Seeking NPC Input

Rhomal

I am going to be having what I consider a very interesting 'contest' per se over at NWN 2 News. But to get the ball rolling I need some feedback.

I would like all those who read this to post their top 5 favorite major NPCs of the following classic D&D settings:

Greyhawk

Dragon Lance

Forgotton Realms

Ravenloft

After I get several posts to put a list or more or less agreed upon most liked NPCs for each setting I will explain more.

Thanks for your input!

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Can it be book characters (Dragonlance)? If so, then great, because that's pretty much all I know about people in Dragonlance...

(Not in order of how much I like them)

1. Drizzt Do'Urden

2. Artemis Entreri

3. Tasslehoff Burfoot :lol: (?)

4. Aribeth de'Tylmerande (sp?)

That's all I can think of that are actually available to be in a game... (except Tasslehoff, but who cares?).

Only 1,2, and 4 were actually serious for consideration.

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

From the Books/ PnP Settings ->

FR = Qilue Veladorn

DL = Raistlin Majere (Pre Chronicles & Legends)

GH = Cat Lord

RL = Lord Soth

From PC Games (excluding fan made NwN Mods) ->

FR = Evil Aribeth from NwN: HotU (Viconia is close second)

DL = NA (never played DL crpgs)

GH = NA (are there any crpgs set in Grayhawk)

RL = that wemic from stone prophet (can't remember his name)

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

Can it be book characters (Dragonlance)? If so, then great, because that's pretty much all I know about people in Dragonlance...

Sure.. any NPC from a book, module or sourcebook is fine. As long as they are at least a fairly major NPC in that game world. (ie no level 0 barkeep from some obsecure tavern)

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

From Dragonlance I was a pretty big fan of Steel Brightblade, I liked the idea of a good person who knowingly followed the path of evil because he figured people would be better off in the end.

As for FR, the NPCs I've encountered I haven't really liked. Except maybe Harkle Harpell(sp?) My old DM made up a character that was pretty darn cool. Named Jandor, forget the last name. Anyway, what happened was he rolled insane stats for him, 3 or 4 17s I think, and just came up with a back story that fit. He is now I believe a level 10 thief, level 6 mage, he's a member of the Greyclaws I believe, and pretty much hires himself out as a spy and whatnot. Collects magical items no matter how mundane because when he retires from being a rogue he wants to open a store that sells them.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Edwin sucked.

Edwina was kinda cool though.

Edwin was the funniest NPC in both BGs ;)

Edwin: Well, it would seem the leader of our little group has impregnated the impressionable circus child. And here I thought she was merely getting chubby without the ring master's whip to keep her in shape.

Edwina was nice too :p

The only Dnd exposure i have are from the Bioware/Black Isle games:

Imoen still favorite whether evil or good path since she never leaves the party unless dismissed

Minsc for pure entertainment value (though it can get old after 3 runs through a game)

Edwin (insane number of spells) and Viconia (her innate magic resistance) tied for pure usefulness

This is purely from a flavor standpoint:

Games:

Mazzy

Jaheira

Literature:

Raistlin

Tasselhoff Burrfoot

Fizban (at least I think that's the name of the human incarnation of Paladin)

all the above from Dragonlance

This is purely from a flavor standpoint:

Games:

Mazzy

Jaheira

Literature:

Raistlin

Tasselhoff Burrfoot

Fizban (at least I think that's the name of the human incarnation of Paladin)

all the above from Dragonlance

Thanks everyone.. you shall see the point of this soon :thumbsup:

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---