Capital Ships

What capital ship style is your favorite?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What capital ship style is your favorite?

• Star Destroyer (and all variants from Clone Wars & KOTOR eras)
    • Mon Calimari Cruisers
    • "Harbinger" Republic warships (as seen in KOTOR1 & KOTOR2)
    • Trade Federation "battleships"
    • Nebulon frigates (like the Rebel "medical frigates")
    • "Tantive IV" Corellian Corvettes (from Ep. 3 & 4)
    • Some other style
    • I prefer lowercase ships

My favourite are republic starships shown in Dark Lords of the Sith near the planet Deneba. They have very star wars style but they differs from other known designs. KOTOR starships are lame clones of GL movies' designs.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Like Mon Calimari cruiser best.

Something about their sleek, almost organic design appeals to me.

I prefer the Star Destroyer for some reason,I'm the sort of person that would take heavily armored and heavy guns and alot of em over a speedy blockade runner,It was pretty hard to transact from heavy armor to robes for me In the KOTOR series,for atleast half of the times I'd replayed KOTOR 1 and 2 I used heavy armor,than I tried out force storm for fun,and that made the transaction alot easier. :thumbsup:

but back on topic,Yeah,I like the Super Star Destroyers even more,more armor,more guns,better shielding,the works.

I remember reading somewhere once in some D20 rulebook/sourcebook, that the Mon Calamari cruisers were actually luxury cruise liners, converted into warships at the time of the founding of the rebel alliance. They sided with the rebellion and handed over what ships they had, then added weaponry and other military stuff to them.

Since it was somewhat old stuff, it might have been replaced with newer canon though, you never know. Besides, on-topic, I like the good old triangular star destroyers :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I remember reading somewhere once in some D20 rulebook/sourcebook, that the Mon Calamari cruisers were actually luxury cruise liners, converted into warships at the time of the founding of the rebel alliance. They sided with the rebellion and handed over what ships they had, then added weaponry and other military stuff to them.

Since it was somewhat old stuff, it might have been replaced with newer canon though, you never know. Besides, on-topic, I like the good old triangular star destroyers :huh:

wait,you mean you didn't know the Mon Calamari were originally peaceful and their ships cruise liners?Yes!I knew something that somebody else didn't!my goal in life is complete,now I may die in peace. :D

My favourite are republic starships shown in Dark Lords of the Sith near the planet Deneba. They have very star wars style but they differs from other known designs. KOTOR starships are lame clones of GL movies' designs.

Man, you're predictable. You might want to petition god for a less prosiac mind

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The Harbinger type ships have a nice design (despite the hammer head :huh: ) and look like they pack some firepower.

The whole Harbinger v.s. Ebon Hawk fight at Peragus was the sort of thing I was looking forward to seeing in KOTOR1.

YEAH , but for me, size is cool. The Harbinger is about 200 meters long (As seen from the Peragus mining view) and Star Destroyer are 1600 meters long. Then we have the 17.5 kilometer Executor class ships....no, star destroyerss are best. Also the new republic trashed most calamari ships and built new republic star destroyers

Mace Windu: Palpatine, we have come to arrest you.

Palpatine: Want a banana?

Mace Windu: ....

YEAH , but for me, size is cool.  The Harbinger is about 200 meters long (As seen from the Peragus mining view) and Star Destroyer are 1600 meters long.  Then we have the 17.5 kilometer Executor class ships....no, star destroyerss are best.  Also the new republic trashed most calamari ships and built new republic star destroyers

are you sure?I thought they kept some,I know they trashed the hell out of most of em but didn't they keep a few and upgrade them?