Desperate help - The Storyline

I've completed KoTOR2 over 2 months ago now, i thought it was excellent but imo the 1st was better. However, i only know 40% of the story and it is REALLY bugging me. I've replayed the game about 3 times and can't find out certain things, like what actually happened to Revan and why he isn't in KOTOR2 (Carth asks you to see what happened to his friend by going to Malachor V), how you ended up with Kreia in the first place, how i got the Ebon Hawk (game opens with you on it in med bay), etc, etc. This might be asking for too much and if it is against the forum rules i'm sorry.

Can someone please, to put my mind at rest, give me a link or tell me the full story of KoTOR2.

My e-mail incase this is against the forum rules, so you can e-mail me or add me to MSN and only tell me, not the whole community, is: rudeboi_phantom@hotmail.com

I went:

Male

Light Side

Thanks

Jason

A lot of things in KOTOR II are confusing. To understand what happened between the two games, it's a good idea to visit the official website and read the Chronicles section. It explains quite a lot and gives some good background information of the period as well.

Actually, the chronicles supposively make the storyline even more confusing. Check out this thread:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=33487

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

...what actually happened to Revan...

This actually depends on the way you answer Atton's question about Revan on the mining facility. If you chose Revan to be a Dark Jedi, then he/she (however you chose) is off in the Unknown Regions leading the True Sith, I think. If you chose Revan to be a light side Jedi, then he is in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy fighting the True Sith. The True Sith are an even eviler, more powerful Darkside Order.

how you ended up with Kreia in the first place, how i got the Ebon Hawk (game opens with you on it in med bay), etc, etc. This might be asking for too much and if it is against the forum rules i'm sorry.

To be honest, I myself am not 100% clear on those things either. We'll have to wait until someone who knows the answers posts.

My guess is that when Revan started recovering his memory and went to Malachor V, he took the Ebon Hawk with him. He then abandoned the Ebon Hawk and took one of the ships on Malachor to travel to the Unknown Regions to help against the True Sith.

Later, Kreia journeyed to Malachor in search of Revan but was corrupted by the Dark Side. After she was exiled by the other Sith Lords, she came up with a plan to get revenge using the Exile. During this time she would have discovered the Ebon Hawk and used it. Since T3-M4 had been ordered to search for other Jedi anyway, Kreia could use it to locate the Exile.

It doesn't seem completely correct, and I'm sure there are some holes there, but that's the theory I've pieced together using information from the game and the Chronicles.

Somehow Kreia and T3 had the Ebon Hawk. The Exile was on the Harbinger going to Telos. The Sith, Sion, attacked the Harbinger wanting to kill the Exile. Kreia was able to take the Exile, who was unconcious, while HK followed, aboard the Ebon Hawk. The Sith then attacked the Ebon Hawk and that's when you start repairing the ship with T3.

I've completed KoTOR2 over 2 months ago now, i thought it was excellent but imo the 1st was better. However, i only know 40% of the story and it is REALLY bugging me. I've replayed the game about 3 times and can't find out certain things, like what actually happened to Revan and why he isn't in KOTOR2 (Carth asks you to see what happened to his friend by going to Malachor V), how you ended up with Kreia in the first place, how i got the Ebon Hawk (game opens with you on it in med bay), etc, etc. This might be asking for too much and if it is against the forum rules i'm sorry.

Can someone please, to put my mind at rest, give me a link or tell me the full story of KoTOR2.

My e-mail incase this is against the forum rules, so you can e-mail me or add me to MSN and only tell me, not the whole community, is: rudeboi_phantom@hotmail.com

I went:

Male

Light Side

Thanks

Jason

Okies, you dont know what happened to Revan, that part is left as a cliff hanger for KotOR3.

Obsidian made no effort to clear that part up as they obviously had a 3rd sequel on the brain.

Revan is alone somewhere past the outter rim.

Since he sent T3 and the Ebon Hawk back, he has no means (that we aware of) of getting back to Republic space. Which is why its obvious a part 3 coming and the exile will have to go try and find Revan (and that will be the storyline, the locating, following the clues, and finally saving/rescueing of Revan by the Exile (or some new PC, which would be a huge mistake if done that way).

The full story of K2 is basically the return, retraining, and emergence of the Exile.

Like Luke was the focas point for the redemption/salvation of Anakin Skywalker, The Exile will be the main focas point for the rescue of Revan and the salvation of the Republic.

The story is about Revan, but the hero of the story is the Exile.

Obviously there is much more to it then that, but thats what playing the game is for :thumbsup:

PS: If your only getting 40% of the story in your play throws you need to change your play style. K2 is not a race mentality game, take your time, explore your options available, spend the time interacting with with your npc groupmates and npcs you encounter. Think of K2 as a novel, if you read every page it all falls togather, if you skip pages, it doesnt always make alot of sence.

In the end, K2 is the better of the two games storyline wise. Just need to slow down and read what Obsidian wrote and enjoy the game. Unlike KotOR1, Halo and other games, racing through the levels to reach the final confrontation will not reward you clarity of the game and story. You have to earn that yourself by stepping outta the linear mode of gaminging and back into the traditional RPG mode style of games :thumbsup:

I think T3 was on the Ebon Hawk the whole time, abandoned by Revan when he went to the Unknown Regions. It's not entirely clear who was actually in control of the Ebon Hawk though. If you have a high Intelligence attribute and get the message from Bastila/Carth, it reveals T3 was ordered to search for someone to help. However, Kreia also had reason to seek out the Exile as she was seeking the death of the Force.

I think T3 was on the Ebon Hawk the whole time, abandoned by Revan when he went to the Unknown Regions. It's not entirely clear who was actually in control of the Ebon Hawk though. If you have a high Intelligence attribute and get the message from Bastila/Carth, it reveals T3 was ordered to search for someone to help. However, Kreia also had reason to seek out the Exile as she was seeking the death of the Force.

When you explore T3 memory core you find out he wasnt abandoned but sent (with the Ebon hawk) back by Revan to find the Exile!

When you explore T3 memory core you find out he wasnt abandoned but sent (with the Ebon hawk) back by Revan to find the Exile!

Sent by Revan? I'm quite sure Revan abandoned him and it was Bastila/Carth that sent T3 to find the Exile.

Sent by Revan? I'm quite sure Revan abandoned him and it was Bastila/Carth that sent T3 to find the Exile.

nope nope, it was Revan that sent T3. :thumbsup:

110% positive on this one!

however I do also remember that because of the memory damage T3 thought at first he had been abandoned (this part im not as sure on)

It is important to recognize that you're never supposed to have all the answers; after all, no character in the game ever does. One of the things I really like about KOTOR 2 is that it raises a lot of interesting questions: is Kreia evil, or neutral? Was Revan ever really evil, or just ruthless? What's the proper role of the Jedi and the Force? What were Revan & Kreia's ultimate plans? KOTOR 2 gives you enough to defend the Jedi Council's actions throughout KOTOR 1 & 2, or Revan's in 1 & 2.

For Kotor III, I'm pretty sure that, depending on the alignment that you played Kotor II with, the situation that Revan is in will vary.

If you are a Dark Side Exile, and Revan is a Dark Jedi, then you will be going to join Revan and the True Sith.

If you are a Light Side Exile and Revan is a Light Side Jedi, then you will be aiding Revan in the defeat of the True Sith.

There are two more options there but I'm pretty sure you guys can figure them out.

What computer stats did you have when you got that info?

What computer stats did you have when you got that info?

Honestly, I dont remember what stats I had for computer at that point.

If I had to "guess" (and its a guess as its been quite awhile since I played) id say I was over 20 in computer/repair with ultra high influence on T3.

T3 has a wealth of knowledge to share in K2 if you dedicate the skill points and time to get at that knowledge.

If you're referring to that message T3 has recorded, I think it has more to do with Intelligence than Computer skills. In fact, I know it does, because it shows up in your options with [intelligence] in front of it.

I had really high repair and computer skills, but I could never trigger it... however once I raised my intelligence (to 13, I think... I don't know if intelligences bonuses will work or not for this), I immediately got the option to look at it.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

If you're referring to that message T3 has recorded, I think it has more to do with Intelligence than Computer skills. In fact, I know it does, because it shows up in your options with [intelligence] in front of it.

I had really high repair and computer skills, but I could never trigger it... however once I raised my intelligence (to 13, I think... I don't know if intelligences bonuses will work or not for this), I immediately got the option to look at it.

It's 15. With modifiers, though, not just the base, so you can use force valor (and items like the Ossus Robe) to get your INT up high enough to access it.

This actually depends on the way you answer Atton's question about Revan on the mining facility. If you chose Revan to be a Dark Jedi, then he/she (however you chose) is off in the Unknown Regions leading the True Sith, I think. If you chose Revan to be a light side Jedi, then he is in the Unknown Regions of the galaxy fighting the True Sith. The True Sith are an even eviler, more powerful Darkside Order.

Actually, it seemed like he went to fight them either way, whether he was a Jedi or not. It didn't seem like the implication was that he joined them if he was a Sith. (After all, Kreia said Revan may need to accept the help of Jedi and Sith without discrimination if he hoped to win, so it didn't necessarily seem like Revan himself would be naturaly predisposed toward joining them if he was a Sith.)

Well, okay, the next game might reveal otherwise in some sort of plot twist, like Revan was eventually corrupted by them and brought to their side, or infiltrated their "ranks" to try and defeat them from within, or something. The implication in this game, however, was that his intentions when he left were to fight them, regardless of his alignment.

It's 15.  With modifiers, though, not just the base, so you can use force valor (and items like the Ossus Robe) to get your INT up high enough to access it.

Really? Cause I had an INT of 16 or so with modifiers, and I could still not get it until I boosted my INT to 13.

*shrug*

Oh well...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

It's 15.  With modifiers, though, not just the base, so you can use force valor (and items like the Ossus Robe) to get your INT up high enough to access it.

Really? Cause I had an INT of 16 or so with modifiers, and I could still not get it until I boosted my INT to 13.

*shrug*

Oh well...

Kinda strange. I have 98 INF with T3, 18 Computer and 14 natural INT, and have had but one option to update his memory core. I can repair him all day (actually, no I can't because I suck at Repair) but no 'computer' options show up.

nope nope, it was Revan that sent T3. :thumbsup:

110% positive on this one!

however I do also remember that because of the memory damage T3 thought at first he had been abandoned (this  part im not as sure on)

I'm still convinced it was not Revan that sent T3 to find the Exile. Revan left T3 because he knew he would not need him. Bastila/Carth ordered T3 to find other Jedi to help if Revan disappeared. In some ways, T3 was seeking the Exile out on his own, using the information that Atris had leaked about the Exile's whereabouts.

Could someone else confirm which of us is right?

Honestly, I dont remember what stats I had for computer at that point.

If I had to "guess" (and its a guess as its been quite awhile since I played) id say I was over 20 in computer/repair with ultra high influence on T3.

T3 has a wealth of knowledge to share in K2 if you dedicate the skill points and time to get at that knowledge.

I guess I should ask if you chose Revan as male or female. The last conversation I ever got with T3 was

a holorecording of Bastila asking T3 to come back for help if Revan was unable

. In my game, of course, Revan was male. Were you saying you got an additional conversation after this, or was I just reading it incorrectly?