Problems with the Updater

I'm playing the German version of the game and allthough Lucasarts is saying that only the english version of the new patch is out, my updater tries to update. It downloaded the complete patch and then nothing happens. There is a ziped patch file in the temp directory of my KOTOR 2 directory, but I don't know how I get this thing installed. When I run the updater again, it starts downloading the patch again.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks in advance >_<

I have the same problem with the UK version

There is something wrong with the patch installer

Try to unzip the Update folder manually in the temp directory and run again the autoupdate program

Thanks for your help, it doesn't work for me. I've unziped the file in my temp directory but nothing happened. When I start the autoupdater again, it again tries to connect with lucasarts and starts downloading the patch again. Maybe I should wait, until the German version of this patch can be downloaded manually.

Well at least you *can* use the updater, I've been unable to directly access any Lucasarts sites for over a month thanks to some crappy router on the way. Luckily I have the US version and was able to DL the manual patch from another site, if I had to rely on the updater I'd be rather pissed by now. :ph34r:

I think this problem only happens with the European versions of the game. Anyways, once the autoUpdate downloads the whole file, and it says "Download Finished", disconnect from the net, without exiting the autoUpdate program. Should start patching immediately.

I think this problem only happens with the European versions of the game. Anyways, once the autoUpdate downloads the whole file, and it says "Download Finished", disconnect from the net, without exiting the autoUpdate program. Should start patching immediately.

Actually, no it doesn't. My English updater keeps doing the same thing, even though it installed the updated files twice now.

Write down the exact address of the patch displayed in the autoupdater log.

Type in the add into your Browser window so you can download the patch direct to your harddrive. Put the .zip (do not unpack) into your kotor 2 main folder, close internet connection and run the updater again!

This should help with ANY version of the game ... :p