restoraation project

aurora i was just curious but is there any possibible way your fixing files could b transford 2 the xbox? cause if not ill probably get da pc version 2 do these cool sidequests and junk u made. also were u thinking of finishing up the batu rem sidequest?

The Batu Rem quest will be altered but we don't really have a way to "complete" it. We are making this mod for the PC, however, we're also looking into what we'll need to change in order to release it for the X-Box. We're fairly certain we'll be able to do an X-Box release, but it may come after the PC release.

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

The Batu Rem quest will be altered but we don't really have a way to "complete" it. We are making this mod for the PC, however, we're also looking into what we'll need to change in order to release it for the X-Box. We're fairly certain we'll be able to do an X-Box release, but it may come after the PC release.

What would be required for the xbox Aurora?

Just Xbox live or would we have to mess around with the XBox stuff as well?

Just curious is all :p

what do u mean when u say modded xbox's needed?

You have to modify your Xbox hardware. Add a chip to it. "Chip" it. (I convey no warranty that this is a legal thing to do in any countries, but I have reason to believe it is quite a common practice. Just ask the guy you bought the XBox from. Or any school friends.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

what do u mean when u say modded xbox's needed?

You have to modify your Xbox hardware. Add a chip to it. "Chip" it. (I convey no warranty that this is a legal thing to do in any countries, but I have reason to believe it is quite a common practice. Just ask the guy you bought the XBox from. Or any school friends.)

that seems so complicated though

I may be wrong but I've heard it is illegal in certain countries to have a modded XBox.

Ahahaha, talk to Microsoft and get them to release it on Live.

XBox Live literally cannot be made to work with this game; there is no code to handle XBox live updates afaik.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

X-Box Live will not work with this, afaik. Modded X-Boxes will be required, or else people will have to buy the PC version.

Query:What is a modded xbox,Master?(this time I mean it in a "hail to the king"way,not a thing to say just tom make it sound HK-ish.)

Statement:I was thinking of buying the PC version due to the Labor of Team Aurora.

Aurora are you guys changing any code in the main executable? If you are just changing script files and the like, they probably are easily compatible either by copying the game to your hdd, and adding the extra files there or, copying the game to your computer, adding the files and burning to a black dvd...

but if you are modifing exe code, someone would probably have to make an etm trainer for it or something.

The bottom line is that if you don't know what console modding constitutes and don't consider the benefits of being able to play around with a modded machine to be worthwhile for hobbyist purposes (some just feel the urge to hack for hacking's sake), you probably don't want to bother considering modding your Xbox or having it modded, especially not for the sake of possibly being able to impliment a fan-mod for one game. Just get the PC version. It'll cost you no more than modding your Xbox, and it doesn't invalidate your warranty.

Aurora are you guys changing any code in the main executable? If you are just changing script files and the like, they probably are easily compatible either by copying the game to your hdd, and adding the extra files there or, copying the game to your computer, adding the files and burning to a black dvd...

but if you are modifing exe code, someone would probably have to make an etm trainer for it or something.

We can't modify the main executable because that would require access to the game's source code (which they're not going to give up :ermm: )

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Even if it was illegal to mod - you aint going to jail for it.

You get fined if you're caught with modded Xboxes :-

Yep, it's a misdemeanor, not a crime.

By who? and in what country?

Anyway like yst said it definitely isnt worth it for one game which may still be only average after the "restoration"

Chipping is only worth it if you don't want to pay for games - but that's illegal and shouldnt do that.

Are you suggesting that this might be a pointless and stupid laws ? :geek:"

I don't like the loss of warranty aspect, personally. :ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

By who? and in what country?

Anyway like yst said it definitely isnt worth it for one game which may still be only average after the "restoration"

Chipping is only worth it if you don't want to pay for games - but that's illegal and shouldnt do that.

You don't have to worry about it, it's only in the horribly tiny island of Singapore, if i'm not wrong.

As far as I understand it (although this is second hand knowledge, as I don't live in the glorious Land of the Free myself), all popular mod chips constitutes copyright circumvention devices (you might use them to do something bad - whether you actually do or not doesn't matter) under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 within the United States and so their installation constitutes a criminal act.

The important thing about the DMCA is that it makes implementation of a copyright circumvention device illegal (which mod chips are, even if you're using them for other things). As far as I can tell, this is not the case in the vast majority of the rest of the world.