Game Crash at Dantooine

Hello there,

I just have searched in the Forum for topics, that deal with my problem, but I have not foung anything, so I hope this is nothing unique...

My problem is that my game crashes after I wanted to leave the Hawk on Dantooine. After I have chosen my memebers there comes not the Loading Screen, just a black screen with the mouse. I was on Dantooine before and I found Vrook and helped the colonist against their enemies. And now when I have found all the other masters i can't go to their meeting because of this bug! Really strange is that I can enter Dantooine on former saves without any problems (I visited Dantooine as the first planet on my list). So this can't be a problem with my hardware (Radeon 9600pro). I fear this bug has corrupted my savegames and so all my progress.

I hope you can solve this problem

Hello there,

I just have searched in the Forum for topics, that deal with my problem, but I have not foung anything, so I hope this is nothing unique...

My problem is that my game crashes after I wanted to leave the Hawk on Dantooine. After I have chosen my memebers there comes not the Loading Screen, just a black screen with the mouse. I was on Dantooine before and I found Vrook and helped the colonist against their enemies. And now when I have found all the other masters i can't go to their meeting because of this bug! Really strange is that I can enter Dantooine on former saves without any problems (I visited Dantooine as the first planet on my list). So this can't be a problem with my hardware (Radeon 9600pro). I fear this bug has corrupted my savegames and so all my progress.

I hope you can solve this problem

This is a MAJOR issue the devs seem to be just "ignoring" for the time being.

The only thing I can suggest is something I don't want to suggest and that is right before you leave the Ebon Hawk, select your party members BUT DO NOT HIT THE OK BUTTON.

Then, ALT-TAB out of the game, go into Windows Explorer, go to your KOTOR2 installation and delete files in the currentgame and gameinprogress subfolders that have to do with Dantooine (DAN03, DAN05, etc, etc).

Then, with the game still running, ALT-TAB back in hit OK and you should load the game fine.

This is a terrible solution because it may not even work and second, it actually resets some of your quests you may have already done -- Meaning, you may encounter clones (previous entities) of people you've helped, spoken to, etc. as if you are encoutering them for the first time.

Unfortunately I had the same problem my first 2 time through... groan. Anyway the only way I have gotten past that part without tweaks like the previous poster, was to not have dantooine be the first stop I made when I could select planets. I tend to go to Onderon or Nar Shadaa firstm then you can do dantooine with no problem. Yes it is lame to not be able to get the named crystal on the first planet but until they fix it you are out of luck.