Where is the romance in this kotor2 ?

Hi,

Ive finished the game last night.

The ending SUCKED ! I mean there wasnt an ending IMO.

These forums are ace though, and I was wondering if anyone managed to get any romance in this game like KOTOR1 had ? I mean Revan and Bastilla kissed and were in love ! awwww !

I tried with Visas as a male Jedi this time, and the best I got was to stare into each others face which wasnt shown anyway.

Anyone else get far as a male or female ? Im guessing a female Jedi may have got Attons favour?

;-)

Female Jedis don't get squat other than fights between Atton & Disciple.

And even then, I would use the word "fights" loosely... more like Atton chewing Mical out and Mical trying to appease him by telling him he feels nothing but admiration for the Exile.

Im guessing a female Jedi may have got Attons favour?

To this, I say "Yeah, right!" I mean, sure, he's in love with the Exile and all, but Atton sure likes keeping his secrets. If they'd kept the cut ending in, she'd have found out. (but then he'd have died, so that would have sucked as well)

There have been many, many threads dedicated to us fangirls complaining about the lack of romance. Me, I've basically reach the point of "Yeah, it sucks, but what are you gonna do." I guess that's what fanfic is for. :rolleyes:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

If you look at all the dialogue when it comes to the Exile and party members of the opposite sex you can tell that the Exile is true to his or her beliefs as a Jedi. When Kreia says she knows that the Exile wants 'bang' Hanmaiden or Visas the Exile never has the option of saying "Yes, I would like to 'bang' her", it's always "maybe or maybe not" like he is beating around the bush.

Even when he is trying to get with Mira it seems like he is just joking around and is not that serious.

The Exile really holds to the belief that a Jedi is not allowed to love, unlike Revan who thought he was a Republic soldier which made it easier for him to fall in love with Bastila.

If you look at all the dialogue when it comes to the Exile and party members of the opposite sex you can tell that the Exile is true to his or her beliefs as a Jedi. When Kreia says she knows that the Exile wants 'bang' Hanmaiden or Visas the Exile never has the option of saying "Yes, I would like to 'bang' her", it's always "maybe or maybe not" like he is beating around the bush.

Even when he is trying to get with Mira it seems like he is just joking around and is not that serious.

The Exile really holds to the belief that a Jedi is not allowed to love, unlike Revan who thought he was a Republic soldier which made it easier for him to fall in love with Bastila.

Totally disagree.

The interplay between the Exile and Handmaiden or Exile and Visas was MUCH MORE intimate then anything offered in KotOR1.

So what they didnt kiss or bump ugly, the underlaying tension and eventual release of those tensions were much more pure romance and MATURE in nature then anything Bastila had to offer up to Revan in KotOR1.

Even the dialog with Mira was semi joking but laced with underlaying tension (expanded on when you read Miras thoughts) and left with a "possible" future connection type of feeling.

Seriously folks, you DONT need to see them kiss or screw on screen to get the point across. Obsidian was much more subtle then Bioware (who basically just slapped you upside the head with the love story so none could miss it). Obsidian did it in a far more mature and intense manner.

The (as called force sex) between Visas and Exile at the start of the final chapters was one of the most well done and sensual moments Ive ever seen in a RPG game to be honest and the effect and meaning was obvious for all but the slowest of people.

Handmaiden going crazy and kidnapping Kreia, killing her sisters, fighting Atris, and finally opening up to you and telling you her name all because she thought you were killed by Kreia and Atris (atris indirectly) left no doubt what so ever on her true feelings for you.

Mira tracking you on Malacor V even after spurning your advances at the risk of her own life even was symbolic of the loyalty and feelings she had for the Exile.

Come on folks, you DONT need the kissing and such when you have all that in play. Obsidian did quite possibly the best love interest story Ive ever seen to date in cRPG to be honest. Even in part 1 when Bastila declared her love and they kissed I was like "ok, who really didnt see that comeing", it was all predictable! Obsidians way was much more subtle and there for much better pay off.

The Exile didnt hold to the Jedi path either, Obsidian decided not to close the stories off (which is the GREATEST INDICATION that a KotOR3 on its way). These storyline HAVE to pick up where they left off and complete in KotOR3. Exile not being true to Jedi code, he just took the storylines as far as he could in KotOR2. Obsidian just doing what ALL good story tellers do, they didnt rush you to the climate of the tale like KotOR1 did regarding Bastila/Revan.

As Ive said in multiple posts I usually HATE the love story crap in cRPGs and its handled so immaturly. Obsidian however hooked me and dragged me in leaving me ACTUALLY WANTING MORE! I actually want to know where these characters end up, with who they end up with, what causes that. Obsidian did what ALL good story tellers should do, leave you wanting more!

I cant really comment on the female Exile t hen to say sure the love story was lacking there, but then again its obvious to pretty much everyone the original story (for parts 1 and 2) were designed for the PC to be a MALE LS Revan or an MALE LS Exile. The female PC stuff was just after thought to increase options and multiple play throughs.

Well said Kalfear. You sort of made me rethink what I wrote. Nevertheless, the girls going crazy to save the exile could also be linked to his ability to form bonds and what the masters telling you on Dantooine about others following you against their better sense.

I still stick to my idea of the Exile holding true to his Jedi beliefs.

Well said Kalfear. You sort of made me rethink what I wrote. Nevertheless, the girls going crazy to save the exile could also be linked to his ability to form bonds and what the masters telling you on Dantooine about others following you against their better sense.

I still stick to my idea of the Exile holding true to his Jedi beliefs.

heheh let me expand.

Im not saying he cant be staying loyal to his jedi traditions (if that is what you as a player choose to do).

Just its left wide open enough that thats not the only reason for the lack of interaction thus far.

The story is setting it self up and was left as a cliff hanger for part 3.

I mean, speaking soly for myself here, I would buy part 3 just for the completion of the love stories as long as they included them. The rest of the stories would be bonus material.

No doubt they played the romance a lot differently in KOTOR2... its definitely not as 'open and shut' as KOTOR1. I thought they way they approached both was good from an entertainment perspective, though the more subtle (perhaps beleivable?) method in KOTOR2 maybe added to the immersion factor a bit more. That said though, the ending they included really did not lend itself well to such complex romance story throughout the game, which sort of meant a lot of emptyness come the end, so hopefully if the characters appear at all in a 3rd installment the romances will be finalised a bit more?

I mean, the result of the Bastila/Carth/Revan stuff in KOTOR1 was finished pretty abruptly from a relationship perspective (and they even mentioned that at the end of KOTOR2) in KOTOR1, but the sorta transperant love story meant that it didn't matter all that much because it was so clearly obvious that something was on the cards for Bastila/Carth and Revan at the end... we just never got to see what, which isnt uncommon in games really :p

I think due to the poor ending to kotor2, the relationships deserve more closure moreso than that of the characters in kotor1, but I thought all of the characters and their relationships were cool, so it would be nice to see ALL of the key relationships finalised nicely at the end of KOTOR3 :p For once I would just like to feel warm and fuzzy inside when I finish a game ;)... 3 installments is enough time! kotor1 was straight forward, fairly lighthearted in its own way... kotor2 was much darker and more complex (even if they did muck it up a bit)... so regardless of how they approach it, what style they use and who the PC character is, I would like to see more closure and more of a final installment feel, the romance included. Of course the Light Side ending would have to give me that good feeling at the end, but I dont care about DS, everyone can die or something suitably evil :)

Ok I'm done :huh:

- Dan

PS: I liked your posts Kalfear - I agree with what you have said, although I really did still enjoy the transperant KOTOR1 romance story... the predictability of it all was sort of entertaining in itself... cause it was cheesy, but not TOO cheesy :D

Go play Sims if you wanna kiss everybody hehe.

I just don't care about any romance in games whatsoever, it's silly I think.

Oh yeah, I remember back in K1 days... I kept thinking 'stfu Bastila, just leave me the hell alone' .. But noooo .. bah

I bet that's why I always go DS in every SW game I've tried :blink:

I hate the sims :)

I'm not looking for virtual dating :devil: This was my first RPG style game and I just enjoyed the escapism of it all... just forgetting real life and getting into the game for a few hours. Turns out a large part of these games is character relationships, and I thought that was cool when thrown in with the whole Star Wars/Jedi/The Force concept... it was very cool :)

I thought it made the games a bit more interesting and gave them a bit of edge...

Still, It's cool that you don't agree. Some people just prefer to get straight to the killing :p but others look for something a bit more to satisfy their need for entertainment... and because I am a a pretty analytical person, the finer points of the game appeal to me... romance included.

Then again some people might be just a tad obsessed, but I cant say I have met one of those people yet... i think :D

- Dan

Oi.  o.o  Sounds like the guys get the better end of the deal whilst playing it, aye?

*shrug*

It depends on your perspective... personally I'd rather watch Atton tell Bao-Dur he's got a crush on the Exile or him being paranoid about Disciple than have "Force Sex" with Visas (whom I find repulsive like you can't believe).

It would have been nice if we could fight with Atton in our underwear, though. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Totally disagree.

The interplay between the Exile and Handmaiden or Exile and Visas was MUCH MORE intimate then anything offered in KotOR1.

So what they didnt kiss or bump ugly, the underlaying tension and eventual release of those tensions were much more pure romance and MATURE in nature then anything Bastila had to offer up to Revan in KotOR1.

Even the dialog with Mira was semi joking but laced with underlaying tension (expanded on when you read Miras thoughts) and left with a "possible" future connection type of feeling.

Seriously folks, you DONT need to see them kiss or screw on screen to get the point across. Obsidian was much more subtle then Bioware (who basically just slapped you upside the head with the love story so none could miss it). Obsidian did it in a far more mature and intense manner.

The (as called force sex) between Visas and Exile at the start of the final chapters was one of the most well done and sensual moments Ive ever seen in a RPG game to be honest and the effect and meaning was obvious for all but the slowest of people.

Handmaiden going crazy and kidnapping Kreia, killing her sisters, fighting Atris, and finally opening up to you and telling you her name all because she thought you were killed by Kreia and Atris (atris indirectly) left no doubt what so ever on her true feelings for you.

Mira tracking you on Malacor V even after spurning your advances at the risk of her own life even was symbolic of the loyalty and feelings she had for the Exile.

Come on folks, you DONT need the kissing and such when you have all that in play. Obsidian did quite possibly the best love interest story Ive ever seen to date in cRPG to be honest. Even in part 1 when Bastila declared her love and they kissed I was like "ok, who really didnt see that comeing", it was all predictable! Obsidians way was much more subtle and there for much better pay off.

The Exile didnt hold to the Jedi path either, Obsidian decided not to close the stories off (which is the GREATEST INDICATION that a KotOR3 on its way). These storyline HAVE to pick up where they left off and complete in KotOR3. Exile not being true to Jedi code, he just took the storylines as far as he could in KotOR2. Obsidian just doing what ALL good story tellers do, they didnt rush you to the climate of the tale like KotOR1 did regarding Bastila/Revan.

As Ive said in multiple posts I usually HATE the love story crap in cRPGs and its handled so immaturly. Obsidian however hooked me and dragged me in leaving me ACTUALLY WANTING MORE! I actually want to know where these characters end up, with who they end up with, what causes that. Obsidian did what ALL good story tellers should do, leave you wanting more!

I cant really comment on the female Exile t hen to say sure the love story was lacking there, but then again its obvious to pretty much everyone the original story (for parts 1 and 2) were designed for the PC to be a MALE LS Revan or an MALE LS Exile. The female PC stuff was just after thought to increase options and multiple play throughs.

How many times did Han and Leia actually kiss? Only two or three times in THREE movies. Well said Kalfear. Bioware can be delicate also. The Baldur's Gate Saga gave the Character and NPC's an entire game to build relationships without a HINT of romance. It made the romance that followed in the second game all the better.

It would have been nice if we could fight with Atton in our underwear, though.

I think Atton would enjoy that :D

I personally wanted everybody as romance options :p:thumbsup:

As for BG2 you actually could "consumate" a relationship :-

I think Atton would enjoy that :D

I personally wanted everybody as romance options :wub::(

As for BG2 you actually could "consumate" a relationship :thumbsup:

BG Saga Spoiler

It went further than consumation. You could actually make one of the NPC's pregnant, and father a child.

It would have been nice if we could fight with Atton in our underwear, though. :thumbsup:

Yep. ^_^ Or in that dancing dress. (The 'underwear' in that game looked more like a military suit or something.)

- That's really not fair, the guys get the Handmaiden to fight with and we get Disciple and his meditation... Booooring! I had already found the best solution to pass time while my force energy refilled before I met the Disciple: Play Pazaak with Atton! :( (No, not Nar Shadaa rules.)

I personally wanted everybody as romance options :thumbsup::(

Same here. It would have been nice to have had the option to strike up a relationship with any member of the opposite sex on board (or even the same sex, if the NPC were that way inclined *cough, Disciple, cough*). In KOTOR, I wanted the DS option of rampaging through the galaxy with Canderous at my side. In KOTOR, Bao Dur would have been better than Disciple...or again, Candyman.

Yep. ^_^  Or in that dancing dress. (The 'underwear' in that game looked more like a military suit or something.)

- That's really not fair, the guys get the Handmaiden to fight with and we get Disciple and his meditation... Booooring! I had already found the best solution to pass time while my force energy refilled before I met the Disciple: Play Pazaak with Atton! :( (No, not Nar Shadaa rules.)

Ah, the dancer's outfit... I was pretty disappointed that Atton never even made a comment. I had both Atton and Disciple with me, and NA-DA. No flustered, blushing Disciple, no drooling Atton... nothing. For shame. <_<

Getting the option of playing pazaak with Nar Shaddaa rules at some point would've been wicked. :thumbsup: I mean, even if they faded out the screen as per the infamous Bastila/Revan kiss in KOTOR 1... Atton could have made some priceless comments after, I'm sure.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I personally wanted everybody as romance options :thumbsup::(

Same here. It would have been nice to have had the option to strike up a relationship with any member of the opposite sex on board (or even the same sex, if the NPC were that way inclined *cough, Disciple, cough*). In KOTOR, I wanted the DS option of rampaging through the galaxy with Canderous at my side. In KOTOR, Bao Dur would have been better than Disciple...or again, Candyman.

Just 3 words:

Kreia or T3 :wub::lol::p

That would have been so weird ;)

Just 3 words:

Kreia or T3 :wub:  :lol:  :p

That would have been so weird ;)

T3??? But how could that possibly be physically...? :(

...You know what? I don't wanna know. :p

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

^ Remind you can do EVERYTHING with droids

On Dantooine atleast :(

And if I "needed" a droid I would rather take HK

Exile: "Give me some love, HK"

*One Horrifying scream later*

Exile: "You shot me, you really shot me"

HK: "Yes, I love you, master"

Exile: "I prefer Hanharr's way"

Hanharr: You called for me master?"

Hanharr: "OK, let's get going"

Exile: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"