Thundercats

Baley

Movie? what movie?:thumbsup:

I guess i liked Panthro the best, but i cant remember really as it was soooo long ago.

I wouldnt mind a remake so long as it isnt chnaged form the original. But until then i will just have to get the thuindercats DVD finally! its coming out later this year.

Supposedly someone has an option to make a live action film - but i dunno for sure

Hmm...thundercats...I remember the theme tune, and remember thinking that the theme tunes and basic plots of Thundercats, Defenders of the Earth, and Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles were extremely similar.

Other than that, it's all a blur.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well yes of course - good guys doing their chores or having fun whil bad guys are hatching a plot, then they fight a bit the good guys win and then for no apparent reason they end the episode with the good guys laughing. In addition there is usually a subplot wher one of the younger goodies learns something about life.

Winning formula!! :sorcerer:

It was awesome when I was young, but I just downloaded the pilot so I'll watch that and get back on what I think now. The theme song is the ringtone for my girlfriend. While the TF theme is my standard ring.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wasn't the movie a series of shows that aired about three thundercats who survived the destruction of the Thundercat homeworld?

I even remember two of their names, Bengali the white tiger and Lynx the blind well, lynx. Can't remember the female name though. They get captured and the other thundercats go out to rescue them. All the major villians make an appearance.

Those were pretty great episodes.

After watching Exodus, which I think is the first 4 eps combined into a single movie, I can say that it was kinda cool, but some things ruined it for me.

1) Too preachy. It tries too hard to be educational.

2) RoBear Berbils.

Other than that, its pretty cool. If they did an updated version like the Masters of the Universe cartoon and took it more seriously, it would freaking rock. Though Mumm-Ra has nothing on Skeletor.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yup He-Man was nice...tho the end was way too educational and stuff...Yeah I want to learn from cartoons :blink:"

Mumm-Ra and skeletor never win :) ...even Megatron won on ocassion

Which makes Megatron the best :thumbsup:  :)

God I hate Flood Control....

Anyway, yeah, thank goodness for Beast Wars introducing the concept of the villain winning every once in a while. Too bad he surrounded himself with incompetents. Only Rampage, Tarantulas, and Black Arachnia weren't complete morons, and two of those were treacherous.

Devastatorsig.jpg

LION-O!! he was so cool!

I used to watch He-man, Thundercats and Bravestar when I was a kid .. all in English .. and the 5 min. moral lesson at the end was hilarious ..

I still have alot of the episodes on tape today .. and I still laugh my ass of when one of the badguys in Bravestar orders a "double soda .. no ice!" :D

And while the both Thundercats and He-man was about fundamental morals .. Bravestar was also about how weapons were necessary, but children should learn to respect them! it's both tragic, absurd and extremely funny at the same time ..

but sometimes I miss the moral in modern cartoons .. in a way I think they may be to complex for children to fully understand! it seems cartoons these days are tailored for an older generation or maybe kids are much smarter than I think?

Fortune favors the bald.

LION-O!! he was so cool!

I used to watch He-man, Thundercats and Bravestar when I was a kid .. all in English .. and the 5 min. moral lesson at the end was hilarious ..

I still have alot of the episodes on tape today .. and I still laugh my ass of when one of the badguys in Bravestar orders a "double soda .. no ice!"  :D

And while the both Thundercats and He-man was about fundamental morals .. Bravestar was also about how weapons were necessary, but children should learn to respect them! it's both tragic, absurd and extremely funny at the same time ..

but sometimes I miss the moral in modern cartoons .. in a way I think they may be to complex for children to fully understand! it seems cartoons these days are tailored for an older generation or maybe kids are much smarter than I think?

Kids are smarter than you think. I actually think cartoons nowadays aren't as intelligent as older cartoons. Well, sometimes at least. The dubbed ones aren't at least.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Kids are smarter than you think. I actually think cartoons nowadays aren't as intelligent as older cartoons. Well, sometimes at least. The dubbed ones aren't at least.

Well I don't have much contact with the younger generation .. so I don't really know how they think .. but maybe they are, it would seem logical, since the education system is better than it was 15 years ago when I started ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Not all card games are bad remember MTG >_<

Magic rocked. Still does but I don't have anyone nearby to play with. But they never made a show out of it. If they did, it would have sucked.

Devastatorsig.jpg

you can play magic over the internet now!

and for all you Thundercats lovers who have forgotten the themesong and intro .. here's a link where you can see it again (plus alot of other old shows)

http://www.retrojunk.com/media/32/

ha .. just saw Captain Planet again .. I had totally forgotten that show! damn the morals were thick back then! lol

Fortune favors the bald.

Its probably the nostalgia in me talking but they don't make cartoons like they used to.

I grew up watching Thundercats, Voltron, GI JOE, Transformers, Silverhawk and then later Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Disney cartoons. They were all packed with action and adventure.

When I moved back to the US couple of months back, I was curious as to what was showing on Saturday mornings. Most of them were Japanese based card/collectible cartoons. Then there were the new cartoons like Luca Mucha(?) about kid wrestlers, and Shaolin Showdown, about kid Shaolin monks...who looked nothing like monks. They all managed to be loud and annoying beyond belief.

There was this cool new Batman cartoon that seemed to be about Batman's early career and that was cool. The new TMNT cartonn was watchable but strayed too far from its roots in my opinion.

There seemed to be a lot of japanese manga based cartoons as well. The one I saw was 'One Piece' which is actually a pretty fun manga, but the english voice overs made all the characters seem incredibly stupid.

Its probably the nostalgia in me talking but they don't make cartoons like they used to.

I grew up watching Thundercats, Voltron, GI JOE, Transformers, Silverhawk and then later Batman, X-men, Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Disney cartoons. They were all packed with action and adventure.

When I moved back to the US couple of months back, I was curious as to what was showing on Saturday mornings. Most of them were Japanese based card/collectible cartoons. Then there were the new cartoons like Luca Mucha(?) about kid wrestlers, and Shaolin Showdown, about kid Shaolin monks...who looked nothing like monks. They all managed to be loud and annoying beyond belief.

There was this cool new Batman cartoon that seemed to be about Batman's early career and that was cool. The new TMNT cartonn was watchable but strayed too far from its roots in my opinion.

There seemed to be a lot of japanese manga based cartoons as well. The one I saw was 'One Piece' which is actually a pretty fun manga, but the english voice overs made all the characters seem incredibly stupid.

Strayed too much from its roots? It stayed closer to its roots than the old show did. I agree with you about cartoons nowadays though. Sometimes they get one right, like with Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Justice League, and even some of the sillier ones like the Fairly Odd Parents, but they're relying waaaaaay too much on dubbed japanese cartoons. Some are ok, but lately they don't seem to be airing anything good.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Strayed too much from its roots? It stayed closer to its roots than the old show did. I agree with you about cartoons nowadays though. Sometimes they get one right, like with Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Justice League, and even some of the sillier ones like the Fairly Odd Parents, but they're relying waaaaaay too much on dubbed japanese cartoons. Some are ok, but lately they don't seem to be airing anything good.

I just saw a few episodes of the new TMNT, so I could be wrong. The ones I saw had the turtles and Splinter fighting a robotic Shredder with that brain creature in his torso. Krang was his name from the old cartoons. What's up with that? They were battling on a spaceship in an effort to save the galaxy from Shredder/Brain. Whether the brain took over shredder's body or the brain was Shredder, I'm not too sure.

I think this is pretty far from TMNT's roots. Though I admit the later episodes of the older cartoons grew sillier by the airing. Shredder turned into a whining incompetent comedic relief character, not the evil deadly ninja master he's supposed to be.