Transformers Rule

Kaftan Barlast

OK to change the subject who's your favourite transformer :lol: ?

Mine's Starscream :lol:  :blink:

Starscream 4 evah but Devastator is a close 2nd. I would have used a Starscream avatar, but the one I normally use doesn't look very good when its as small as we're limited to.

post-296-1114223007_thumb.jpg

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Why SM :wub:

Can't we have a new Transformers movie...why not? :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

We are getting a new Transformers movie. Live Action. Produced by Don Murphy and Tom DeSanto, Executive Produced by Steven Spielberg. Michael Bay is the frontrunner for directing. So far there are 5 TF on each side, the Autobots having Optimus, Jazz, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Arcee. Fans are pissed that Arcee is taking up a spot that Ironhide or Prowl could have used. Decepticons get Soundwave, Starscream, and Megatron so far, the other 2 haven't been named, but I'm guessing Shockwave will be one of them because Skywarp and Thundercracker have been confirmed as not one of the 2.

http://www.d13satellite.com/donmurphy/foru...y.php?forumid=8

Official forum for TF Movie discussion.

So what are people's thoughts on this?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmmm ,no Ironhide,Prowl or Hot Rod  :)  Galvatron could appear later on...but as how this is a new continuity...Who knows? :wub:

When will it take place? :)

Well, since Galvatron is a revamped Megatron, of course theres no Galvatron, though apparently they're thinking Unicron for the 3rd film if it gets that far. If I were in charge I'd ditch Arcee for Ironhide, redesigned as a 4x4 instead of that sissy toyota van, and introduce Arcee, Ultra Magnus, and Hot Rod in the 2nd movie as a commando unit on Cybertron, part of the force Optimus left to continue the fight while he left in search of the Matrix. I'd also replace Ratchet with Wheeljack.

Its going to take place in modern times, mainly based on G1, altered slightly to make more sense. The Ark crashlanded more like 5-10 thousand years ago instead of 4 million, that way Cybertron will be more likely to be still in conflict. The search for energy will be replaced by the search for the Matrix, since they could just set up solar plants on Cybertron or its moons and boom, you have energy.

Human characters will have a larger part to play than I'd like I believe. Which is stupid because in every Transformers series the most hated characters are the humans. Though Beachcomber, Warpath, Cosmos, and Powerglide were pretty damn bad too.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So they're searching for the Matrix :wub: ...what happend to it :)

Also if they use Rodimus...The Energon design looks  better :D

So what is Arcee's transformation :) ?

I don't know what happened to the Matrix. I think it was lost long ago and when it was found, thats what caused Optimus and Megatron to come to Earth. I agree the Energon design looks MUCH better. Arcee so far is using her Energon design, so a Motorcycle. People on the Don Murphy boards are against this because of the no mass-shifting rule for the movie. If she were a motorcycle she'd probably be smaller than the average human in robot mode.

Hasbro told them they had to use one character design from one of the new shows (Energon or Armada) so they chose Energon Arcee. I think they should have gone with Energon Ironhide (4x4) or Armada Cyclonus(Helicopter) either would have had to have been tweaked to fit real-world vehicles, but since theres no Gestalts(combiners), triple changers, or insecticons in the film, and Skywarp and Thundercracker aren't the last two of the 5 decepticons, the only way to fill all 5 decepticon slots is to go with Shockwave and a decepticon from one of the other series, hence Cyclonus.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well Bumblebee keeps his G1 form...right?

AS for Energon Designs the only one I realy hated was Optimus,that has to be the Uglyest Optimus ever :ph34r: ...Starscream is a close second,tho.

Hope they at least use the Armada Starscream over Energon Starscream :wub:

Where does the "War within" comic books fit into things? Or are they just loose?

btw, megatron is my fav. obviously.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well Bumblebee keeps his G1 form...right?

AS for Energon Designs the only one I realy hated was Optimus,that has to be the Uglyest Optimus ever :ph34r: ...Starscream is a close second,tho.

Hope they at least use  the Armada Starscream over Energon Starscream :thumbsup:

Everyone is using their G1 designs, though updated to modern cars, or if they can't get the rights to the cars, they'll figure something out. Oh and Megatron is a tank because A) No size shifting, B) Because no size shifting, a 20 foot tall handgun would look dumb, C) Being a handgun to begin with was dumb. Megatron is too badass to require someone else to wield him to be effective.

And War Within is either a prequel to the original G1 cartoon/comics or a prequel to the Dreamwave G1 comic.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmmm ,no Ironhide,Prowl or Hot Rod  :(  Galvatron could appear later on...but as how this is a new continuity...Who knows? :wub:

When will it take place? :wub:

So awesome, my two favorite characters MIA. I like it already.

Well, since Galvatron is a revamped Megatron, of course theres no Galvatron, though apparently they're thinking Unicron for the 3rd film if it gets that far. If I were in charge I'd ditch Arcee for Ironhide, redesigned as a 4x4 instead of that sissy toyota van,

ARRGG. :thumbsup:

and introduce Arcee, Ultra Magnus, and Hot Rod in the 2nd movie as a commando unit on Cybertron, part of the force Optimus left to continue the fight while he left in search of the Matrix. I'd also replace Ratchet with Wheeljack.

I like these ideas.

Its going to take place in modern times, mainly based on G1, altered slightly to make more sense. The Ark crashlanded more like 5-10 thousand years ago instead of 4 million, that way Cybertron will be more likely to be still in conflict. The search for energy will be replaced by the search for the Matrix, since they could just set up solar plants on Cybertron or its moons and boom, you have energy.

I've always enjoyed the concept of their civil war lasting a few million years personally, but I guess I just like it because I find it stupefying.

I'd say opposing solar power plants would be amonst the first things either side sought to destroy as the order of business. :D

Human characters will have a larger part to play than I'd like I believe. Which is stupid because in every Transformers series the most hated characters are the humans. Though Beachcomber, Warpath, Cosmos, and Powerglide were pretty damn bad too.

Spot on.

So I guess Starscream  has the G1 design,then :(  :)

Why not Grimlock or Scorponok :( ...that makes me sad :(

So it's gonna look like BW or Energon :( ?

No Grimlock because theres no Dinobots, no Scorponok because theres no city sized transformers. I'm guessing the style will be like Alternators. Robot modes look as close to the old G1 designs as possible, while their alt-modes are modern cars.

My favorite design for Starscream is the War Within design. Then again my favorite design for every transformer is the War Within design.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No Grimlock because theres no Dinobots, no Scorponok because theres no city sized transformers. I'm guessing the style will be like Alternators.

Ya I know :( ...then again in 3 movies they could create the dinobots :(

So if no Scorponok then no Fortress Maximus either :(

No Grimlock because theres no Dinobots, no Scorponok because theres no city sized transformers. I'm guessing the style will be like Alternators.

Ya I know :thumbsup: ...then again in 3 movies they could create the dinobots :lol:

So if no Scorponok then no Fortress Maximus either :ermm:

Never really understood what the hell Maximus was supposed to be in transformed mode. Was he a giant battletank or some kind of rolling artillery piece?

Ya I know :ermm: ...then again in 3 movies they could create the dinobots ;)

So if no Scorponok then no Fortress Maximus either :lol:

Never really understood what the hell Maximus was supposed to be in transformed mode. Was he a giant battletank or some kind of rolling artillery piece?

Well...he was suposed to be a city :thumbsup:

A Bio :)

Ya I know :p ...then again in 3 movies they could create the dinobots :)

So if no Scorponok then no Fortress Maximus either :p

Well...he was suposed to be a city :lol:

A Bio :)

He was the largest toy too, HUGE. I had scorponok but fort max was atleast a hand taller.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Kaftan You had the original FM I thought he was very rare :thumbsup:

No I had Scorponok, not FM. I was pretty spoiled to get Scopronok but to get FM you had to be one of those disgusting kids with rich parents. Like that kid that your friends cousin knew who had a real AT-AT(!)

But rarity, I remember that the toystores alwayshad plenty of the obscure and pointless characters in all the toylines, you could never get the really cool ones that mattered like Megatron, Shockwave, Cobra Commander, Storm Troopers(they were really, really rare) or the Emperor.

The only toys that delivered in that area was He-Man, there you could get all the cool ones, I had He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak and the Viperclan boss. I wanted Teela or Evil-Lynn but it was gay to have chicks so I never dared to ask mom for one :lol: