KoToR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Yes, Kotor should be onlien and coop like nwn! It should have mods aswell, if kotor was like nwn i'd pay 5,000 dollars for it without blinking. It woudl have endless mods and replayability, more classes with more deffinition and uniqueness of classes, online co-op would rule the game world!

If i had millions of dolalrs i'd contract it myself, that show bad I want it. but i don't so I just have to hope.

I heard it said its impossible with the combat system, but all that is really needed is a little tweaking of the engine to work.

And no I don't want an nwn mod, nwn is an awesoem game but not anymore cause I hate the combat system and bad graphics now. They give me a headache.

And to those who think its a abd idea, then you are just selfish cause if you don't liek it fine don't use that feature, you wills till have your sp mode to play alone in.

k. that smy idea, make it happen. heh

oh yeah few more:

a more robust character creation

*hooded* jedi robes

start as jedi not a jedi who forgot he was a jedi

the option to use yer saved char from kotor2..keeping with the rpg of the game. until this is done, i cant readily call this an rpg series. You can just scale enemies base don yer level, to keep the challenge up.

content downlaod for xbox.

an actual finished product.

Things I'd like: HK, T3, and The Ebon Hawk come back, but theres so much empty space in the Ebon Hawk, so I say you should recruit one or two optional non-playable NPCs. Maybe a smuggler or merchant or something that you could haul around as a passenger or something, who's inventory would change depending on what worlds you've visited and what point you are in the story. Also, the interior of the Ebon Hawk should change depending on what NPCs you have. Like when you get a new NPC, the area they would sleep would get some more personality. For example, since Handmaiden's quarters was the Cargo hold, maybe she would put down a cushion to sleep on, and maybe hang a couple sheets to brighten up her corner of the hold. Or with Bao-Dur, maybe he could have had tools and such around the garage section.

I think it should be a new protagonist, since both Revan and the Exile are too high level for a new game. I think both should be major parts of the story, but not joinable NPCs or the PC. Either main NPCs or bosses.

Alien races should be character creation options, and instead of selecting static heads, you should be able to create your character from scratch.

The influence system needs to be fixed, so if you influence someone to dark side they start acting dark side. Also if you go the whole train-companions-to-be-jedi route, have conversation options after they've been trained. Have them seek your wisdom and such.

My ideal protagonist would be a recently promoted Jedi Knight from the new academy, who has just been granted a padawan. Make the padawan a youngin who needs guidance and such. Choose from 3 or 4 padawans at the beginning, all who have different personalities. For example, one of them is very impressionable and takes your teachings to heart, one is headstrong and arrogant, one is extremely loyal to the order, etc. This would make for interesting interractions later if you decide to go darkside and your padawan disagrees with you.

There should be two "chapters" of the game. The first part should take place in known space, IMO the story should revolve around your characters mission to locate Revan and the Exile, so the first part would be investigating where they went and how to get there. There should be 3 explorable worlds at this point. It would be as non-linear as the first two, only less explorable worlds. The 2nd part would be after discovering the general area where Revan and the Exile left to, this would open up 3 more explorable worlds in addition to the previous 3, and quests you complete and info you gather could open up new quests on the previous worlds.

Party members I'd like to see would be

Your Padawan

HK-47

T3-M4

Another jedi and his padawan

a Bothan

plus around 6 more, but only 4 of which can join you in any one game.

Single saber should be just as good as double.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hello...

just some KOTOR III rumor stuff I got from another forum. the link to where I got it from is below.read this and see what you think.

RUMOR...

Word on the street is that KOTOR III's title was leaked: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 3: The Last of the Republic. Apparently, the exile and Revan's stories will tie in together, and the HK factory will be included as part of the plot.

It's also pretty likely that Obsidian will develop, seeing as that they are requesting staff for an "unnanounced project" (look at their front page). I aslo remember reading in Game Informer that Obsidian is hard at work on KOTOR3.

source:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147207

Did you miss the all the discussion on how that's total crap because Obsidian themselves said they're working on a project which is 'not a sequel' and 'not a Bioware license'? That's an old rumor and it's utter drivel. Please don't repeat stuff like that; it gets people's hopes up when they shouldn't be up.

Fact is, we're too early to get any news on KOTOR 3 except the utter unlikelihood that it will be made within the next five years or ever, at least by Bioware or Obsidian who are both working on other projects, and they're pretty much the only good candidates. Yeah, it sucks, but that's the cold hard truth, and we have little choice but to either accept it or write to LucasArts.

For the spaceship, one of the things I would like to see is to have someone in the starport offer to upgrade the astro charts of your navicomputer.  If you pay to have it done, you get a couple to extra (non-essential) worlds to navigate to.

This is one of those ideas that are really good, but will almost certainly never make it into a game.

Computer games are an industry, and as much as we might love or hate it as gamers/consumers, the company has to look at cost/benefit. The days when games could be loaded with all sorts of cool and extensive easter eggs or what not (like in Fallout 2) are over, because writing a computer game is now a major business enterprise rather than the love child of dedicated programmers. That's not to say the companies are full of money-loving suits now, but where a game could be written by three or four people for about as many months just four or five years ago, today it's a major investment requiring teams of 20+ programmers working for more than a year (with KotOR2 we have a bad example of what happens, if they cut down on that time...) Add to that voice-talent and marketing, and it all adds up.

One consequence of that is that it is no longer feasible to write/program vast areas of computer games that only a handful of dedicated fans will ever play. Since every part of a game takes such major dedication from the whole team, there simply isn't room for throwing in a few extras just for the fans - we've passed the point where that could be done easily.

Now, I'd certainly like something like you suggest, just as I'd like the ideas some people have voiced about the dark/light sides of the game being completely different. That's not going to happen either, though, since most of us will play only dark or light, and so it's a waste for the developers to write it, since they would essentially be writing two games and only get the income from one. That is not feasible either.

Of course, this may change again in time, if programming because easier/less costly for some reason, but I don't see it happening in the next few years.

So, I don't think that will happen, sadly. In fact, I'm quite certain it won't.

Well, several people were very kind to my description of what I'd like to see for an opening in KotOR3. Thank you all.

Obviously I had other thoughts about what I'd like, so I've written down some of it. What follows is what I'd like for the second part of KotOR3, which still takes place in the known galaxy. I'm hoping this can serve as a basis for what we'd like to see happen in the game plotwise, so feel free to comment or give constructive critiscism - just because I like something doesn't mean that everyone else will, too, or even that it's good :shifty:

Part 2

Most of the Jedi leave and go their separate ways, both to hide and to seek out information about this new threat. One of the jedi, the Disciple or the Handmaiden, I'd say, stays behind to guard the youngest children, though. This is considered acceptable, since a single jedi with a few very young children aren't believed to present much of a target for the true Sith. The rest all scatter to various planets.

Since the main character and his/her master are relatively inexperienced, they are charged with taking the Ebon Hawk and the droids (HK-47 and T3-M4) to safety as well as guarding several of the young jedi students/children.

They take the children to Alderaan, which is one of the most peaceful worlds, and where the children are believed to be safe. Of course, this just sets off a series of events that will bring them to the center of the plot.

Alderaan is already being infiltrated by Sith assassins (similar to those we saw in KotOR2). They aren't planning an all-out war, just to kill a few leaders and then manipulate the peaceful people of Alderaan to be more 'accepting' toward the Sith.

Naturally the main character and his/her master will soon begin to look into what is going on, which will force a confrontation with the Sith assassins, as they try to take out the meddling jedi. Unfortunately, this will also lead to the Sith discovering the significance of the Ebon Hawk and perhaps T3's knowledge of Revan and the Exile.

The jedi will get some help, however, from a mysterious and rather shady character (a scoundrel) named Tawyn. He will give them a warning about what is going on and help them when he can. Tawyn obviously knows a lot of things and should be pretty good with a blaster too. He is secretly a member of the Genoharadan seeking to preserve the republic by any means necessary. He is here because he learned of the Sith plan on Sleheyron, and so came here to stop it. Since the republic is in trouble these days, he has no problem openly helping the jedi. Tawyn won't admit to any of this, of course, and will be a source of background information and innuendo throughout the game. He isn't a master at any skill, but he knows a little about almost everything.

This leads to a battle where the main character's master is killed, but instead the main character chances across Bastila.

Bastila can be both dark side and light side. If both she and the main character are light side, then she will obviously join the battle against the Sith, either because she has followed them here searching for clues to Revan's fate or because she was captured by the Sith while searching for Revan, and they've been trying to turn her to the dark side. Perhaps even both... Either way, Bastila becomes the main character's new master and they join forces to search for Revan.

If Bastila is dark side, but the main character is playing light side, then the player must feign interest in learning from her and embrace the Sith teachings, since that is the only hope of finding Revan and what he/she learned of the true Sith. I could see a scene where the main character's dying master charges him or her with that dangerous mission with her dying breath...

In any event, evil Bastila is still searching for Revan, so even if dark sided, she is still there to find clues to Revan's whereabouts. It's also possible that she has feigned an alliance with the Sith assassins in order to spy on them, only to then turn on them when they face severe opposition from the jedi. The main character must now use Bastila to find Revan, and Bastila is content to allow this, as she is certain she can handle a young jedi and turn him or her to the dark side for her own purposes. That would be the a waltz between light and dark similar to light Exile's relationship with Kreia in KotOR2.

Note: Bastila needs to be fairly powerful from the moment you meet her - I'd say no less than 12th level or so, which should be more than the main character at this point. [in fact, I'd add a routine meaning that Bastila (and the main character's master before her) will always be at least one level of experience above the main character. I'd also do something similar for the Exile (two levels or more above) and Revan (three levels or more above)].

Bastila and the main character now travel across several worlds in their search for Revan and the Exile. If Revan was set to light side, then We should see some of the old crew along the way. I'd like to see Jolee, Zaalbar, and Mission again, and even have them be part of the crew for a while. We could have Mission and Zaalbar join the main character upon the death of the master until the main character meets Bastila, then leave them on whatever world we met them on to stay and rebuild.

Anyway, an investigation eventually reveals that the invaders infiltrated Alderaan by smugglers operating from the world of Myrkr, though their ships originated from Hutt-controlled Sleheyron. The latter point may also be revealed by Tawyn, since that was how he was clued into what was going on. There is evidence to suggest that they came from some other place outside the known galaxy, perhaps from Sith space, but only access to the starmaps of those original Sith ships would reveal that. The Intiate and group can now visit either of these worlds to find more clues after leaving the jedi children behind for protection on Alderaan.

On Myrkr the group will quickly be forced into the wilderness by Czerka and various "business associates" (smugglers) seeking to protect their hidden base and the Ebon Hawk will be captured. This will force the group into the forest wilderness. Of course, only then will the jedi realize that their force powers are completely neutralized here, since the Ysalamiri can suppress the force by 'pushing' it back. This'll give the non-jedi in the group a place to shine while the force-powers of the jedi are completely useless.

In the forests, however, the group will also chance across groups of angry wookies. They are escaped slaves of Czerka trying to make a new life for themselves, though their motives are uncertain and, as will soon become apparent, still undetermined. Even more mysterious are the tree-like Neti, who just want all the strangers to go away. It seems they are also in a war with the wookies, but it will soon become apparent that the wookies are fighting even among themselves.

If Revan was light side, then the group will meet Mission and Zaalbar here. They are replaced by similar characters, if Revan was dark side in KotOR1. They are trying to get the wookies to cooperate with the Neti against Czerka. Since the wookies respect mostly strength, they intend to do so by letting Zaalbar claim the position of chieftain in the rogue "tribe". However, a powerful challenging wookie has also demanded the position claiming that the wookies should fight down all opposition, be they Neti or humans, and then punish their former Czerka masters before claiming the planet for their own. This aggressive wookie is named Hanharr.

This leads to an obvious light/dark-side choice for the main character which determines how things will play out on Myrkr for now. Hanharr will be backed by Czerka agents pretending to be disgruntled former employees and bounty hunters respecting Hanharr, while Mission and Zaalbar will be backed by the native Neti. In the end it comes down to a straight fight to the death between Zaalbar and Hanharr.

A victory for Hanharr will see the wookies fight the Neti while Hanharr 'loses' some of his people to Czerka by secretly letting them be recaptured (similar to KotOR1). Still, Czerka will give the group back the Ebon Hawk as well as the information they came looking for. The information is corrupted, however, and only partially useful, so the group will also have to go to Sleheyron to find out more. This will hurt both the wookies and the Neti, but Hanharr won't care, because Czerka will reward him for it.

Victory for Zaalbar, however, will lead to an alliance between the wookies and the Neti against Czerka. They will overrun the Czerka capital, allowing the group to both reclaim the Ebon Hawk and find the information they came looking for. But, as above, the data is corrupted and only partially useful. Still, Zaalbar and Zaalbar will make some of the pleading Czerka survivors use their ships to bring the wookies back to Kashyyyk. Mission and Zaalbar then leave the group again.

On Sleheyron the group will quickly run into trouble with the Hutts. Sleheyron will be similar to Nar Shaddaa (in KotOR2), except that it'll be a long, continuous struggle between various Hutts. I read a topic on the KotOR1 boards:

swforums.bioware.com

The topic is about how Sleheyron was actually dropped from KotOR1. We've heard about it in both games, so I think we should see it at last, and I want to see what Bioware's David Gaider described, so I'm just going to follow that idea (though maybe the arena isn't such a good idea...).

Sleheyron is even worse than Nar Shaddaa, which at least had some humanity left in it. Sleheyron, however, is a grim and dark place, where the Hutts rule on their whims and will happily sacrifice anyone they can use as pawns in their power-games. To say that the Exchange operates openly here would be competely redundant... You cant throw a stone here without hitting slave-markets, bounty hunters with their captured prey, "legitimate businessmen" haggling over prices for narcotics, etc. Basically you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany... (Okay, that was a cheap shot. There, I admit it...) :)

Still even such a horrible place will have its own sort of 'underground' movement. In this case it's a group trying to free slaves and other innocents and smuggle them away from this place. The group will soon enough meet up with this group, especially if the main character is light side.

Basically you can play the various Huttese factions against each other, working for one or the other, or you can do the decent thing and help the underground. If Revan was set to light side, then the underground will have a surprising leader: A 'neutral' jedi named Jolee Bindo. Old Jolee is once again doing what he always does - working in the shadows and secretly helping the poor and oppressed. If Revan is dark side, however, then Jolee is dead, in which case he should be replaced by a daring scoundrel (who will be Jolee's second-in-command if Jolee is alive).

The main challenge on Sleheyron is to find information about the Sith ships and where they came from. The ships have since departed again, but naturally the treacherous Hutts took steps to slice their computers for valuable knowledge. The Hutts would be willing to sell this information in exchange for certain services such as, but not limited to, assassinations of rivals, exposure of "illegal" transactions by the competition, extortion, etc. (Note that even the Hutts have rules to follow.) The Hutts are as deceptive as ever, though, and are content to share the information about the Sith only because they know their data is encrypted and partially corrupted. They're wrong, though, since they don't know that the group has found or will find corrupted but unencrypted data on Myrkr, which can be combined to reveal the whereabouts of a Sith invasion fleet currently hiding on the edge of republic space.

Of course, light siders could also join up with Jolee and infiltrate the Hutts in order to slice their computers. Jolee has no skill for that, but he knows Sleheyron well by now, and someone in the group will have much better computer skill (if no one else, then Tawyn will). Jolee wants to slice the Hutt computers to 'rearrange' some slave transports so that they fall into the hands of the republic or to otherwise free slaves. Not sure whether Jolee should stay and help on Sleheyron or go with the group to seek out and help Revan. Either option seems relevant, but it's Jolee's choice to make (and so the programmers') and not the main character's.

In any event, the group will end up with the data that will allow them to find the initial Sith invasion fleet. They also learn that this fleet is being commanded by a nefarious Sith lord called... Darth Nihilus?

I personally love the idea of taking a padawan, especially if, at the start of the game, you are taken as a padawan to another jedi master. I'd like to see you a padawan until about Lv. 8-10, and have one from about Lv. 12.

Also, Having a master could work despite him being an obviously higher level than the PC. If you worked together, but in separate areas. Eg. say you were tring to infiltrate a ship, he might go in through the cargo hold, and he might send you to open it and then get yourself in through the docking airlock.

I personally love the idea of taking a padawan, especially if, at the start of the game, you are taken as a padawan to another jedi master. I'd like to see you a padawan until about Lv. 8-10, and have one from about Lv. 12.

Also, Having a master could work despite him being an obviously higher level than the PC. If you worked together, but in separate areas. Eg. say you were tring to infiltrate a ship, he might go in through the cargo hold, and he might send you to open it and then get yourself in through the docking airlock.

I think the Padawan idea is a good one, too.

The impact of one's actions is better demonstrated on a Padawan who must follow your lead. Makes much more sense than the whole alignment system.

Also opens up possibilities for sending the Padawan off on smaller scale missions (stealth), and rescuing the Padawans when they fail.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Also, having one padawan gives a lot more depth to the master/apprentice dynamic than training Bao-Dur, Handmaiden/Disciple, Atton, and Mira.

I also kind of like the idea of having a Master/Apprentice team that joins you and perhaps having to take on that master's apprentice after his death, or even just the interractions between you and your padawan, and the other pair.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I propose that in Kotor III there should be a twist I call the Emporer's Complex. The idea would be to control two parties that could either work towards the same goal or parhaps and probably more likely against each other. In order to make this happen, you'd really have to have considerable freedom in selecting party members, And have the option of changing appearance or being in disguise.

Well first of all, the one thing that kinda bugged me in both Kotors is that they were short, 30-35 hours of play just didn't seem enough for such an epic story. I suggest you to pay more attention to the content, story and lenght of the game than to it's looks.

Second, the stories of KotOR 1 and 2 were both fantastic. I would like it to pick up were the last one ended, It would not be advisable to change the character because that would just be to much.

Other than that there's nothing else I have to say.

Well first of all, the one thing that kinda bugged me in both Kotors is that they were short, 30-35 hours of play just didn't seem enough for such an epic story. I suggest you to pay more attention to the content, story and lenght of the game than to it's looks.

Second, the stories of KotOR 1 and 2 were both fantastic. I would like it to pick up were the last one ended, It would not be advisable to change the character because that would just be to much.

Other than that there's nothing else I have to say.

Not be advisable to change the character? The Exile is like almost level 30 at the end of KotOR2, thats just silly. And Revan is level 20, which is silly to start the game with. No explaination would allow either of them to start at level 1, so a new protagonist is required. IMO I'd like the new protagonist to be more of an Obi Wan type character. Meaning he's not the chosen one of the story, but is almost more important to the story than the "chosen one"

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think the Padawan idea is a good one, too.

The impact of one's actions is better demonstrated on a Padawan who must follow your lead. Makes much more sense than the whole alignment system.

Also opens up possibilities for sending the Padawan off on smaller scale missions (stealth), and rescuing the Padawans when they fail.

I definitely agree with the idea of having a Padawan in the truest since of the word. They should also probably cut back on the number of adepts that you can have on your ship at any given time to one or two (and only one for DS, IMO).

And I agree that the Padawan thing would be a great device for some multithreaded elements (which I absolutely love!).

Along the same lines, it would be nice if we had more say in who our primary Force mentor is and it would be nice if this person was not a passenger on our ship (it's nice to be the top dog on your own ship!). And there is no reason why your Force mentor has to be the primary vehicle for main story triggers...would be best to seperate that IMO.

My suggestion is let the series die.  LA doesn't even care enough to give K2 a proper development time and now they don't even care enough for the game to give it proper support after release.  If the Publusher doesn't give a crap, let the series die.

And let's all lobby for a new William Gibson-inspired / Sci-Fi / Deus Ex RPG sequel! (w00t)

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

For the spaceship, one of the things I would like to see is to have someone in the starport offer to upgrade the astro charts of your navicomputer.  If you pay to have it done, you get a couple to extra (non-essential) worlds to navigate to.

This is one of those ideas that are really good, but will almost certainly never make it into a game.

Computer games are an industry, and as much as we might love or hate it as gamers/consumers, the company has to look at cost/benefit. The days when games could be loaded with all sorts of cool and extensive easter eggs or what not (like in Fallout 2) are over, because writing a computer game is now a major business enterprise rather than the love child of dedicated programmers. That's not to say the companies are full of money-loving suits now, but where a game could be written by three or four people for about as many months just four or five years ago, today it's a major investment requiring teams of 20+ programmers working for more than a year (with KotOR2 we have a bad example of what happens, if they cut down on that time...) Add to that voice-talent and marketing, and it all adds up.

One consequence of that is that it is no longer feasible to write/program vast areas of computer games that only a handful of dedicated fans will ever play. Since every part of a game takes such major dedication from the whole team, there simply isn't room for throwing in a few extras just for the fans - we've passed the point where that could be done easily.

Now, I'd certainly like something like you suggest, just as I'd like the ideas some people have voiced about the dark/light sides of the game being completely different. That's not going to happen either, though, since most of us will play only dark or light, and so it's a waste for the developers to write it, since they would essentially be writing two games and only get the income from one. That is not feasible either.

Of course, this may change again in time, if programming because easier/less costly for some reason, but I don't see it happening in the next few years.

I agree, that the chances of all of those cool ideas making it into the game are very slim, but that's how it "should" be! Sure gaming has become a major industry, but I just can't see why they would not want to improve their games!? How many people here were disapointed because of the shortness of KOTOR I + II, because of the lack of explorable areas, or all the other little things that kept those games from being the best ever? Sure that would take alot longer to program, and there is always the presure from the higher-ups to have it released today rather than tomorow, but it's well worth the extra effort. I don't know the sales numbers, and I could be wrong on this, but in my imediate surroundings everybody bought KOTOR because the expectations were high, that it would not only have a great story but also new ideas, by the time TSL came out they were still so disapointed that I was the only one to buy it. So IMO the benefit of longer development time is certainly larger, since it will not only be a better game but also improve the reputation of the developing team as well as the publisher.

I know all of the above is just the ramblings of one person, but maybe things can change eventually. :-"

Well, now to get to your story:

It's great just as part I :shifty: . I especialy liked the part of Tawyn (kind of like GOTO, just with more play time). The part I'm not sure about would be the roll of Hanharr, 'cause the way I played TSL, he was dead (I killed him, LS and DS)! Also, IMO the PC should not have a new master after his old one dies, but the idea of DS Bastilla trying to draw him to the DS is OK. But I'd rather see Revan as the supreme sith (kind of like the emperor in the movies) no matter how he was previously played, and the Exile as his disciple. This, of course, should be hidden for most of the game!

Other than that your ideas are realy good! :D

I agree, that the chances of all of those cool ideas making it into the game are very slim, but that's how it "should" be! Sure gaming has become a major industry, but I just can't see why they would not want to improve their games!? How many people here were disapointed because of the shortness of KOTOR I + II, because of the lack of explorable areas, or all the other little things that kept those games from being the best ever? Sure that would take alot longer to program, and there is always the presure from the higher-ups to have it released today rather than tomorow, but it's well worth the extra effort. I don't know the sales numbers, and I could be wrong on this, but in my imediate surroundings everybody bought KOTOR because the expectations were high, that it would not only have a great story but also new ideas, by the time TSL came out they were still so disapointed that I was the only one to buy it. So IMO the benefit of longer development time is certainly larger, since it will not only be a better game but also improve the reputation of the developing team as well as the publisher.

Three words: Half Life Two.

Despite the ludicrous hype and crushing force of the expectations of millions of fanboys (and fangirls), Valve produced a game that has redefined the whole genre and set a high-water mark for other games to try to live up to and hopefully surpass.

I don't agree that capitalism equals selfishness. I think that a good product will return a large amount, but a classic game will allow early retirement. Just because it is possible to burn customer goodwill for the sake of quick bucks doesn't mean the tactic is good in the long term; business acumen tells us that keeping customers is lot easier / more profitable than going out and getting more: that's the strategy.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The best K3 story that I ever read on this forum is Swinny's......it's 10 times better then any other, I don't know why he didn't put his thread here but it's been a long time ago since I last heard of him....

Well, now to get to your story:

It's great just as part I  :lol: . I especialy liked the part of Tawyn (kind of like GOTO, just with more play time).

Thanks. Tawyn is a mysterious character who looks completely nefarious. He actually isn't (not really), but his purpose is to always have people wondering how much he knows, and what he is really up to in the end... It's an archetype I frequently end up playing myself in RPGs... :p

The part I'm not sure about would be the roll of Hanharr, 'cause the way I played TSL, he was dead (I killed him, LS and DS)!

Since you only get to describe your previous game according to gender and alignment, some suppositions must be made. I made this in my plot, because I tend more toward the super-benevolent jedi, and it's actually less of a stretch than KotOR2 assuming that LS Revan turned the ghost of Ajunta Pall back to the LS in KotOR1 (which was rather a difficult persuasion check to make). Well, maybe it's just me who likes the idea of setting up the good wookie (Zaalbar) against the evil wookie (Hanharr)...

Also, IMO the PC should not have a new master after his old one dies, but the idea of DS Bastilla trying to draw him to the DS is OK.

I set her up as the new master, since I thought it was too soon in the plot to leave the main character without a master. I'd say the main character should stop having a master and perhaps even take a padawan himself/herself after the confrontation with Darth Nihilus, which is still only about half way through my plot.

But I'd rather see Revan as the supreme sith (kind of like the emperor in the movies) no matter how he was previously played, and the Exile as his disciple. This, of course, should be hidden for most of the game!

Other than that your ideas are realy good! :D

Thanks, but don't give away my whole plot - I'm still far from describing it all... :shifty:

:"> Uups... didn't think you were heading that way! But keep the stories coming! They inspire me, in terms of plot twist, for my mod for NWN!

Oh and I didn't mean to say that capitalism eqals selfishness, I meant to point out, that there is a lot more apreciation for games that have new features and ideas than for games that were forced to a completion like TSL!