As I recall

Originally we were told when KOTOR 2 was annouced.

There ahs been dozens of preveiws but every time I make a new game and complete it. I feel at a loss.

Many preveiws told the reader how the game was going to be exciting, the Republic is on the verge of collaspe (which we never really saw...) sith are hunting you (not once have I been hunted since I left Paragus)

Also a lot of preveiws told the reader how sith fighters will attack you and board your craft...

That has never.. ever.. happen to me.

We were also promise a choice of characters, like our alignment would have an effect when it comes to selecting party members. NEVER HAPPEN besides the whole Hanharr thing but that is different as it wasn't even a choice...

At first we were promised download content... at the START of the ****ing game. It has been what 5 months? COME ON.

We were also forced to hype about these 2 new sith lords and we were also somehow convinced that there were factions of the sith (which we could help or destroy) YET... the only faction we saw was Sion and his cloaking buddies and the stupid guy with the dress who is a part time necromancer...

We were also promised new fighting animations... though all we got is just 1 animation for every type of weapon/skill with a glowly effect <_<

We were also promised new 30 powers... what... oh yeah.. all the new powers are crap. They are completely worthless.

Do we need crap non-lightsabre deflect? Do we need animal control (whatever the hell it does) and force sight?

We were also promised movie scense, GCI scenese.. THOUGH... the only "scene" we got was the one at the end that was 15 seconds... grr...

Overall I feel scammed. Sure the story of KOTOR 2 makes sense and is it ok.

But it was suspose to be perfect, yet it was not even good....

So many mistakes, missing scenes, looping speech. grrr

Sith do board your ship when you are trying to get off Peragus if you dont shoot them all with the turent

And there were new fighting animations besides the glowing thing... just look at the diffrent levels of Flurry, it was one of the first i noticed..

I also found the blaster deflect usful BEFOR I got my lightsaber...

and just because YOU personaly aren't happy with what they delivered, doesnt mean it wasnt delivered... They did deliver new force powers and animations, just because your not happy with it doesnt mean that they arent there... but I have no clue about the movie thing

Many preveiws told the reader how the game was going to be exciting, the Republic is on the verge of collaspe (which we never really saw...)

In my game I saw plenty of collapses and a couple of verges, but I don't think I ever saw one of those republic thingies nearby ... They're green, aren't they? With dullish brown stripes? :-

what dissapointed me about KoTOR2 was the lack of choice, too many things felt forced upon you, felt more free about that in KoTOR1. also, tons of inconsistencies, and dialogs that come up, with reference to dialogs, you havn't had yet...

i guess many of us had too high expectations for it.

Not to mention people referring to revan as female here, male there, then female again..

K2 was a good game, but the storytelling was a bit... wierd.

Darth Nihilus (or what's his name) can kill an entire planet worth of people, but not detect his own apprentice and a Jedi boarding, even while Nihilus' only agenda is hunting Jedi? Even Malak had the brains to set traps and choose the place of battle, and Malak wasn't the brightest of Sith.

I felt somewhat cheated storywise. Before playing K2, I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I'd probably prefer a Destroy-Generic-Superweapon-of-the-Month kind of story. At least those have tension built for the epic battles. Maybe I'm just mainstreamy. I liked PS:T, but that setting was far more suited for that kind of story.

K1 was great in this perspective, since it was a superweapon kind of story AND had a very nice twist, even though I saw it coming.

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Sith do board your ship when you are trying to get off Peragus if you dont shoot them all with the turent

And there were new fighting animations besides the glowing thing... just look at the diffrent levels of Flurry, it was one of the first i noticed..

I also found the blaster deflect usful BEFOR I got my lightsaber...

and just because YOU personaly aren't happy with what they delivered, doesnt mean it wasnt delivered... They did deliver new force powers and animations, just because your not happy with it doesnt mean that they arent there... but I have no clue about the movie thing

Exactly! :thumbsup: I thought it was a great game, except for the ending.

In regards to to choosing NPCs you can coose your gender and your alignment so you can indirectly choose which NPCs will eventually join you. You can also choose whether or not to repair HK47.

EDIT: Also the problem with previews of games is that they often are inaccurate so it isnt wise to base toyur expextations of game on them

At first we were promised download content... at the START of the ****ing game. It has been what 5 months? COME ON.

We were? I must've been asleep during THAT one. :wub:"

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

And I certainly didn't feel anything being "forced on me" in K2.

There are quite a number of rather poorly scripted sequences where you are completely on rails and where the game does not even allow you to do normal things like switching equipment around between party members or to summon a party member for some work on a workbench. E.g. Nar Shaddaa from the time you receive the invitation until the Exile is freed on Goto's Yacht, or the sequence of events that starts in the rebuilt enclave on Dantooine and ends with the death of Darth Traya.

Much of the bad scripting becomes really apparent if you replay the game because then you have a pretty good idea what you as a player can do and also what you want to do. It gets even more annoying if the script not only keeps you from doing what you want - quite unnecessarily at that - but if you are also forced to watch the cutscenes and convos again in their entirety because the game does not let you skip them or at least fast-forward through them.

There are also plenty of scenes where small-minded, brain-dead scripting cages you in at certain locations. For example, after the fighting ends in the throne room of the Iziz Palace you are caged in close to a small platform; if you move towards the platform in order to retrieve the loot then the game yanks you back with some inane comment. Dito if you move towards the remains of the earlier battle in the middle of the hall. Of course, the brown stuff really hits fan if a brain-dead script cages you in at some battle scene and the last remaining foe is outside the cage; at this point the game becomes unwinnable and you have to reload. This happened to me in the final hall of the Dxun tomb.

And I certainly didn't feel anything being "forced on me" in K2.

... The sequence of events that starts in the rebuilt enclave on Dantooine and ends with the death of Darth Traya. ...

I heartily concur. Try doing the Dantooine confrontation with any combination of team members and dialogue choices to see if you can change any part of the plot until the end of the game.

You can't. It's just one long odd interactive cutscene spliced together between some battles.

Tht is the restrictive lack of role playing that annoyed me the most.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In answer to your question. yes I was pretty dissapointed by the game. More so from a plot standpoint, and also atmosphere, I liked the darker "feel", but in the end it didn't feel tot "Star Warsey". I'm not sur why it just was lacking in a way there that the K1 wasn't. All and all the game is pretty fun to play up until the "return to the Jedi Enclave". I can't really blame the problems on possible cut content or anything, its ending was just executed with the proficiency of a 6yr old telling their class about their summer vacation.

"And then we went to Telos. And we saw the guy we saw on Datoonie. And then we fought the bad man with the mask, and he was easier then we ever could have imagined. and then we went to malachor.......

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I like the KOTOR2 storyline better. It felt deeper and more intelligent. KOTOR1 was simmple but perfectly executed.

But I still think that KOTOR1 is a better game overall. The pacing of character interactions especially was alot better and they had a chance to resolve their issues. As opposed to KOTOR2 where they just stoped saying anything new after a certain point.

If only Obsidian spent more time on the game....

Linear gameplay: How was KOTOR1 different in this respect? The only place where you could really choose how the story plays out was at the very end with Bastila. But this I personally dont care about as long as the story is good.

In K2 you could do entire planets with a different outcomes....

And btw both endings sucked. I really expect more from a 30+ hour game with such characters and story. But all you get is: "You won here is a medal" and the Ebon Hawk flying away force knows where....

Call ONE game that was shipped as promised when announced. If it's true you'll be the best human on this world (and beyond)

There ahs been dozens of preveiws but every time I make a new game and complete it. I feel at a loss.

See before

Many preveiws told the reader how the game was going to be exciting, the Republic is on the verge of collaspe (which we never really saw...) sith are hunting you (not once have I been hunted since I left Paragus)

Also a lot of preveiws told the reader how sith fighters will attack you and board your craft...

Yep, that's too bad, but as said the boarding is there

That has never.. ever.. happen to me.

Happened to me 2/4 games

We were also promise a choice of characters, like our alignment would have an effect when it comes to selecting party members. NEVER HAPPEN besides the whole Hanharr thing but that is different as it wasn't even a choice...

Indeed, the influence and change of TM's to DS/LS had a bigger role, yet they kept a bit, unlike KOTOR1, where there was no choise at all

Xbox??? No way they promised that! Especially noting there is no Xbox Live connection. And it hasn't been out for 5 months for PC. I guess you got fooled by a joke

We were also forced to hype about these 2 new sith lords and we were also somehow convinced that there were factions of the sith (which we could help or destroy) YET... the only faction we saw was Sion and his cloaking buddies and the stupid guy with the dress who is a part time necromancer...

Wow, Malak is so much better, and I never read anything about joining the Sith and such ever anywhere..., you forget Nihilus and Kreia too BTW

We were also promised new fighting animations... though all we got is just 1 animation for every type of weapon/skill with a glowly effect  <_<

You looking when playing? Even Standard Attack must have 5+ new attacks, not to talk about the Special Feat Attacks

We were also promised new 30 powers... what... oh yeah.. all the new powers are crap. They are completely worthless.

Not if you use them

Do we need crap non-lightsabre deflect? Do we need animal control (whatever the hell it does) and force sight?

Handy before Lightsaber, and the +3 defect from afterwards is handy even WITH lightsaber, and the other 2 are free, so don't complain if you don't use them then..., oh and BTW, if you PAY ATTENTION you know what Animal Control does

We were also promised movie scense, GCI scenese.. THOUGH... the only "scene" we got was the one at the end that was 15 seconds... grr...

Missed the other 60? You use "Warp Endfight" at once???

Overall I feel scammed. Sure the story of KOTOR 2 makes sense and is it ok.

Played the end? Addendum: Untill the end

But it was suspose to be perfect, yet it was not even good....

Story is OK, but not even good. Did I miss some lines between this and the above?

So many mistakes, missing scenes, looping speech. grrr

Agreed.

And about K2 Forcing You, what about the linear way of all K1 planets, and even the same end.

The "From Dantooine Meet all the same" is as true as "From Unknown World Meet all the same"...

... And about K2 Forcing You, what about the linear way of all K1 planets, and even the same end.

The "From Dantooine Meet all the same" is as true as "From Unknow World Meet all the same"...

Different emphasis.

In K1, the story arc, the plot momentum was singular and didn't branch, yes, I grant you that. But in K2, not only was the story rigid, by the end from Dantooine's Jedi Council confrontation was just four cut scenes interspersed with three fights. At no time could you opt for a different set up. It wasn't enough that the dialogue options were restricted, but also you couldn't even change events by choosing any of them -- like succumbing to the Jedi Council's will -- without the Kreia Deus ex Machina intervention.

That and the feeling of being carried along like a twig in a stream annoyed me.

Then you get a dialogue tree to explain all the bits the developers didn't have time to create scripts for. ;)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The sith assassins show up on Dxun, at the Mandalorian camp, when you're on your way to Onderon.. Doesn't that count as the sith hunting you?

and since only three of the planets in the game are controlled by the republic, whereas two of them are being rebuild, doesn't that give you a feeling of the republic being on the verge of collapsing?

...how exactly did you have any more choices of action in K1 than in K2? And I certainly didn't feel anything being "forced on me" in K2.

Even with the flawed endings, I still consider K2 to be far superior to K1.

We had an option of killing Juhani, killing mission, killing the wookie.

...how exactly did you have any more choices of action in K1 than in K2? And I certainly didn't feel anything being "forced on me" in K2.

Yes that was the strong point of the game ;)" :p

K2 at least is not as booooooring :-"

Also yes I feel a bit more forced upon in this game.. we didn't have as many options as we did in K1.

K1 you could join the Sith academy, pass off as a student, go through those entertaining trails ;) I really liked the Ajunta Pall tomb and the Sith Master one.

But in K2 the missions are pretty much exactly the same even if you're light or dark.

For example in K1. You had the Datoonie mission about the family fued. At the end you had many options like convince the fathers to buy them a house, convince the lovers to leave home and convince the guy to leave the girl forever and break her heart....

But in K2 we didn't get such complex choices and no where as many as the first game.

The only one I can really think off is the Telos exchange leadership fight, Vusk against that Zeltron. Though K1 had much more interesting options..

Yes that was the strong point of the game :-:p

K2 at least is not as booooooring :p"

Baley, I seem to recall that you haven't played K1 past Taris. Is this correct? ;)

If so, you are hardly in a position of authority to declaim the relative boredom quotient of the two games. :cool:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Baley, I seem to recall that you haven't played K1 past Taris. Is this correct? ;)

If so, you are hardly in a position of authority to declaim the relative boredom quotient of the two games. :cool:

No I haven't replayed it past Taris :p" ...I finished the damn game :)

IMO^^ :D also if a game is that boring...I would easely quit and never look back :)

Well if Taris and Manaan weren't so long, K1 would be insanely fun to play...

Manaan all that walking underwater and the whole "no wilderness" really ticked me off and Taris had some fun parts like the Arena and the whole gang war. But what really ticked me off was the mission/zaalbar missions... my first game I was probably in the sewers for a good 3 hours. OF BOREDOM.

No I haven't replayed it past Taris :p" ...I finished the damn game :)

IMO^^ :D also if a game is that boring...I would easely quit and never look back :)

haha I have to admit that I probably played K1 13 times and probably K2 16 times (played it during Christmas every second!)

Well if Taris and Manaan weren't so long, K1 would be insanely fun to play...

Manaan all that walking underwater and the whole "no wilderness" really ticked me off and Taris had some fun parts like the Arena and the whole gang war. But what really ticked me off was the mission/zaalbar missions... my first game I was probably in the sewers for a good 3 hours. OF BOREDOM.

Use Jedi Speed power just before donning the pressure suit and you will be blessed with continuous speed whilst outside ... looks like a warped Benny Hill chase.

I didn't like Taris at all first few times, then I liked it (apart from having to use the walking carpet and whiney little Mission, I grant you that still irks :D ) and then I tried level-hoarding Revan until Dantooine, which added some spice to the whole process (!).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT