Gothic 3 first info and screenshots!

Claws

Do you mean the ones hosted by JoWood?

Yes, those forums. The reason I'm asking is because some of the people here seem quite knowledgeable about Gothic and Piranha Bytes.. Just checking to see if anyone here is someone I might have discussed this with before. I left the Gothic forums after Gothic 2 was released in Sweden, but I've been thinking about returning there.. If I can get used to the very low english language standards there again.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes, those forums. The reason I'm asking is because some of the people here seem quite knowledgeable about Gothic and Piranha Bytes.. Just checking to see if anyone here is someone I might have discussed this with before. I left the Gothic forums after Gothic 2 was released in Sweden, but I've been thinking about returning there.. If I can get used to the very low english language standards there again.

Here's their new G3 boards :huh:

Anyhow, just a quick question: is anyone here but me registered at the official Gothic forums too?

There are official forums now ?

On topic:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bethesda say that Oblivion would cover a landmass which is even bigger than Morrowinds ? How on earth do they hope to make it less steril if they didn't manage it in the predecessor ? Radiant AI sounds neat but it will never substitute well-written NPCs and custom quests and I fear that their solution to the dead world is an automated AI rather than old-fashioned design.

There is a larger landmass because of the forests and wilds. Certain areas are randomly generated I believe, and they go on forever. Don't quote me on that second part though.

I think the graphics definitely better than Oblivion's. And, the Gothic series while I didn't much like it, at least unlike the ES series has some positive aspects that I might actually give G3 a chance to impress me AND actually pay full price for it. :shifty:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think the graphics definitely better than Oblivion's. And, the Gothic series while I didn't much like it, at least unlike the ES series has some positive aspects that I might actually give G3 a chance to impress me AND actually pay full price for it. :shifty:

My thought too. I find the art direction better, and the pose of this orc looks awesome... But I don't like the Scavengers. They do remind me too much of my silly parrot.

@Baley

Click onto the link. :blink:

I think the graphics definitely better than Oblivion's. And, the Gothic series while I didn't much like it, at least unlike the ES series has some positive aspects that I might actually give G3 a chance to impress me AND actually pay full price for it. ;)

My thought too. I find the art direction better, and the pose of this orc looks awesome... But I don't like the Scavengers. They do remind me too much of my silly parrot.

@Baley

Click onto the link. :)

It doesn't load :shifty: ...It gives me an error :blink:

I think the graphics definitely better than Oblivion's. And, the Gothic series while I didn't much like it, at least unlike the ES series has some positive aspects that I might actually give G3 a chance to impress me AND actually pay full price for it.

Did you try Gothic I, or only G2?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Let's just hope Piranha Bytes makes an appearance on E3. Then we'll get a flood of new pictures and movies and what not. It feels a little weird though.. The Gothic games have always had average graphics (and way above average art design) so I don't understand why they're suddenly aiming at being at the top of the graphic food chain. The best thing about the graphics in both Gothic and Gothic 2 was, according to me, the amazing viewing distance. It wasn't as spectacular as Far Cry, but you could still stand on a mountain and admire a town in the valley below. I loved that. I hope that'll still be possible in Gothic 3.

Let's just hope Piranha Bytes makes an appearance on E3. Then we'll get a flood of new pictures and movies and what not. It feels a little weird though.. The Gothic games have always had average graphics (and way above average art design) so I don't understand why they're suddenly aiming at being at the top of the graphic food chain. The best thing about the graphics in both Gothic and Gothic 2 was, according to me, the amazing viewing distance. It wasn't as spectacular as Far Cry, but you could still stand on a mountain and admire a town in the valley below. I loved that. I hope that'll still be possible in Gothic 3.

Don't remind me...framerate was horrible in G2 :thumbsup:

I could only play it well with view distance at half :(

Don't remind me...framerate was horrible in G2 sad.gif

I could only play it well with view distance at half

WEll, not that horrible.... even on my Duron800 Geforce2 system i could cope with that.. i mean, yeah, it was laggy, but not to the point where i couldn't fight or sumtihn.

But yeah, G2's engine was flawed. G1 was running smoothly on my sys. Well, they just wanted to crunch some new features into the old engine...

The video card doesn't matter...just RAM

I played it on both a 5900xt and a Geforce 4MX...same performance :thumbsup:

I might be a little unfair I could still play it at max view but it was like 15-20 frames :(...in city ,outside it was way better :)

Gothic 3 is confirmed for E3.

TYPICAL. And we're not going this year! This was supposed to be the year when I attended E3.. Geez, just my luck.

Better luck next year, I guess.