KotoR II's music

Hi all,

To be able to listen to the soundtrack outside of the first KotoR game, i had to download it from some site, then get some program that copied the originals and converted them into Mp3's.

Is there anything similar to do to listen to KotoR II's music outside of the game?

Anybody know where I can get it?

Thanks,

Grimlock

Why would you want to listen to K2's music anyway? I like K1's was far more better. K2's was just too blan, mellow, and just plain boring for my taste. :ph34r:

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Why would you want to listen to K2's music anyway? I like K1's was far more better. K2's was just too blan, mellow, and just plain boring for my taste. :ph34r:

Well, that's your taste. Personally, I love the music that's playing when you go back to Dantooine to meet with the Jedi, and I know I'm not the only one.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Really?

I kind of preferred KOTOR2's music. KOTOR1 sounded too much like elevator music to me personally.

I agree though KOTOR2 isn't the kind of music I would listen to in my car, but I think it was well done for the mood and style of the game.

I prefer KOTOR I music to KOTOR II. The only piece of music that I liked was the rebuilt jedi enclave. My favorite music from KOTOR I was the beginning of the Endar Spire.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

If you have WinAmp:

Copy the files (unless you wan't to be unable to play KOTOR2)

Rename them to *.mp3

Play them...

(Advice: wait untill the High-quality Stereo patch is here)

(Advice: Use MS-DOS' command rename *.* *.* to get all of them to MP3 real fast)

----------------------------------------

Thanks for that!

I;ve got winamp, but have no idea how to rename files to .mp3s!!

Is it too much of a complicated process to explain, or is it easy?

Thanks again,

Grimlock

Go to DOS

Go to the directory you saved the (copied) files in (not KOTOR2's originals)

(Example CD C:\KOTOR2files\music)

Then type *.wav *.mp3 (make sure only KOTOR2's music files are in there, I guess you don't want some other wav's suddenly be mp3's

Type exit (to go back to Windows)

Play them...

Or slect the copied files (right mouse) and edit xxx.wav to xxx.mp3 (xxx for the files name). This takes longer but is safer.

If extensions don't display go to Extra, map options, display, hide extensions for known files (or like that)

Or you can use MILES. This way you can keep the originals (handy if you run low on space). I don't know alot about this way, as I just use Winamp instead...

I liked both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 musics for different reason.

The K2 battle themes and meeting the Jedi again on Dantooine are my favorite themes of K2.

On the other hand, Bastila's theme and Sith Battle and Old Republic tracks from K1 are my all time favorites.

Well, that's your taste. Personally, I love the music that's playing when you go back to Dantooine to meet with the Jedi, and I know I'm not the only one.

You're not the only one. That music, think it's called Ruins of the Academy, is really great.

I think the overall music in KOTOR 2 was superior to KOTOR 1, in that Jeremy Soule's music failed to capture the Star Wars mood completely. Griskey succeeded in that better - though it still didn't come close to Williams' music imo.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that considering the games are very much centered around the nature of the force, that the force theme is remarkably absent - completely, even, in Griskey's score?

Also, is it only on my comp, or does it not matter ingame whether the musicfiles' extensions are .wav or .mp3?

Arghhhh totally annoyed now, Dos won't always open, and when I type in the location of the file it doesn't appear! it says it's not a recognized command / promt etc..

Don't forget to type "CD" (without quotes) infront of the path you want it to go...

It is needed to jump there...

If it's on a other drive than C:\ (or you want back to C:\ if you went wrong) though use C:\ or D:\ or E:\ etc without CD

And then start CD (map/submap/submap from submap etc.)

(EDIT: Extra: Also note, only copy the mus_xxx files, not the bed_xxx, as these are not the songs, only background noise)

And yet more EDIT: The Rebuild Enclave song is MUS A 650, for anybody interested in that one...

That piece is called : "The jedi", in the Kotor2 score. Not only was it the piece that played at the rebuilt jedi enclave, it was also the one in the movie called : "The death of Malchor V" that marks the end of the game when you play LS, I know some people have mixed feelings about the end, but I thought the movie was ok, if somewhat short.

What's with this rebuilt enclave BTW ? who did that, did the jedi do it with the force ? the rebuilt enclave dosen't make any sense to me.

Hmm.. not very impressed with KOTOR2 soundtracks.....

but really loved the music that first starts when you and Kreia walk into the Enclave, and she sits on the fountain. Then, this theme is used almost all the time till the end.

Really beautiful.

Otherwise, everything is too backgroundish.

I liked the Jedi Outcast soundtrack much more.

Hmm.. not very impressed with KOTOR2 soundtracks.....

but really loved the music that first starts when you and Kreia walk into the Enclave, and she sits on the fountain. Then, this theme is used almost all the time till the end.

Really beautiful.

Otherwise, everything is too backgroundish.

I liked the Jedi Outcast soundtrack much more.

I agree with the 'backgroundish' description. However well done the tracks are, they don't impress, except in a few instances; whereas in Kotor1 I stopped the action several times just to listen to a particular piece. Maybe that's personal preference, or maybe I just felt K2's was a bit too 'traditional'. It wasn't annoying--it just wasn't something I paid much attention to, even when I replayed just for that purpose.