What is your Alignment?

Reveilled

Well, if we have an ability scores thread, we might as well have an alignment thread too.

So, post your alignment, and if you want to, why you feel you are that alignment.

Me, I'm Chaotic Neutral, definitely. I value my freedom, but don't use it to further altruistic goals or to deliberately gain my happiness at the expense of others.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Neutral dude

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

lawful evil.

I value my way, and use it to further altruistic goals or to deliberately gain my happiness at the expense of others who i feel are not conducting themselves as they should.

gotta love schadenfreude. ;)

:D

;)

:ph34r:

chaotic neutral with a slight leaning towards good.

Motivation: I both value my freedom and hate planning in any form, im also pretty selfish but generaly help people out if I can without it costing me to much ....

Whatever it is, its chaotic. Sometimes you want to save the world, sometimes you just want to exterminate humanity....

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

hmm .. I thought I was Chaotic Good for a long time! but then I read that every chaotic really hates authority and will go to some lengths to piss 'em off from time to time .. and I never do that! I respect society and laws, but if it's necessary to break them to better help someone (and I'm talking midly here) I will do it in a heart beat ..

sometimes I'm lawful Good .. sometimes I'm chaotic good .. sometimes I'm Chaotic Neutral .. and sometimes I don't really give a ****ing **** about anything!

Fortune favors the bald.

hmm .. I thought I was Chaotic Good for a long time! but then I read that every chaotic really hates authority and will go to some lengths to piss 'em off from time to time .. and I never do that! I respect society and laws, but if it's necessary to break them to better help someone (and I'm talking midly here) I will do it in a heart beat ..

sometimes I'm lawful Good .. sometimes I'm chaotic good .. sometimes I'm Chaotic Neutral .. and sometimes I don't really give a ****ing **** about anything!

Sounds Neutral Good or True Neutral to me.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

no .. because I still belive in doing good or evil .. I want a good society, and I want to help others! and as far as I understand neutral it's more about what works than how it works ..

Fortune favors the bald.

no .. because I still belive in doing good or evil .. I want a good society, and I want to help others! and as far as I understand neutral it's more about what works than how it works ..

True Neutral I mentioned only because you mentioned Chaotic Neutral. Otherwise, Neutral Good people want a "good" society, but feel that as long as it's good, it's...good. Anyway, the most important part is that the greatest number of people are happy. If you believe it can be done effectively either way, you'd be Neutral Good, though the way you feel it could be done best would determine whether you swayed towards Law or Chaos.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Just plain old Neutral Good...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I don't know, sometimes I go out of my way to do good things, but if something is bad and easy to do, and I might get a good laugh out of it I usually let it slide. The other day my friends and I were going to this party and my friend Ariston was getting out of my car and my friend Ryan came by in a truck and slaped him right in the face at like 25 miles per hr. and he had this imprint of a hand across his face, and I couldn't stop laughing. I mean it was hilarious. And then later Ariston was like, "Whats up now?" and started pounding Ryan and gave him a black eye and i couldn't stop laughing then either, so it seems like I enjoy the suffereing of others on some level, but then today I drove this guy I barely know across town in rush hour traffic just because, but then of course afterwards I hated him.

Chaotic Evil? ;)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd say that I'm *usually* Neutral Good, unless I'm having a VERY bad day, then I'll prob'ly act more like a Lawful Neutral or a Chaotic Evil (depending on why I feel bad), on these forums I'd say I act more like a Stupid Evil though... ;)

Hmmm, lets see....

I'm narcisistic, hedonistic, manipulative, self-absorbed perv... So my Aligment is->

Lawful Good (w00t)

Ok Ok maybe Neutral, but thats as low as i go. :devil:

"If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman.

True Neutral I mentioned only because you mentioned Chaotic Neutral.  Otherwise, Neutral Good people want a "good" society, but feel that as long as it's good, it's...good.  Anyway, the most important part is that the greatest number of people are happy.  If you believe it can be done effectively either way, you'd be Neutral Good, though the way you feel it could be done best would determine whether you swayed towards Law or Chaos.

Seems like I should read up on my DnD alignments again .. ^_^

But I think your right a Good Neutral then .. with a tendency to Chaotic from time to time ..

and Laozi .. It seems more like you'r Chaotic Neutral! :(:wub:

Fortune favors the bald.

and Laozi .. It seems more like you'r Chaotic Neutral!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Hey..........thanx

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

This thread goes a long way toward explaining why I hate alignments...

I'm the GM of an AD&D 2e campaign, and I've banned alignments! Choosing an alignment is actually *verboten* for a player!

Instead I will assign one as GM if and when I find it appropriate.

Why?

Because what a particular alignment means depends entirely on who you ask. Ask any player (or GM) about any alignment, and you get a different answer from everyone. With nine alignments, this means a group of four players and a GM will have five different interpretations of any one alignment for a total of 45, and that's way too many.

I once had a player wanting to play neutral evil simply because he thought it was the alignment what would least limit his moral and ethical choices in the game. Think of that what you like, but it does show that players find alignments restrictive.

I don't think so myself - alignments are descriptions, not straight-jackets, so neutral evil is just as "restrictive" as lawful good (remember, though paladins must be lawful good, that doesn't mean all lawful good characters must have a paladin's ethos - those restrictions on the paladin are found in the description of the class, not under the alignment description of lawful good).

But most players don't see it that way, which causes no end of problems. Most other games but D&D have no alignments and still have no problems as a consequence - everybody understands that torturing a prisoner for information or selling people into slavery are not benevolent things to do...

So I banned them and the game runs much smoother as a consequence - no player arguments about alignments being restrictive.

And if you have any doubt about alignments causing more problems than they solve, just read this entire topic...

The defense rests :thumbsup: