Any Fallout news?

Do you have a memorable character from their previous games?

All of their characters are crap...not even one good one ;)

I really can't say, I got sick with Morrowind after about an hour. But probably not (do they even have characters that are anything bu spreadsheets?).

But just because they've chosen not to have any characters in the past it doesn't mean they can't create ones for FO3. Which, by the way, is probably developed by a totally different team than TES: Oblivion, so I'm guessing they've hired some new people for FO3, maybe some writers?

Apparently Bethesda is working real hard to address the generic NPC problem for their next Elder Scrolls game. They even stated that the dialogue system has been completed overhauled where it is no longer keyword based like in Morrowind. You guys should wait and see how Oblivion pans out before writing the next Fallout off.

Personally I can't stand Morrowind, I tried to get into it several times but I always get bored after the first hour or so. Th static world was a major problem for many gamers and Bethesda knows it.

Nah..those books were far better than the game itself :wub: ...you should read some :thumbsup:

That would require actually playing Morrowind though. I think thats against my religion or something.

I got so bored (I did give it a fair go, over about a day's worth of time) that I eventually cheated (money only) and bought the best equipment and went into the centre ... boy, that was dullsville, too. Madness. I wonder if the expansions are any better .... :ph34r:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wish I could read those books outside of the game :(

I played MW just to collect more books :)

Tribunal is a Dungeon Hak

Bloodmoon is better but still not that good :-"

Hang on a minute, you hated MW, yet you played both expansions?

Baley, I think you need to step away from the computer, put the mouse down, and go outside and breath some air .... yes, that funny thing that is exerting force on your face -- that's air! It's good for you. Breath deeply. Now try not to think of the box inside ... don't let it take your attention ... go and run around the park or something. o:)

Man, you are really addicted to virtual reality! :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When I get bored of ever thing else I play I put in Morrowind, but I have to be bored of everything first.

As far as I am concerned Fallout 3 will be Morrowind with guns. As for SPECIAL being real time, we have already seen that rules system in real time and it sucked big time. We have seen SPECIAL in real time in Lionheart and FOT. It has been proven that SPECIAL does not work in real time, though I am 90% certainty that Bethesda's "Fallout" will be real time.

Harvey

As for SPECIAL being  real time, we have already seen that rules system in real time and it sucked big time.  We have seen SPECIAL in real time in Lionheart and FOT.  It has been proven that SPECIAL does not work in real time, though I am 90% certainty that Bethesda's "Fallout" will be real time.

It's so common to hear "SPECIAL in real time? OMG suckage!", but so far, I haven't heard a single reason why it doesn't work. To me, FOT was a good game. Crappy interface, but nice overall.

AD&D was supposed to be TB, too. And the BG series proved that it could work in RT. :blink:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The whole discussion of why SPECIAL won't work in real time was brought up over and over when Bethsoft first got the license to Fallout. It's a dead issue and has simply been claimed as fact. I'm sure the encyclopedias are updating as we speak.

As for SPECIAL being  real time, we have already seen that rules system in real time and it sucked big time.  We have seen SPECIAL in real time in Lionheart and FOT.  It has been proven that SPECIAL does not work in real time, though I am 90% certainty that Bethesda's "Fallout" will be real time.

It's so common to hear "SPECIAL in real time? OMG suckage!", but so far, I haven't heard a single reason why it doesn't work. To me, FOT was a good game. Crappy interface, but nice overall.

AD&D was supposed to be TB, too. And the BG series proved that it could work in RT. :thumbsup:

I think its just that it hasn't successfully worked in real time yet, so we're just worried that it will suck in the 3rd try too. I know 3rd time's a charm and all that, but TB SPECIAL works so we just don't want to take the risk. Also, when a sequel trastically changes game mechanics, it tends to not be as good as its predecessors. I agree that updates are required, graphic overhaul, rules tweaks, etc. but when a sequel is so different that it doesn't resemble the previous games, its not a sequel.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg