Bastila (behind the scenes info)

Don't know if you have already seen this stuff or not. Sorry if you have already.

Anyway, thought this info was kinda cool:

[spoilerS]

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...ilashan/?id=bts

[spoilerS]

I'm not familiar with the comics but I reckon it would have been pretty cool if they had kept some kind of comic book character association. They must have had their reasons for not keeping it that way though. :cool:

Actually the Great Sith War is only 40 years before KOTOR although that still makes it to long ago for Nomi to have been Bastila's mother. Still, as a compromise when I found about Bastila's original backstory I designed it so that Nomi Sunrider was Bastila's master rather than mother.

the drawing of her is horrible tho

I'd have to agree... none of them really seem to match up very well with her character in game...

the best artistic "impression" of bastila ive seen was this: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...n/img/eu_bg.jpg

I guess it comes as no suprise seeing as its official stuff... but then again, so were those drawings.

- Dan

Actually the Great Sith War is only 40 years before KOTOR although that still makes it to long ago for Nomi to have been Bastila's mother. Still, as a compromise when I found about Bastila's original backstory I designed it so that Nomi Sunrider was Bastila's master rather than mother.

well, nomi sunrider can't be bastila's mum - coz we all know who bastila's mum is - she was on tatooine in the first game! and her name was jan or somthing like that, i really cant remember.

Sareth Dorn is a cool name, I personally like the sound of Sareth more than Juhani, but that's just my preference. But of course the name Bastila is much prettier than both, so I can see why they used it for the lead NPC girl. :cool:

I think I might use Sareth Dorn name next time I play.

fact is bastla shan was , for starter, supposed to be vima sunrider, the daughter of nomi sunrider, but the idea was dropped and bastila was created. In fact she took juhani's first name

BioWare stated over at their boards that there was a weird copyright issue with the name 'Sunrider'. LucasArts would not let them use it. In fact, they could have gotten in trouble if LucasArts had noticed that she is mentioned (in Jolee's convo's). It was an 'oversight' :thumbsup: . They were supposed to have cut it out...