Character Ages

I had a brief discussion about in-game appearance elsewhere and came to the conlcusion that I 'see' them differently than most - in-game, all the human model NPC's w/the exception of Kreia look between 28-35 to me. All of them.

But game/story-wise...I think that over 35 for Atton would be pushing it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

silvershadow what is the max age you would put on Atton?

Logically i would say early 40's from the game i would say 20's (he looks like a babyface) form the avatar pics they have here i would say 40's again (he looks like an eveil scumbag in thos pics)

I figured he was about 30-35. I wouldn't have put him as old as 40, though.

And yes, he does look like an evil scumbag in those avatars. Me no likey.

I like my scumbags friendly-looking, thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

silvershadow what is the max age you would put on Atton?

Logically i would say early 40's from the game i would say 20's (he looks like a babyface) form the avatar pics they have here i would say 40's again (he looks like an eveil scumbag in thos pics)

Unless the Republic uses children soldiers he could be at youngest 28-29. Though I prefer to think of him about 5 years older than that.

In this case I prefer to believe such things has changed, since the Disciple certainly both looks and acts older than 17 in the game.

Not to mention the "ick" factor over the fact he's in love with a woman in her 30s. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Unless the Republic uses children soldiers he could be at youngest 28-29. Though I prefer to think of him about 5 years older than that.

You appear to have used the same logic I did in figuring out his age. :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

In this case I prefer to believe such things has changed, since the Disciple certainly both looks and acts older than 17 in the game.

Not to mention the "ick" factor over the fact he's in love with a woman in her 30s. :thumbsup:

whats wrong with that? there are plenty of women who are hot and in their 30's or if you mean ick cos 17 is too young well then bear in mind the theory that a man's *eating* prime is around that age :)

You appear to have used the same logic I did in figuring out his age. :thumbsup:

I assume he would have to be at least 18 by the time of the mandalorian wars. Since he was just a soldier he could be that young, but I don't think the republic was desperate enough to recruit kids, so he couldn't be younger.

That would put him with 28-30 in KoTOR 2. So, I guess you're right.

whats wrong with that? there are plenty of women who are hot and in their 30's or if you mean ick cos 17 is too young well then bear in mind the theory that a man's *eating* prime is around that age :)

That is true... however you seem to forget that due to their young age, they have not had much experience *eating*, so they might not know how to work their fork properly. Or they might eat too quickly. Therefore making the 30-something woman prefer an older man like Atton, who, let's face it, has probably eaten his way through the galaxy.

(this metaphor is starting to get a little out of hand.) :thumbsup:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I don't think the republic was desperate enough to recruit kids, so he couldn't be younger.

unless they subscribed to the idea back then that being a 'grown up' started at age 12, like some cultures have in history, and some still do...still being a 'kid' below 18 is a relatively recent development in human history - as stoffe mentioned, who knows what the star wars universe 4000 years ago thought? :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Therefore making the 30-something woman prefer an older man like Atton, who, let's face it, has probably eaten his way through the galaxy.

Then you should try to get Nihilus number. He ate a planet after all. But he had a indigestion with the Exile (Maybe he choked with the food...) (w00t)

Too much information... :thumbsup: This is a game forum with minors present (at least judging from the content of some posts, no offense meant if someone feels this pertains to them). While kids discuss things like eating habits at kindergarten nowadays we should probably at least attempt to stick to the illusion of political correctness and stay on topic. :)

That said, I don't get the impression that the Disciple is romantically interested in the Exile. I see it more as Hero Worship, she's a role model that he admires greatly. Someone who impressed him so much when he was a kid that he couldn't forget her. :)

That said, I don't get the impression that the Disciple is romantically interested in the Exile. I see it more as Hero Worship, she's a role model that he admires greatly. Someone who impressed him so much when he was a kid that he couldn't forget her. :thumbsup:

I don't know about that... in the cut ending, what Kreia says to him seems to point to the fact that he does have romantic feelings for the Exile...
Think. Think before you throw away your life for her. Think of everything you will lose by dying. A love, requited.

I think there is the hero worship aspect, but I also think he's in love with her.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

That said, I don't get the impression that the Disciple is romantically interested in the Exile.

He has a few subtle lines that could be interpreted that way. I see it as hero worship bordering on Major Crush - particularly if you're Light sided.

unless they subscribed to the idea back then that being a 'grown up' started at age 12, like some cultures have in history, and some still do...still being a 'kid' below 18 is a relatively recent development in human history - as stoffe mentioned, who knows what the star wars universe 4000 years ago thought? :D

That's true, don't know enough about the "standard" culture within the Republic to know when they concider various species to be adult. It's easy to think of things in terms of ones own culture as universal.

After all, the Jedi Order appear to be training kids as warriors as soon as they are old enough to hold a training lightsaber. :thumbsup:

I don't think the republic was desperate enough to recruit kids, so he couldn't be younger.

But the societies you refer to set those standards because it wasn't usual to have warriors living past their fourties. They didn't have antibiotics and stuff, so a arrow in your asscould easily kill you that if the flu didn't do it first. Although the KoTOR story is set 4000 years ago the society portrayed in it is far more advanced than ours and you have examples of older warrior in both games (Jolee and Kreia) and in the movies (Yoda, Dooku and Kenobi).

So? Just because one culture decided that with longer lives came a longer childhood, doesn't mean every single other culture would.

After all, the Jedi Order appear to be training kids as warriors as soon as they are old enough to hold a training lightsaber. :-

They don't train kids as warriors. They take kids into training because their minds are more opened to the force and that makes things easier.

As for being able to hold a lightsabre, any kid can do it, since the blade has no weight. :thumbsup:

Regardless, I'm pretty sure Atton's got a good 10 years on Disciple... and there's no way Disciple is under 18, based on appearance and behavior alone.

I'd still put Atton around 30-35, and Disciple around 20-22.

Of course, that's just what I think, based on my own biased opinions. :thumbsup:

If you think Atton must be in his 20s just because he's got a baby face, bear in mind that Carth doesn't exactly look 38 in KOTOR1 either... I honestly thought he was around 30, 32 tops.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

So? Just because one culture decided that with longer lives came a longer childhood, doesn't mean every single other culture would.

Well, thats pretty much common sense. If you die early you must mature early, otherwise you will die as a child. But if your people is used to long lives, why would you send kids to war when you have perfectly capable, more experienced other adult warriors.

Carth went to fight the mandalorians. Dustil stayed with his mom.

Well, thats pretty much common sense. If you die early you must mature early, otherwise you will die as a child. But if your people is used to long lives, why would you send kids to war when you have perfectly capable, more experienced other adult warriors.

That's false logic to assume that because it's common sense that it follows that a cultural attitude must change. It's also false logic to think that it requires being years and years older to be able to learn that physical things like poking sticks at rattlesnakes and tossing rocks at boars with big tusks can hurt you (ie basic survival).

But if you want to go with theory, It's actually more likely, knowing human nature, that the longer the lives, the more fearful people become of losing them (more to lose) and therefore they want to protect their children by sheltering them longer. Which one could argue in some certain ways, actually hampers mental maturity. Not that I actually believe that, really...but one could argue it.