The next patch...

Unfortunately, it seems that "a few days" means "a few months" for LucasArts...

Maybe they were using lunar days, or Mecurian siderial movements?

Well hypothetically since there are no new star wars game coming out for awhile (I think) the Lucasarts QA should be freed up to patch their older games.

... unless they have sacked them all.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I feel dense but...when they say 'high definition movies', what is that suggesting in terms of an update? I mean...are the cut scenes going to be exactly the same only clearer? Or are they going to be replaced by movies more similar to the Visas intro - where it's actually animated and not just the in-game characters going through the motions?

posted by Li-Lin

I feel dense but...when they say 'high definition movies', what is that suggesting in terms of an update? I mean...are the cut scenes going to be exactly the same only clearer? Or are they going to be replaced by movies more similar to the Visas intro - where it's actually animated and not just the in-game characters going through the motions?

I hope they replace the movies like "Sions arrival at Peragus" and "The betrayal on Kreia" with ingame cutscenes. They look better than any hi-res movie and are not as big (mb size) as the .bik-files.

Its not just Lucas Arts its also Obsidian.  They are both to blame, remember that.

Nope, Obsidian finished the patch since a few week, read the developper message. It's up to LA, who took nearly one week to put online a single web page with links to internationnal versions of the 1.0b patch, to release the patch.

By the way, I find quite strange that LA were so eager to release the game for christmas and is now taking ages to release finished patches...

Its not just Lucas Arts its also Obsidian.  They are both to blame, remember that.

Nope, Obsidian finished the patch since a few week, read the developper message. It's up to LA, who took nearly one week to put online a single web page with links to internationnal versions of the 1.0b patch, to release the patch.

By the way, I find quite strange that LA were so eager to release the game for christmas and is now taking ages to release finished patches...

That must be sarcasm. There is one important event that has happenned between the release before Christmas and now: the transfer of money from your account to LAs.

Yep, the could always release a beta patch. (Heck, they have thousands of beta testers waiting to file their reports online ...) :rolleyes:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Obsidian could post an unofficial version of the patch til LA gets their head out of their collective asses.

hint hint nudge nudge :ph34r:

They would probably have to get special permission from LucasArts to do that. So it might happen, sometime in December.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Obsidian could post an unofficial version of the patch til LA gets their head out of their collective asses.

hint hint nudge nudge :ph34r:

They would probably have to get special permission from LucasArts to do that. So it might happen, sometime in December.

They could always leave it on a honeypot server with a small ad on a warez site ... :)"

(Or, failing that, on Gabe Newel's pc ... :) )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Obsidian will want to release in February with a thousand odd fixes and additions, but they'll be pressured by LA to release some buggy half-corrupted movies and tinny sounds in December, because the QA people are taking their year-long holidays early. :p

I'm assuming from now on that all LucasArts games are betaware upon release. Republic Commando is decent, but REALLY short. Galaxies has been poor since its release, KOTOR 2 is a ridiculous mess, KOTOR 1 was buggy but better..... It just goes on and on..

I haven't played KOTOR 2 since March when I stopped because of the state of the game in both buggyness and audio quality. I've been waiting patiently for these patches that have been at least unofficially promised. Well, how many extra developmental months do they need?

Maybe the plan was to release it officially while leaving it unofficially in a development state. With our money they could continue development. :-

I must say I'm also becoming to be quite impatient and wondering how many people are actually working at LucasArts. It should not take so long to see that replacing a bunch of low res files by a bunch of high res files does not change at all the game nor introduce new bugs.

Guest MacleodCorp

I am going to say this, but it makes some scense:

1. The Patch is not a priority, for Episode III the game and movie are the money makers.

2. Chances that the patch will be released in the next week to three are very slim.

3. Chances are there are plans for KOTOR III, and their thoughts are not on the KOTOR II... KOTOR II is now old news..

I am going to say this, but it makes some scense:

1. The Patch is not a priority, for Episode III the game and movie are the money makers.

2. Chances that the patch will be released in the next week to three are very slim.

3. Chances are there are plans for KOTOR III, and their thoughts are not on the KOTOR II... KOTOR II is now old news..

This may be true, but this shoddy treatment is going to cost them customers for KOTOR III. I'm not going to buy KOTOR III unless, I hear that it is essentially bug free, because of the horrible technical support on this game.

I'm not buying a chevy unless it's made by ford!

Seriously though, this "support" is attrocious at best, and as much as I'm trying not let it spill over against Obsidian, it's getting a lot harder to

Obsidian is partly responsible that my enthusiasm for them has lessened a lot because even if they can do nothing about the patch release they still should be able to read the forums and and at least try to communicate with the customers. But they choose to stick their heads into their collective a**es which makes a horrid impression.

As much as one might loathe companies like Silver Style for releasing buggy games like The Fall at least they patch their stuff and they are always in close contact with their fanbase.

I think Obsidian is loosing major sympathy points and perhaps it would have been better if they skipped KoTOR 2 completely instead of getting a mess like this.

"LA is beyond repair at this point. "

I can't disagree with out especially after playing Episode 3 for xbox. Its not a bad game and I am getting some enjoyment out of it, however its not a great game. I dont think it was developed to be a great game. Well not what I would call great anyways. My new rule if from LA it gets rented before purchase (if xbox game).

I think i will never bougth another game from obsidian NVW 2 Will be a **** i think because KOTOR 1 is a great game but Kotor 2 Is A **** and => NVW 1 great, NVW 2 (lost my time and money)

KotOR 2 is also a great game. And just because you had problems with their first game doesn't mean you will with their 2nd. They've learned from Lucasarts mistakes and have their own internal QA department now.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg