combat

as i mope about reformatting my harddrive and losing my kotor 1 and 2 saves, i think back to all the fond memories i have.....ahhh slashing damage. then i stop and think, hermm....its missing something......o yea, epicness. did anyone else ever feel this? great story, powerful characters, but no over the top epic jedi battles, like in episode one. dont care what ya say about the movie, maul fighting obi wan and qi gon was cool as hell. i say lets help obsidian brainstorm ideas for epic battles. huge massive onslaughts on planets where you are in the middle of the madness...(in full stereo sound might i add :thumbsup: ),big explosions,jedi cutting loose on their knowledge of the force....it'd be grand. it might be a base opinion, but i feel the last battle in kotor 2 was....missing...something. be glad to hear everyones opinion.

Yeah ive been thinking the same as well, i loved doing onderon, fighting through all those people like a true jedi :p

I think they should have more epic battles, and the moves should be better, like flurry shouldnt be hit hit hit, it should be a little mini movie, like, hit-block,spin,block,hit,block,hit.

this would make it look a lot cooler, would also take ages to kille sumthin, but hey, if it looks cool... :ph34r:

need some new robes as well, the jedi master and kngith robes were crap looking.

infact the only robes i liked the design of were the normal jedi robes and the mukati apprentice robes :thumbsup:

'I did it all for the wookies'

While epic combat would be some serious eye candy it just wouldn't fit with a turn based RPG, since the movements wouldn't be fluid, there would always be a pause between attacks and thus it would destory the feel. Now if your just looking for lots more enemies to fight then sure I can agree with that in some of these places they seemed kind of empty to me. For example

the sith temple on Dxun, one would think that there should have been more sith inside the temple protecting the ritual than there was

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Yeah I was thinking the same thing just a moment ago.

The Idea I came up with for the next kotor maybe is have the characters in combat move around back and forth with each other and not remain stationary when attacking, how often do you see the characters in episode 1-3 stay in one place and just begin slashing away with there lightsabers? They are always doing some dramatic backflip or cartwheel, which makes it so much better.

Also I think the one second delay thats was mention before by a poster is a dramatic obstacle as well, it really effects the combat from a cinematic point of view, who knonws if the next kotor is on xbox 2 it might not be a problem.

I think the developers of the next kotor should take some notes from star wars clone wars the animated series, that had the most entertaiing lightsaber battles I have seen.

Also Just a side note- They could also add like finishers when the opponents HP reaches 0 For example, the slicing off of the opponents lightsaber hand ala dooku vs ankin duel or the main character sticking his lightsaber into the nme`s leg than quickly into his chest, insted of the nme just falling down like the first two kotors

Just my 2 cents. :thumbsup: