Where is the romance in this kotor2 ?

Yeah, I was about to mention that... about three pages ago. :p

I did try to get it back on track a couple times, but apparently it didn't take. :lol:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Where is the little "I love you speech" like the one you get out of Carth TWICE in KotOR I and the really cute Bastila "I love you speech"?! Who cares about kissing, I want the infamous "I love you, oh my gosh, let's stop this pointless tension" kind of dialogue. It could be between Di and Kreia for all I care.... except instead of feeling good inside and going "Awww" I'd be laughing my head off.

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

Yeah, the romance in KOTOR1 was fun, but worth a bit of a laugh more than anything else really :lol:

Chris Avellone says romance in games is stupid.  Hence, minimal romance is KOTOR II.

I hope that he didn't actually say that, or that you are really paraphrasing to the extreme, but IF he did say those words, then... well there is no need to sling mud seeing as there is no proof whatsover of what he said.

- Dan

Where is the little "I love you speech" like the one you get out of Carth TWICE in KotOR I and the really cute Bastila "I love you speech"?!

Well, I reckon we would have gotten that speech from Atton if it wasn't for the stuff that was cut... Listening to that "Loved you from the first time I saw you... thought you were a dream" speech kinda chokes me up whenever I hear it.

Mind you I don't know if it would've been better or worse than what we got, seeing as it also would have meant watching him DIE after professing his love.

And even then, we still wouldn't been able to say it back. I mean, the guy's DYING, for crying out loud! You tell him you love him, even if you don't mean it! :lol:

I think some of the writers were going through bad breakups when they were writing the story. >_<

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

The so-called happy ending, far as I can tell, isn't all that romantic either. Atton asks you where you're going, cracks a joke, and off you walk into the 'sunset' or something.

Still...that would have been better than what they left in. A bit of closure.

What I want to know is...does evil atton actually manage to kill Disciple? (or Handmaiden kills Visas etc). Where/what would the conclusion for that be?

Dark endings indeed...

Edit - because in terms of romance, it's the unfavored one that attacks, so your 'loved one' eats a saber? Or ends up winning and joining you at the end ala the Atton bit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Really? Cause my impression was that they were just cutscenes, ala the Ebon Hawk type stuff.

But that would make more sense...like the Mira/Hanhar bit I guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

(w00t)

Just 3 words:

Kreia or T3 :wub:  :lol:  :p

That would have been so weird ;)

T3??? But how could that possibly be physically...? :thumbsup:

...You know what? I don't wanna know. :p

Well T3 might have a "special package" ment to please humans ;)

And of course sex with droids doesn't seem to be ilegal in the SW universe :thumbsup:

you know the upgrade "human anatomy library upgrade"?it's for more than extra dmg against humans. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

The so-called happy ending, far as I can tell, isn't all that romantic either. Atton asks you where you're going, cracks a joke, and off you walk into the 'sunset' or something.

Still...that would have been better than what they left in. A bit of closure.

What I want to know is...does evil atton actually manage to kill Disciple? (or Handmaiden kills Visas etc). Where/what would the conclusion for that be?

Dark endings indeed...

Edit - because in terms of romance, it's the unfavored one that attacks, so your 'loved one' eats a saber? Or ends up winning and joining you at the end ala the Atton bit.

It's hard to say for sure, but I suppose I had just assumed (for LS at least) that the character that you had the highest 'favour state' for would be the one that doesn't die. For example if you either were in the "care for" or "love" state for Visas then she would defeat Handmaiden (or turn her back to the light side?). Thats just pure speculation on my part of course because even in a fairly bleak ending, for a LS game it doesn't make much sense to kill off all the characters you preferred during the game lol

Still, its all moot in the end becuase since it wasn't included it wont have squat to do with any possible future installment. To the Atton fanclub I am guess thats a good thing too, because at least now you have a pretty good shot at him appearing if there is a 3rd game :thumbsup: I can only hope as much for Visas and the other characters as well...

Really though... even though there are people claiming there will be no 3rd game... after going through the ending a few times and looking at the stuff they decided not to include it just makes SO much sense to have a 3rd game... its like... so obvious, but so clouded at the same time :thumbsup:

- Dan

Looks like everything is back on topic, no thanks to me lol--

I think the cut ending was too harsh. When Atton says "it hurts to laugh" it rmeinds me of some heartbreaking ending to a 1940's mob/Bogey movie. Silvershadow noted that the Exile didn't even have the opportunity to say "I love you" back, the closest was a comment like "I know".

I am interested, as Crimson pointed out, as to what the outcome of the Atton/Disicple fight owuld have been. If Atton won, would he run off with the Exile in some Bonnie/Clyde dark side duo thing? Just wondering, I k now it's probably impossible to find out.

Royal

The interplay between the Exile and Handmaiden or Exile and Visas was MUCH MORE intimate then anything offered in KotOR1.

So what they didnt kiss or bump ugly, the underlaying tension and eventual release of those tensions were much more pure romance and MATURE in nature then anything Bastila had to offer up to Revan in KotOR1.

right on the ball. i really agree with you on how subtle te romance was. romance doesn't need to be in your face obvious to be romance. it can be so subtle that you knw your character and atton/visas/brianna/mical have something going on... that is more realistic than any scripted kiss or iloveyou.

when carth onasi told my female revan that he loved her, i laughed out loud cos it sounded so ridiculous. it was purely scripted.

in terms of story, TSL beats the original kotor hands down!

in terms of story, TSL beats the original kotor hands down!

Shhh...Don't say that here they're a lot of Kotor1 fanboys(and girls) :ph34r:

I wanted Mira :) ...no Mira :)

Well.. They're both great games, but sure enough, you can tell who made them. I just played through K2 for the first time and thought I'd share some reflections.

Kotor1 is kinda like BG2, with a grand storyline, romances shoved in your face, a true bad guy to work against et cetera. Entertaining for most.

Kotor2 is much like Planescape: Torment (too much, almost).

PST: You awake at the morgue.

K2: You awake next door from the morgue.

PST and K2: You have no idea what has happened, but something in your past has made you uberpowerful. It is your quest to find out exactly what happened.

PST and K2: You really don't know what is going on, you just do what the last story person told you.

PST and K2: No real nemesis to focus on. It is hard to pull off this kind of storytelling.

PST: and K2: There is an old crone somewhere that knows a lot about you.

PST and K2: You are betrayed by someone whom you thought you could trust. Probably multiple times.

PST and K2: In the end, you wander off alone into a great battle.

I could point out the similarities in companions, but I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader. All in all, a very personal storyline.

I didn't appreciate PST until my second or third time through. Too bad Peragus station is so boring to run through :/

"You have offended my family, and you have offended the Shaolin temple." Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

It would have been nice if we could fight with Atton in our underwear, though. :p

I think when I go to sleep tonight my subconscious mind will be playing all KINDS of havoc with that lovely idea. ;)

We all get equally screwed in relation to romances.

Hear, hear! It's not that there wasn't potential, it's just that they didn't progress well enough to be really fulfilling. Particularly towards the end after you exhausted their dialogues.

In KOTOR, I wanted the DS option of rampaging through the galaxy with Canderous at my side. In KOTOR, Bao Dur would have been better than Disciple...or again, Candyman.

He would make a hell of an evil love interest! Cool character, great voicing. And he's a bit of a silver fox to boot. Way too old for me, but still rather hot.

I did like the larger number of options. Heh, one in KOTOR 1, 2 in KOTOR 2. But as an Atton-phile, I would've preferred it just be Atton if we could've gotten as much fulfillment/closure as we did with Carth. Dammit. Or better yet, more.

Yep. ^_^ Or in that dancing dress. (The 'underwear' in that game looked more like a military suit or something.)

Ah, the dancer's outfit... I was pretty disappointed that Atton never even made a comment. I had both Atton and Disciple with me, and NA-DA. No flustered, blushing Disciple, no drooling Atton... nothing. For shame. <_<

That's one of those minor yet major disappointments... those little touches that could've added so much. If only Obsidian had the time... *sigh*

Getting the option of playing pazaak with Nar Shaddaa rules at some point would've been wicked. :p I mean, even if they faded out the screen as per the infamous Bastila/Revan kiss in KOTOR 1... Atton could have made some priceless comments after, I'm sure.

I LOVE the way your mind works. Any chance of you writing a mod and abducting Nicky Katt to do the lines? ;) Aww, I know, but a girl can dream, right?

You guys should invest ur time into "skill checks and add charisma points" to ur real lives haha....

Yeah, cute. You can fence in real life--that's comparable to lightsaber battles. There are plenty of real world comparisons for any game activity. The point is immersion, the point is fun. Having companions and relationships for your character helps draw you in, make you feel like you're really there and all those lightsaber battles really mean something. Same with the dialogue and the choices you make in quests--you can talk and choose things in real life, does that mean that nobody should ever talk in a game and you should only have one set linear path of action? Hardly.

EDIT: and this is all in good fun, just like romances in a videogame....anyone want to get pissed off at what I've said and flame me, just means they took the comments I made to heart and needs to re-think their life hahaha!

I don't think anyone could get mad at such a weak attempt to make yourself look like you have a life. Face it, you're posting on a forum for a Star Wars videogame--ya don't have one. Now let's call a truce; I'll let you get back to your inflatable girlfriend while I go turn Atton into a Dark Jedi. :p

I myself find Nicky Katt really hot, but that's me.

Ah, but it's not just you! I normally like hair longer, but his looks silly when it's poofy. He should always keep it kinda short.

He also has the most LUSCIOUS voice... I don't know how the hell he manages to sound so boyish and so manly at the same time. Mmm....

Canderous=John Cygan

Whoa... I've seen that guy before! I hadn't expected the actor himself to be more gorgeous than the character he plays. Whoa. And he, too, has a really hot voice.

I wanted Mira :thumbsup: ...no Mira :)

Aww... dude, I feel your pain, she was cool. If there was a movie, SHE should be the love interest. She's the most interesting female character in the game.

I know I must've said this about twenty bazillion times before on the internet, but I really hope Obsidian will someday do a KOTOR 3, and that if there is a KOTOR 3 of any sort, we'll get Exile/Mira/Atton all back together again. That's my modest little wish.

The tribe of Atton Randy continues to grow, much fantasising i sense - a dark time indeed for their other halves.

Hmm tribe? That sounds better than fanclub. lol

I agree with Wynne (and many others) that KOTOR 3 has to address Atton/Exile. If they are not actually in the game we have to get the option to decide what happend to them (like with Revan's fate in KOTOR II). Although that would cotinue the cop out tradition. They should make an expansion pack for KOTOR II that has a more complete story with Atton and the other characters. That might appease the Atton tribe and not require as much time to produce. They absolutely have to get the same voice actors though. No off-brand Atton!

Royal

I wanted Mira :lol: ...no Mira :lol:

She calls you "old' and says you couldn't handle her. Psh, riiiight. You were exiled from the Jedi, a survivor of Malachor V, and you saved the galaxy.

She's what -- a bounty hunter from Nar Shadda? Just do the math... <_<

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

KOTOR 3 has to address Atton/Exile. If they are not actually in the game we have to get the option to decide what happend to them

While i understand the needs of the Tribe of Randy, carrying over what is in effect a frivolous sideplot to a new KoTOR game would be taking it too far.

then again i suppose some kind of spin off would ok.

Atton vs The Krazy Katt worshippers.

I LOVE the way your mind works. Any chance of you writing a mod and abducting Nicky Katt to do the lines?
Urm... :lol:

*shakes magic 8-ball*

"Stars say no"

Dammit!

Sorry, I don't do mods (or abductions, for that matter, no matter how much I may be drooling over the guy). I only do fanfic. :D

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Seriously folks, you DONT need to see them kiss or screw on screen to get the point across. Obsidian was much more subtle then Bioware (who basically just slapped you upside the head with the love story so none could miss it). Obsidian did it in a far more mature and intense manner.

Must have been VERY subtle...I missed it...all

Who said anything about needing kisses or sex? I mean...Atton playing paazak in the head...uh ok...that's nice...that was about the extent of it. (Yes I'm talking about female exiles...we got zip in my opinion.)