The next patch...

You do realize that QA testing IS beta testing right?

Not where I work. Two completely different things testing for two completely different reasons.

Oh, did you believe that you were QA testing Windows XP Professional x64 Edition when you downloaded the beta and the successive RC1 and RC2 editions? ;)

Beta testing is part of the QA process. Beta testing = QA. Both achieve the same thing for the same reasons. Unless where you work has a different definition that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Beta testing is part of the QA process. Beta testing = QA. Both achieve the same thing for the same reasons. Unless where you work has a different definition that the rest of the world doesn't know about.

Beta testing != QA (Quality Assurance)

Beta testing = (a very small) subset of QA

And you will find that this definition is standard in every reputable software development firm. At least in our firm we are our own publisher so we don't have to play second fiddle to anyone else. And, no, customers are not supposed to be beta testers (LA/OE, are you listening to that part?).

For people who still think that Obsidian was rushed to complete the game before Christmas. http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/575/575166p3.html

It is true in a way that they were forced to complete KotOR II before Christmas because the article seems to imply that they were contractually obligated to finish it by November so shouldn't Obsidian take some of the blame for agreeing to such an unrealistic deadline?

As for the lateness of the high quality audio & video patch, it's probably because KotOR II is no longer a priority, high medium low for LA. Everyone should just go on the LA boards and spam them to high hell over and over and over with multiple threads demanding that they release that patch.

For people who still think that Obsidian was rushed to complete the game before Christmas. http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/575/575166p3.html

It is true in a way that they were forced to complete KotOR II before Christmas because the article seems to imply that they were contractually obligated to finish it by November so shouldn't Obsidian take some of the blame for agreeing to such an unrealistic deadline?

As for the lateness of the high quality audio & video patch, it's probably because KotOR II is no longer a priority, high medium low for LA.  Everyone should just go on the LA boards and spam them to high hell over and over and over with multiple threads demanding that they release that patch.

Well it looked like it was a choice between no job, or unrealistic deadline. Not much of a choice.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

How difficult can it be to release movies in higher resolution? They just have to watch them to know if they're right ornot. It's not like they have to play through the game 200 times to make sure.

They're probably trying to think of a way to charge us for it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

How difficult can it be to release movies in higher resolution? They just have to watch them to know if they're right ornot. It's not like they have to play through the game 200 times to make sure.

Hey, yeah, I know: Director's Cut KotOR:TSL! :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Curious about how Henchmen work? bla blah..."

Hell, no, we are curious about the release date of the KotOR2 patch! <_<

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

Yup....And it will be called an "Expansion Pack" :p" D*mn con artists!

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

The "high resolution" movies could be cut-scenes handled by the game engine. Anyway, it should not be so difficult to test them and see if they work correctly.

Beyond the high-res movies patch, doesn't the current one being x.xx*B* imply that we should, at least, get another one that actually fixes stuff?

As far as I know the B does not signify that it is a beta or anything like that. It's simply the successor of the A version of the patch which only fixed some minor manual issues in the "UK" (European English) version.

The "high resolution" movies could be cut-scenes handled by the game engine. Anyway, it should not be so difficult to test them and see if they work correctly.

There could very well be non-technical issues too. Let's just hope that the music/cutscene patch doesn't get stuck at LA.

Well, I have not been watching the Great Patch Waiting Festival since May, 8th and what do I see? No patch yet! :thumbsup: No comments, guyz, who would test movies and music in a month? Pathetic... :|

Here's a little bit of info from the May issue of Wired magazine.

Lucasarts is moving shop to a public park by the Golden Gate Bridge, along with Industrial Light and Magic and the Lucasfilm marketing,online, and licensing units. The new facility is called the Letterman Digital Arts Center, and the move is expected to finish sometime in July.

Sounds like they're a bit busy! Might be the reason why they're taking so long, but that's just a guess.

They are not forbidden to say this on their sites. I would have been a bit more patient if I knew the reasons of such delaying...

You never know whatever they are doing besides the movies and music....they might be completing the game like they should have done from the beginning.

Considering that it's not Obsidian who are delaying the patch but LucasArts, nothing points in that direction.

And I don't think it's very probable that any huge changes to the game will be made at this point.

well, companies don't care about us, all they want is the cash and then they are off....well Lucasarts had better grow out of it because they are starting to look more and more like Microsoft.

Eventually, they are probably gonna make us activate games everytime we install it and then we will have toi phone them up if we change a single piece of hardware....if they any companies do that for games, i am totally going give up on games and trust me, that will take them quite a profit down fall.

Since they *violate* the laws by protecting their games so roughly, i HAVE to buy several copies from the store, while one is the one i play, the others are backups.

I never understand why CD Writers and CD Writing software is legally sold and it is frowned upon. really dumb. GET OVER IT AND GET RID OF THE PROTECTIONS!!