Where is the romance in this kotor2 ?

Sorry, I don't do mods (or abductions, for that matter, no matter how much I may be drooling over the guy). I only do fanfic.

Lol, an abduction might generate negative press for SW fans.

I read a couple pages back that Chris Avellone may, or may not have said that romance was silly in games. Well I think there is evidence that a romance had been planned for KOTOR II and went unfinished. For example, the influence system had effects on the cutscenes with Atton and Disciple (and Visas and Handmaiden). There was clearly a structure in place that would allow for a set of alternate options and possible endings. (Such as the Star Ocean series employs). I think the romance subplot was also important based on Kreia's comments upon how dangerous "love" would be and that the Exile could not bring any loved ones on the mission. It would only make dramatic sense to address the "love" issue in more detail.

The Atton story, as everyone knows by now, was clearly cut short. Why include the cutscene with Bao-Dur where Atton asks about his chances with the Exile if nothing more was to be done with the plot? Also, Atton confesses that he killed a female jedi. I really think that there should have been more dialogue for the female Exile considering the implications of scuh a confession.

The romance in the game would have been meaningless if it were over the top like some kind of Hugh Grant romantic comedy, but it could have at least included an Empire Strikes Back-esque scene with Atton and Exile!

Royal

Lol, an abduction might generate negative press for SW fans.

Ya think? :rolleyes:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I wanted Mira ;) ...no Mira :)

She calls you "old' and says you couldn't handle her. Psh, riiiight. You were exiled from the Jedi, a survivor of Malachor V, and you saved the galaxy.

She's what -- a bounty hunter from Nar Shadda? Just do the math... <_<

I thought she was just afraid of relationships :rolleyes:

I thought there was subtle romance in the game (female) as well...although I also realize this might just be my imagination/result of putting my 'he's so cute/funny/sweet' emotions onto the characters.

Regardless, I just wanted more - not neccesarily going to bed or anything overt - but more dialogue choices, more closure one way or another, etc.

I mean, Atton asks Bao-Dur if he'd have a shot with Exile, and he acts all jealous of Disciple, but then it's dropped like a sack of potatoes until Kreia tells you "oh sorry you/they know you can't have romance cause you're too important/busy" blah blah. (EDIT - btw I always find that romance-plot-device excuse stupid and annoying).

Even just a few lines where Atton starts to say something about his feelings and Exile gets to go "more important things to deal with first" would have been something. Would have felt like it was at least dealt with.

Or how about getting to use Disciples line back at him - he says "I'm hesitant to say this, but I think I'm starting to have feelings for you that go beyond the teacher/student relationship," and the Exile gets to holler back "Let us wait to talk until we have dealt with our enemies!"

Haha....yeah...ok...just babbling. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Even just a few lines where Atton starts to say something about his feelings and Exile gets to go "more important things to deal with first" would have been something. Would have felt like it was at least dealt with.

That would have been better than what we got. It almost seems they just forgot to add the dialogues, but I know that is impossible. I assume hey review the events/dialogues in the game before it is printed. I think the developers could also have taken the discusson of the Exile's family farther to answer Atton's question.

I still love the KOTOR II, and wouldn't want to see a Star Wars dating game per se, but a little more development would have been great.

Royal

Ya but I also wanted to kill him :(  :)

Yeah, I don't like you anymore. <_<

Poor Atton... all he wanted was to be loved by the Exile... :o

:wub:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Yeah, I don't like you anymore.

Oh,come'on I wanted to kill everyone :blink:...at a point in the game.I mean if you were DS you should have been given a choice to kill him after his confession :)

Poor Atton... all he wanted was to be loved by the Exile...

Ah,even if the exile was male? :(

That's why the devs said he's the kind to have a pink lightsaber :blink:

Yeah, I don't like you anymore.

Oh,come'on I wanted to kill everyone :lol:...at a point in the game.I mean if you were DS you should have been given a choice to kill him after his confession :lol:

Ah,even if the exile was male? :)

That's why the devs said he's the kind to have a pink lightsaber :p

lol ! She wanted to say that if Exile were a girl! :lol:

I do think Revan should stop Atton from Saving The Exile and the Exile will die.

Revan should meet with Atton, that would be interesting

They could have a three way chair match with Carth, Atton and Disciple! :)

Carth: "I met Revan first! Me, she wants me!"

Atton: "Yeah, well my woman mysteriously flew off in a broken ship-"

Carth: "Yes, the Ebon Hawk - nice to see you took good care of it *grumble*"

Disciple: "Look at my stupid face"

Atton: "Yeah, well....Pazaak anyone?

Revan: "Men......"

Ah,even if the exile was male? :)

*shrug*

Well, I meant the female Exile... but sure, why not? :lol:

But alas this was never to be, poor Silvershadow wandered the land in sorrow until finally she came upon The Tribe of Randy....

No need to wander the land in sorrow when you can write fanfic. :p

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

:ph34r: He's not touching my Exile :lol:"

Why, you keepin' your Exile all to yourself? :lol:

That's fine. I didn't really want him touching your Exile anyway. :)

How many chapters are you planing,btw?

Why, are you actually reading my fic? (let's just say not that many guys do... can't imagine why. :p )

I'm looking at 18 chapters right now. I'm about halfway through chapter 17 as we speak, and I'm getting quite close to the end.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Well I like FanFic :"> ,and you're very good at it :thumbsup:

Would it kill you to write a review, then? :lol:

Just bugging... I honestly thought that the only guys that read my fic were the two that wrote in reviews. :)

(And thank you! I'm glad you like it...)

Hey look! We're off-topic again! :)

EDIT: :wub: You didn't have to write a review, you know! I was just bugging you!

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Done,now stop bothering me :thumbsup:

Yeah, I noticed. :)

I bet my co-workers were wondering why I suddenly started laughing to myself.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Why can't  I see my own review :thumbsup: ?

It'll show up sometime over the next 24 hours. The site is weird that way.

I only saw it because I get a mail notification when a new review gets added.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------