Darkside - force choking Disciple?

So in the game files, there's this option where the Exile force chokes Disciple during his "You're falling to the darkside" observation...and after, Disciple is supposed to say "You've fallen far."

Question: Is it in the final game? Anyone ever get it?

I've tried to trigger it numerous times, with various influence settings and trying all the dialogue options (both with and without having the Choke power) and it never comes up.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It was cut... like so many other things. There is a similar thing with Mira. When you tell her: "I wanted to teach you some of the forms i have learned" she says: "This better not be any of that boring meditation stuff. Tha puts me to sleep" and the you have a Force Choke option. The whole form learning thing was completely cut.

I was afraid of that.

*stomps foot*

They took out all the little fun stuff. I would have loved to see that bit. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, it sucks. When i used Kotor Tool and saw it i said what Smeagol said. YOU RUINS IT!! ;) I would so very much want to have this dialog in the game. Not only would you be able to teach force and lightsaber forms, but you could be a true Dark Lord :blink: The Force Choke option would be especially nice to use on Mira since i find her arrogant. She gasses me and i can't even have revenge <_<

It was cut... like so many other things. There is a similar thing with Mira. When you tell her: "I wanted to teach you some of the forms i have learned" she says: "This better not be any of that boring meditation stuff. Tha puts me to sleep" and the you have a Force Choke option. The whole form learning thing was completely cut.

Perhaps they felt it was too evil to let you brutalize your own party members, something about the protagonist being more evil than the antagonist(s)... :blink:

If you really desire to choke the poor guy though, it shouldn't be that hard to modify the Disciple's dialog to unlock that option, you just have to edit the conditional script that blocks it out. Try unpacking this file and put it in your override folder, then trigger his "Comment on darkside looks" dialog. Then you should be able to choke him, provided that you know any of the Wound/Choke/Kill powers of course. (Can't say what state the animations etc for that dialog branch is in though. I always play a lightsider so I couldn't test such a thing, so try it at your own risk ;) Just delete it from your Override folder again if it causes trouble.)

---

I'm glad they didn't put the form learning in the final game though, that would have made no sense at all. As the Jedi Masters say when you fight them, learning such a form would take decades of hard and dedicated training. The Exile can do it due to her...special... condition, but your party members shouldn't be able to.

Sure, she already hyper-accelerates their experience gain and power through her force bonds, but the forms are one of the special things that makes the Exile unique. All the others have some special attacks, powers or feats, so you got to leave something for the Exile to feel special about. :p

But the NPC's get those forms anyway, assumedly because the Exile learns them then passes them on to her 'students'. So it feels to me like it would have been nice to see how the NPC's learned those moves rather than have them just appear magically in their attack option slots.

Mostly tho, I just really want the 'more interaction' - and some of those small cut lines just sound really funny, both in context and chr. voice wise.

All the others have some special attacks, powers or feats, so you got to leave something for the Exile to feel special about. :blink:

Hmm... i guess you're right about that. Let's leave it for the Exile.

As for the Force Choke thing. I'm already working on unlocking some of the things but thanks for the file. I'll check it out ;)

I love you stoffe. :D

It works...although the animation is just that he grabs his throat...I'd love to see it animated where you lift him off the ground kind of thing. No special animation when he says "you've fallen far" either - just normal 'I'm talking' graphic.

Still funny tho. In my twisted opinion.

I'm pretty sure you can't since the part about teaching your companions lightsaber forms is cut also. WHy would you Force Choke Mira? She's so pretty... besides, Di's voice got on my nerves excpet I like how he says "the dark side' in his idiotic rant before you Force Choke him. I replayed that about seventeen times. :blink:

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Wow, I'm feeling kinda bad for poor Disciple right about now. :blink:

Although I would've been all over that during my DS game if it hadn't been cut. I had not yet grown to appreciate him at that point, and in short, he annoyed the hell out of me.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Wow, I'm feeling kinda bad for poor Disciple right about now.  :lol:

Although I would've been all over that during my DS game if it hadn't been cut. I had not yet grown to appreciate him at that point, and in short, he annoyed the hell out of me.

Aimo did a pretty good job of re-making Disciple into a more likeable character, but even she gives him the rough end in her art...

Oh well, some charcaters are just doomed to live tragic lives. Pitting him against Atton was sort of like throwing a kitten to the wolves... :blink:

I wasn't personally interested in this bit because I hate him.

In my case I think it's funny precisely because I like his character so much.

Which just confirms my warped mind?