Character Ages

This is slightly frivolous, but I was wondering what the character age ranges were. It helps to give some context to the game. Perhaps the strategy guide says something, or I just missed any specific references in the game. I assume that the Exile is around 30. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Royal

The exile should be in his mid to late thirties, being a war veteran and going through a long exile after that.

As for Revan, he should have been around 25 by the time of KoTOR 1 and aroun 30 by now, I guess, but I could easily be wrong. :-

This is slightly frivolous, but I was wondering what the character age ranges were.  It helps to give some context to the game.  Perhaps the strategy guide says something, or I just missed any specific references in the game.  I assume that the Exile is around 30.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Royal

It's pretty much a matter of speculation since the game gives little clues. What I imagine is:

Exile - 38 or so... was old enough 10 years ago to be a full Jedi Knight who helped in training new recruits and experienced enough to lead troops to war. Looks 10 years younger than she is, since it's hinted (by Mira) that she stopped aging physically when she was cut off from the force.

Mira - 25 or so... she was fighting at the end of the Mandalorian wars 10 years ago, though it was hinted she was fairly young at the time.

Visas - Hard to tell... I imagine her to be around 30, or just below. Don't know if Miraluka have a different lifespan than humans.

Handmaiden - Comes off as fairly young, judging by her manners and how her half-sisters treat her. 22-23 or so?

Bao-Dur - No idea, don't know how long the average lifespan of a Zabrak is. I'd say he's about about middle-aged or just below, however long that might be.

Kreia - 60-65 or so... It is hinted that she might be younger than she looks, since at least some of her creases and age wrinkles are actually Darkside disfigurations (as hinted by the Disciple). Still, old enough to have been a Jedi Master, Council Member and then a Sith Lord for at least 5 years.

Atton - I'd guess about 35... Old enough to have been a Republic soldier in the mandalorian wars.

Disciple - Fairly young, about 22 or so... That would have made him a 12 year old kid back before the Mandalorian started and he was (briefly) trained in the force by the Exile at the Dantooine enclave, when he developed his Hero Worship for her.

T3M4 - 5 years old. :- He was built on Taris just prior to its destruction 5 yeard ago.

HK47 - 7-8 years... Built after the mandalorian wars ended and at the beginning of Revan and Malaks campaign as Sith.

G0T0 - Younger than 5 years I'd guess. While Telos was bombed to a radiactive ball before Revan was dethroned by Malak, I doubt the Republic would have the resources to waste beginning to restore Telos while still at open war with Revan's Sith Empire. So I'd say G0T0 was built shortly after the war ended to aid the Ithorian restoration project on Telos.

Mandalore - I'd say around 55 or so. Don't know if Mandalorian lifespan is longer than the average human though. He's a veteran soldier who was fairly high in the mandalorian ranks during the Mandalorian War.

Didn't Revan fight in the Mandalorian Wars as well? Isn't he also a veteran? I agree that the Exile would probably be in his late 30s but I think Revan would be around that age as well.

Yes, but I always thought Revan to be younger thanthe Exile. Not sure why. :-

But I said Revan should be in his 30's by now. I said he was around 25 by the time of KoTOR 1. The exile was out of the picture for that time.

Yes, but I always thought Revan to be younger thanthe Exile. Not sure why. :)

That's funny, I always thought Exile to be younger than Revan... though not by much. I figured they were close in age.

*shrug*

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Yes, but I always thought Revan to be younger thanthe Exile. Not sure why. :)

That's funny, I always thought Exile to be younger than Revan... though not by much. I figured they were close in age.

*shrug*

I think that I came up with that because everyone says Revan is such a prodigious Jedi. So I always think of him of someone that achieved his goals early in his life. And that is not said about the exile. But since LA never told us their age, I think is't a matter of opinion and how we see our own characters.

I think that I came up with that because everyone says Revan is such a prodigious Jedi. So I always think of him of someone that achieved his goals early in his life. And that is not said about the exile. But since LA never told us their age, I think is't a matter of opinion and how we see our own characters.

Mmmh... good point... I think my opinion of Revan's age was skewed due to the fact that I always played a female Revan and I always pictured her to be closer in age to Carth... because really, if she was 25 during KOTOR 1, that would make her what, 5 years older than his son? :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

HK was built during the Mandalorian Wars. In K1 he says that he was sent to an assasination mission to Mandalorian space. A mandalorian soldier "claimed him as booty" and sent him on Mandalore himself (as HK said "his poorest performance" :) ).

Or so I renember it.

Mmmh... good point... I think my opinion of Revan's age was skewed due to the fact that I always played a female Revan and I always pictured her to be closer in age to Carth... because really, if she was 25 during KOTOR 1, that would make her what, 5 years older than his son? :)

OMG! Carth is a pedophyle creep! (w00t)

OMG! Carth is a pedophyle creep! (w00t)

Mmmh... That might explain why he got paired up with Mission in that "couples" thread...

I mean... hey! Stop saying bad things about Carth! :)

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

I figured that the Exile was slightly younger than Revan as well. It just seemed that the Exile was less experienced, or at least a "newer" knight. I think the Exile was close in age to Atton; it's especially obvious in the feamle story. He treats Disciple as the "kid" and acts as though the Exile is closer to his own age. So they are probably both around 35. I think Disciple at 22/3 is accurate as well.

As for Carth, I believe he was around 38-40. Was Dustil 20? I thought he was 16, maybe it was just his demeanor lol.

Royal

(from the BioWare/LucasArts site)

Carth is 38

Revan is 33

Dustil/Mission's 16

Jolee is 50ish? all i could find :lol:

T3-M4= Toddler

HK-47= Ageless

Ah-HAH! I thought Revan was in her 30s. :p

That's weird about Mission though, cause she mentions in the game how she's 14 (or was it 13? Regardless, it was definitely not 16.).

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------

Disciple - Fairly young, about 22

I usually like older men, but yeehaaw I'm having fun robbin' the cradle so to speak, this time around. :lol:

The age ranges stoffe listed are pretty much the ones I've seen bantered about in various threads, and from what I glean from story and fans, they sound like pretty good guesses to me.

Btw, not being all that familiar with SW lore - what's the general cut-off age for becoming a Padawan? Just curious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Btw, not being all that familiar with SW lore - what's the general cut-off age for becoming a Padawan? Just curious.

Well I'm not sure, but judging by Epsiode I, I think 7 is the cut off date--and they were making an exception for Anakin. I would assume it is around 7 though. I read somewhere that a younglin recieves a master at 13 and usually is a jedi by 25. It is not unlike the whole Medieval knight system. A page at 7, a Squire at 14, and a knight by 21. Although, I'm sure the Council knights people faster based on need or abilities.

Royal

That's weird about Mission though, cause she mentions in the game how she's 14 (or was it 13? Regardless, it was definitely not 16.).

yeah sorry about that Mission was 14 in K1 i got em mixed up :lol:

I'd say em babysnatching jedi take em right from the cradle :p

But if Disciple was 12 at the start of the Mandolorian wars, why would he think the Exile might take him as a Padawan? Maybe they mixed it up and he was hoping the Exile would be the Master for the next step? He does talk about failing the first test or something.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I'm not sure, but judging by Epsiode I, I think 7 is the cut off date--and they were making an exception for Anakin.  I would assume it is around 7 though.

A lot can change in 4000 years though, so the KotOR era Jedi Order wouldn't necessarily have the same code and rules as the Movie era Order would.

And concidering that the Jedi Order was down to 1 Jedi Master (the Exile), a handful of neophyte apprentices and a redeemed Sith by the end of TSL (assuming you play lightside of course), they could pretty much have changed what they wanted when they rebuilt the Order. :thumbsup:

In this case I prefer to believe such things has changed, since the Disciple certainly both looks and acts older than 17 in the game.

Good point stoffe - maybe Padawans were done around age 10-13 'back then'. I must admit I was thinking of little Anakin when I asked that question. :D

Good point stoffe - maybe Padawans were done around age 10-13 'back then'. I must admit I was thinking of little Anakin when I asked that question. :D

I will change my terminology a bit lol. I believe any new jedi brought in are called "younglings" (based on Ep2) until they recieve a master at around 13 I believe (its in the sw.com databank someplace) I don't read much Expanded Universe material so that could be wrong. Once they become an apprentice then they are "padawans". If you watch the bonus material on Episode I, the point of the padawan braid was too indicate how many years they had been a padawan (the only hair that was not cut). At least that's how the convionced Ewan Mcgregor to shave his head and wear a braid :thumbsup: Just an inetresting piece does not really help tell the initiation age though. (unless you can read hair like the rings on a tree trunk!)

Royal

hey. can someone please tell me where i can get the silver lightsaber crystal from. thanks.

Okay, not to sound bitchy or anything, but seriously, knock it off. This is at least the second unrelated thread you post this question in. Question was answered.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

--------------