need help with morrowind.

><FISH'>

hey there. i recently purchased morrowind but im at loss as to what im supposed to do....i just started and im in the town where i was supposed to go =)

the problem is i dont know how to play it because this is the first one in the series i've played.

oh and its difficult to kill anyone or get a significant amount of gold.

Here's what Id do:

1. unistall it

2. place the CDs anual and papers back in the box

3. go to the store you purchased it from

4. leave it to the man behind the counter and say you want your money back

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

My first advice would be similar to Kaftan Barlasts but since I think it is a little bit unrealistic I'd like to tell you to use your journal if you ever get lost. If you own Bloodmoon or Tribunal it should be organised.

Oh, and although it might seem tempting don't ever leave the main quest in order to do some exploring. This is the best way to kill any fun you might have with the game.

The exact same thing happened to me. I finished the first little village and was ordered to go to tbe next town. I went there, didn't find what I was supposed to find, forgot what I was about to do and spent 30 hours doing really uninspired FedEx-quests. Then I uninstalled it.

About 6 months later I read about the main story on some rpg-site and installed it and forced myself through the main story.. just to find the most anticlimactic ending I've ever seen in a rpg.

They just did so many things wrong in Morrowind.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Uusally, when a game allows you to kill 'everyone' I usually don't think they refer to the gods. LOL

That should be a special feeling ala other games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Personally, I quite liked Morrowind. It gets repetitive at times, but you can have some incredibly personal adventures if you roleplay. Plus the thousands of mods out there give you everything from incredible vampire powers to your own galleon...

Ok, so it gets boring after a while, but the sheer freedom in it keeps you playing for ages.

Uusally, when a game allows you to kill 'everyone' I usually don't think they refer to the gods. LOL

That should be a special feeling ala other games

True

Bethsoft said they wanted total freedom :-;)"

The history in the TES games is great let's just say These Gods where once human too...and they're 2 versions of how they became gods as well o:)

Also there are gods from all the provinces,some of them have been divine from the dawn of time :)

...If they only could do a great game in this setting :(

"Ok, so it gets boring after a while, but the sheer freedom in it keeps you playing for ages."

Since when did 3 hours beome '3-5 hours'?

WOWSERS!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

... Ok, so it gets boring after a while, but the sheer freedom in it keeps you playing for ages.

Spending 8 hours collecting mushrooms while you walk agonisingly slowly around the map is kinda annoying. I get what they're trying to do, but I lost interest after a while.

I play games to escape dull bits of life and drudgery. Sure, I don't expect to teleport into an end boss and kill him with a munchkin PC, but still, I don't really see the point in teaching me patience by having me do some repetitive cycle of boring things for dozens of hours so that I can talk to someone who tells me to do more cycles of the same to be able to talk to the next dude who ... you get the idea.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

...If they only could do a great game in this setting :rolleyes:

Try Daggerfall.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Daggerfall,altho a better game than MW was way too buggy and had very large repetitive dungeons...not something I like :rolleyes:

The bugs are like a game within the game. They're like a major side quest! :D

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

hey there. i recently purchased morrowind but im at loss as to what im supposed to do....i just started and im in the town where i was supposed to go =)

the problem is i dont know how to play it because this is the first one in the series i've played.

Give ring to Fargoth, go to the shop. Sell everything you've got, except the lock pick. Buy Claymore and some armor. Go to the lighthouse and kill woman, steal book and lockpick chest for a valuable sword/axe - can't remember. Go back to shop, sell book and valuable sword. Then go to Balmora and give letter to Caius Crassius or whatever he's called.

Something like that. :(

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one in the world who actually likes Morrowind. ^^;

Give ring to Fargoth, go to the shop. Sell everything you've got, except the lock pick. Buy Claymore and some armor. Go to the lighthouse and kill woman, steal book and lockpick chest for a valuable sword/axe - can't remember. Go back to shop, sell book and valuable sword. Then go to Balmora and give letter to Caius Crassius or whatever he's called.

Something like that. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I feel I'm the only one in the world who actually likes Morrowind. ^^;

I like Morrowind; it's just a very (very) different game than the KOTOR games. The vast amount of freedom that Bethesda games give you can be a bit disconcerting to players who are used to being locked into the main storyline. The fact that the Bethesda games play like a single player MMORPG takes some getting used to, and doesn't appeal to everyone...

I like Morrowind; it's just a very (very) different game than the KOTOR games.  The vast amount of freedom that Bethesda games give you can be a bit disconcerting to players who are used to being locked into the main storyline.  The fact that the Bethesda games play like a single player MMORPG takes some getting used to, and doesn't appeal to everyone...

Freedom I can deal with.

Mindless and endless and pointless, I am a little less partial to. :thumbsup:

If it wasn't for the boots of speed (and my magic-resistant whatever race she was, so that I could actually wear them and still half see) then I would have given up even sooner. :lol:"

I got sooooooo bored I started running/swimming across country to get to some -- any -- interesting encounter. :shifty:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nah, you're not the only one. You're just not in the right place.

As for you, Fish, why not check out the Elder Scrolls' official forums. You came here for KOTORII, so try www.elderscrolls.com for Morrowind. :huh:

I love Morrowind, but then again I love to *actually* role-play, and Morrowind has offered the most freedom to do so of any game I've played. I also think the skill and leveling system makes the most sense of any RPG I've played.

But I like KOTOR, as well. I guess I'm an exception for being able to like both...