Any reason to pick consular over sentinel?

The topic pretty much says it all. I can't really think of a single reason to take a consular over a sentinel, other than a measly 2 FP's per level (and it's largely unanimously agreed that FP's aren't exactly hard to come by, regardless of class). A sentinel gets more VP's, more SP's, more class skills, and most importantly, more feats. The sentinel is tougher in combat and just about as deadly with the force (slightly fewer FP and no +2 DC bonus). Can anyone make a compelling argument for the consular?

The topic pretty much says it all. I can't really think of a single reason to take a consular over a sentinel, other than a measly 2 FP's per level (and it's largely unanimously agreed that FP's aren't exactly hard to come by, regardless of class). A sentinel gets more VP's, more SP's, more class skills, and most importantly, more feats. The sentinel is tougher in combat and just about as deadly with the force (slightly fewer FP and no +2 DC bonus). Can anyone make a compelling argument for the consular?

The consular gets more force powers and force points and it

I'm going Consular this time also, with only Dueling and no off-hand saber (well, maybe way down the road). I like Consulars, though. :( Probably because I'm used to playing Mages or Wizards in EQ or WoW.

The bonus punch to their Force powers, plus (if male) the +WIS bonus to Defense learned from Brianna, plus the extra Force points (especially in the first 10 levels or so), all add up to bingo bango fun for me.

But, I get off on watching my Lightning Storm take out entire rooms very quickly. :ermm:

evil_twin.jpg

if you go consular go dark side, either that or make sure you have a lots of charisma as well as wisdom if you plan to go light side

light sided consulars are not as much fun and are pretty useless since they can only really use one or two offensive force powers without a large fp penalty

the way light side is set up is that most light sided force powers are designed to buff up your offensive physical attacks so generally speaking only go LS if you intend on being a guardian/sentinel, DS you can be anything really since you aren't at much of a disadvantage no matter what you do

If you want a challenge you could go for consular, as the combat in KOTOR II is quite easy compared to the original. Third time I played through I was a Jedi Consular/ Sith Lord. It made the final fight quite difficult.

Actually I found the final fight easier as a consular/sith lord than as a sentinel/weapon master. As a Sith Lord I could just force wave the sabers away, then force crush them individually until they died. As a weaponmaster I had to constantly recharge my verpine shield & use life packs, and then I just won by charging for Kreia and flurrying her with juyo.

Heh. I didn't realise I was 'supposed to' attack the flying sabers, so I just went straight for Kreia. I was a Guardian/Weaponmaster, I think she went down in a couple of Flurries, maybe three. I didn't take significant damage from her flying sabers.

I was then terribly disappointed this was the ultimate fight the whole game had been building up to.

EDIT: Oh, and to stay at least slightly on-topic, I can't see any clear advantages by boing Consular, except more potent Force powers (i.e. that they are harder to resist, so every puny thug doesn't Will save against them - I hate that).

With my Weaponmaster mentioned above I never ran out of Force points in the later stages of the game, and using other Jedi in my party to cast defensive powers in the middle stages, it was only in the very beginning I was short on Force points. And being a good melee/saber fighter I didn't miss them.

So I guess in the end it's just down to taste, how you like the class-specific feats and powers etc.

Wow, this ended up being longer than my original post, why didn't I just type this straight away...