Gothic 3 first info and screenshots!

Claws

Ahahhhhhhhhhhh GOthic

I love it

It was good with mediocre graphics, and now with this beauty it's just........ amazing.

I'm sure that it'll rock.

And I'm not sure if Oblivion will rock.

Althought the engines are pretty much identical in graphical beauty.

Too bad I won't be able to play them both.

Ahahhhhhhhhhhh GOthic

I love it

It was good with mediocre graphics, and now with this beauty it's just........ amazing.

I'm sure that it'll rock.

And I'm not sure if Oblivion will rock.

Althought the engines are pretty much identical in graphical beauty.

Too bad I won't be able to play them both.

Why not? You live in Russia right? :rolleyes:

I absolutely adored the overall dirty, pseudo-realistic look of Gothic 1. The second one threw in a bit of general fantasy artsiness, but wasn't half bad. It was mostly the textures that were the saving factor. The harbor, the burned ground of Ore Valley, the tombs and Onars farm(just examples) presented a variety of different themes, but all were places which I found very believable graphically. I hope this way of doing this continues with Piranha Byte's later releases. None of that over the top mmorpg style(Guild Wars being an exception with it's artful look). I want desert monsters who look like like desert monsters in a believable desert, with badass freaking nomads who you wouldn't ever mess with. Not because they have glowing armor and gigantic purple flamberg

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And scavenger tossing

Is that anything like salad tossing? :shifty:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

And scavenger tossing

Is that anything like salad tossing? :blink:

More like dwarf tossing. :thumbsup:"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I really don't understand why people are so excited about Oblivion. All Bethesda did in the past were huge empty worlds with a bare minium of story and medicore artwork. So why this shoud change with their next title, considering that they made a huge profit with Morrowind, is beyond me. But if you like the style of gameplay more kudos to you.

Piranha Bytes on the other hand created two games which had an solid story (Gothic 1) or at least decently told (Gothic 2) and their world-building skills exceed those of Bethesda by far. I don't know how many times I just stood in both Gothics and was in awe about the majesty and realism of the world. At least Gothic has NPCs with personality and not some sloppy disguised hyper-terminal connection to http://morrowind.wikipedia.org. And I think both Morrowind and Gothic had similar amount of roleplaying considering that your race and class choices never really had an effect upon the gameworld.

I dare to say that maybe some people are a little blinded by Oblivions shiny new graphics and the empty (and vague) promises Bethesda makes about how they want to make the world seem more lively. All I read is about some new AI but nothing about unique NPCs or a more stringent plot.

Maybe some people still remember Daggerfall and believe Bethesda can make an immersive game like that once again with Oblivion? I am hoping Morrowind was just a one time failure (probably because they underestimated just how much work it would take to fill such a huge world with interesting stuff) and that they go back to the successful formula they used in Daggerfall. They have promised to focus more on fewer but much more detailed NPC's (one of the main problems in both Daggerfall and Morrowind) and if they can stay away from the ridiculously huge dungeons of Daggerfall and the totally pointless mini-dungeons of Morrowind, then they'll do fine. Unless they release a buggy mess that's almost unplayable.. (Arena).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm not sure about what to expect from Oblivion. You cannot know for sure yet.

But I know this: Morrowind's world was DEAD. Totally lifeless and gray. I mean, it was just a munch-paradise, with lots of loot, dungeons, monsters, places to visit..... but it lacked actual role-playing and interactivity.

Gothic was quite the opposite. And I'm talkiing about Gothic 1, czu Gothic2 was just a wee bit .. less original and interesting, i'm sure many agree to this. Anyway, i love them both.

And I'm sure that Gothic 3 will be even more live and interactive, and immersive. If they'll succeed in implementing some advanced AI system, like Bethesda plans for Oblivion, then it would be just great.

Guys comparing Gothic series to Elder Scrolls series is a sin. They are worlds apart.

Although I think the next Elder Scrolls will actually be good, not cuz of the graphics, but Bethesda knows what went wrong with Morrowind; the static world, boring NPCs, abysmal combat. They have stated numerous times in interviews that they are really trying to address these problems, hence the new "Radiant AI" which is very similar to Gothic's AI where each NPC has a 24 hour task schedule, the new dialogue system, and the new combat system.

Guys comparing Gothic series to Elder Scrolls series is a sin. They are worlds apart.

No not really...the general style is kinda similar...free world...hundreds of NPC...same types of camera view.

Just that Gothic was a far better game :lol: ...while G2 was IMO as bad as MW ;)

No not really...the general style is kinda similar...free world...hundreds of NPC...same types of camera view.

Just that Gothic was a far better game :wub: ...while G2 was IMO as bad as MW :thumbsup:

Actually, Gothic/Gothic 2 didn't have "hundreds" of NPC's. They had quite a few interesting characters, but I guess the total amount would be around 100 or less. Also, the characters in the Gothic universe felt like real people, as they had different schedules and tasks and personalities. In Morrowind, every NPC was the same, and you could get the same information from a child as from a cityguard or a shopkeeper. The "dialogue" system seen in Daggerfall/Morrowind must be the worst ever in any computer RPG series.

You, Baley, are the reason I wish they'd remove the post counter altogether. It seems you post everywhere right now, with more intention of getting that number up than actually adding to the discussion.

Anyhow, just a quick question: is anyone here but me registered at the official Gothic forums too?

Ha if I do 100 posts a day I'll have more posts than Hades in 71 days  o:)  :blink:

Baley, calm down! It's life Jim, but not as we know it! It's worse than that -- he's dead, Jim .... She canna take it, Cap'n!

You are going to blow a gasket, or somethin'! :- :ph34r:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You, Baley, are the reason I wish they'd remove the post counter altogether. It seems you post everywhere right now, with more intention of getting that number up than actually adding to the discussion.

Yes, have you heard of "Edit"? o:) Geez, that would really rot your socks if they took away the post counter...! :blink:

OT: Who is Hades moonlighting as now?

Anyhow, just a quick question: is anyone here but me registered at the official Gothic forums too?

No. Why, is it any good?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT