What do you prefer, console or pc for KotOR?

53 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer, console or pc for KotOR?

• Xbox
    • PC

Now, you can't say that you can't get mods for the xbox version. I have action replay, and now I can play the HK-47 mission. Also, there is a cool one that makes you level 100 too. Anyway, that PC "advantage" aside, which do you like better? (Basically a battle of the controls) After getting used to the Xbox, and playing the Pc, it is totally for sure (to me at least) that the xbox xontrols are a bit better, and the screen interface. But, since obsidan put no downloadable content so that they could give xbox patches, PC gets less bugs. Which do prefer? (Try to only post if you have played both versions.) :blink:

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

Console controllers are crap, that goes for xbox controllers too, and crap is a polite way to put it.

I know there's gonna be some unexpected reply like: console controllers aren't crap !!, but that statement would be in error for they are crap.

Its better than using a mouse and keyboard, and would you rather sit at a desk on a small screen for kotor, or use a 30 inch flatscreen for Kotor and a Controller S for xbox, not the crap ones that are 10 inches long. You have obviously never tried it, cause the PC keyboard and mouse arent very comfortable either.

Remember, only post if you have played both, or else your a fanboy of one or the other....this is a comparison, not a "Oh, I have the PC version, so I will vote for that." You guys better have GOOD reasons...

Console controllers are crap, that goes for xbox controllers too, and crap is a polite way to put it.

I know there's gonna be some unexpected reply like: console controllers aren't crap !!, but that statement would be in error for they are crap.

LOL, well it must be t rue as spooky said it! ROFL!

Truth is, for games like KotOR, Xbox kicks the hell outta pc in everything but graphics.

PC graphics are definately crisper.

Controller wise, xbox has keyboard/mouse beat hands down.

But even if you ignore all that, I have a 17" Computer screen vrs a 54' Television screen. You do the math of which is better :shifty:

I prefer the mouse and keyboard. it just feels more comfortable to me. and oh uh I guess none of you know for some reason but some video cards can hook up to tvs and stuff. like if I wanted to I could hook my pc up to my 50" in the living room. anyways I also prefer the better graphics and performance on my pc because my pc is good enough to run kotor. oh and kalfear you just said you have a 54 foot tv....

Its better than using a mouse and keyboard, and would you rather sit at a desk on a small screen for kotor, or use a 30 inch flatscreen for Kotor and a Controller S for xbox, not the crap ones that are 10 inches long.  You have obviously never tried it, cause the PC keyboard and mouse arent very comfortable either.

Controllers are very limited.

Keyboard and mouse allow for far superior motion, and comfort... Since you can put the keys anyway you wish. The mouse offers more precise targetting.

Also, it's very odd for someone to have a Graphic Card without TV-OUT these days. Xbox games run at 640x resolution I believe, which is very poor quality if it were displayed on a monitor. However, most TVs support 1024x resolutions these days, a PC with TV-OUT could run the game at that resolution, resulting in much better display. So there goes your "Small screen" argument. Also, those "Small Screens" allow much more detail to the graphics. TVs are a blurred mess and run games at 640x resolution with little or no AA/AF filtering wich is garbage

Analysis:Crap:four letter word,Definition:Digested food,waist,main components of spooky's brain.

Obviously your head is crap if you think controllers are crap. :cool:

but yeah,I much prefer the controller because of the way that eventually it fits my hands and feels more natural.

Gotta say I'm biased, and maybe I hate controlers for FPS kinda games, and maybe I haven't used them in some time.

Ok, I take it back, no need for flame wars over this.

You know, it'd be so simple if they'd just allow a mouse and keyboard on an xbox, then sure I'd buy one, but what would it matter, no console games are designed to handle a mouse and keyboard, and I guess they work better with controlers, I wouldn't, for example want to play a sport game or a racing game with a keyboard and mouse.

Truth is, RTS and FPS are games that I wouldn't play with a controler, I played Halo2 the other day, and it sucked BIG TIME !!

Gotta say I'm biased, and maybe I hate controlers for FPS kinda games, and maybe I haven't used them in some time.

You know, it'd be so simple if they'd just allow a mouse and keyboard on an xbox, then sure I'd buy one, but what would it matter, no console games are designed to handle a mouse and keyboard, and I guess they work better with controlers, I wouldn't, for example want to play a sport game or a racing game with a keyboard and mouse.

Truth is, RTS and FPS are games that I wouldn't play with a controler, I played Halo2 the other day, and it sucked BIG TIME !!

PS2 Has UBS ports for both keyboard and mouse (makes playing FFXI much easier).

But your right... Only a few games use it :(

Now yas getting the picture :( heheh

Aye some games are made for council and some are made for computers.

For example, The civ line of games or rollercoaster tycoon games, those are DEFINATELY computer games requireing keyboard and mouse.

Really same goes for MMORPGs.

BUT, and Ill admit when I first got XBox it was strictly for my sports games (as computers suck for those and xbox gets all the great titles) but got KotOR1 as a gift. IT WAS AWSOME!!!

I honestly groaned when I got it figureing it would be a hassle with the controls but truth is, it was a ton easier to use then mouse keyboard for the RPG offline genre.

Oh, for other poster about hooking computer up to tv.

Yes you can do that but if your TV is not specifically designed for it your increasing your chances of burning it out and it WONT be covered by warrenty. If you purchase a tv designed for it, your looking at a addition 10 grand U.S. just for the availablity option.

Not sure about you, but I dont have 10k laying around for the upgrade :)

Yes you can do that but if your TV is not specifically designed for it your increasing your chances of burning it out and it WONT be covered by warrenty. If you purchase a tv designed for it, your looking at a addition 10 grand U.S. just for the availablity option.

Not sure about you, but I dont have 10k laying around for the upgrade

Not sure were you got this information from... But it's wrong... If you TV supports S-Video, or DVI Input.. There is no way it will "Burn Out." The worse thing that could happen is graphic curruptions... but that is due to the frequency of the card, or setting it at the wrong resolution.

10,000$?

Pentium4 @ 3.20Ghz

GeForce 6800 GT

1.00GB of DDR

100GB Harddrive

Under 3,000$

I know it's a lot, but considering this is also my home theater, stereo, recording studio, photo editing lab and game machine.. I think it's a reasonable price :(

I've played both and I definitely prefer the PC version. I -hate- console controllers for these sorts of games with a passion. I understand that not everyone feels that way, but I hate them simply because I am totally and utterly useless with them - I can't do anythign fast enough and I just end up all frustrated :)

To me a computer mouse seems far more efficient and sensible for games where you have to move a cursor around (espcially if moving it faster is beneficial). I onced enjoyed the odd game of NBA Streets or Zelda on a console, but these sorts of games? Give me a PC any day :)

- Dan

I've played games almost exculsively on PC since the early N64 days, so controls without a mouse seem strange now. From a pure control perspective I think any game where you have to look around or interact with something, the keyboard mouse setup is inherently superior.

Of course some games work a lot better with control pads, like fighting and shooting games.

I've played games almost exculsively on PC since the early N64 days, so controls without a mouse seem strange now. From a pure control perspective I think any game where you have to look around or interact with something, the keyboard mouse setup is inherently superior.

Of course some games work a lot better with control pads, like fighting and shooting games.

I admit that fighting games if you meen like tekken and stuff is much better on a console as you have to do some serious button smashing but for shooting I find the mouse easier as I can turn much faster with that than I can on a controller. like halo I turn much faster on pc than on xbox. I also find the mouse to be more accurate. but it really is whatever suits you. oh and you can always get a controller for pc as well so think about that.

pc is better in all ways for kotor. better graphics, more customisable control and updates and mods.

Also if you really want you could always plug in a controller and hook your PC up to a big screen. (althought the screen size should be irrelevant since its all about the distance you are sitting from the screen)

I'm scrictly console guy and I haven't done any serious upgrades to my computer in a LONG time and can't play any newer games like KOTOR on it, unfortonatley a Voodoo3 just dosen't make the cut these days lol, but I would imagine that the PC would be better. Although I do prefer an xbox controller to a mouse and keyboard or any computer controller for that matter. Now a computer with a saudered (sp?) xbox controller...

nah keyboard and mouse any day i think if you had a 1st person game and the ability to have a console and a computer on the same network the average pc gamer would frag the average console gamer any day.

for a start there is the weapons change (not as bad at all in KotOR though) flicking through all your weapons if someone is charging to close for the rocket / grenade launcher would get you fragged.

number keys rule.

PC All the way

Whenever given a choice, I will always choose PC over console.

I prefer keyboard/mouse over controller just about any day (though KOTOR and KOTOR2 on the PC aren't really that modified to work well with the PC, via keyboard controls...look like pretty much a straight port over).

I guess the only games I would prefer on console over PC are what I would consider less serious games. An example I would use is is racing games. I have quite a few for console (three NFS games, a rally game, and of course the console-only Gran Turismos). But my "serious" racing game is on PC. F1 Challenge. Better control (even with wheels), better realism, better performance (when graphics are included), and simply more realistic.

Same goes with RPGs/Action RPGs/Action games. The more RPG the game is, the more I would like it on PC. The less RPG it is, the less I care. But I have more RPG games than Action games, as well. And as KOTOR 2 is an RPG, that means PC for me.

It seems to come down to a level of seriousness, for some reason or another. I tend to view console games as less serious. Maybe the next generation of consoles will change that, but I'll end up with only one of them, not one of each, so perhaps I'll limit my choices of games. But I'll always have a PC or two that's up to date.