Running a Call of Cthulhu game

Reveilled

The Camarilla has chapters world wide.

When I was in the Cam we road-tripped alot, and players travelled quite a bit from game to game. Not to mention, people play online. It's one huge world-wide chronicle. Your actions in one city can affect characters on another continent, quite literally.

I left the Cam a few years back. Honestly, I had a love-hate relationship. The LARPing was some of the best roleplaying experiences I've ever had, hands down. But Vampire is a very political game, and people never seem to leave the jihad mentality. It's a very favortist, corrupt organization at the higher levels, and I got sick of it.

Individual local chapters are often quite good, but don't get too involved with the bureaucracy of the organization.

Last time I checked, White Wolf's website has a section for the Camarilla.

.. isn't that the plot of a film?

Assassinating hitler certainly is. But the cthulhoid beasties and the mind-altering unstitching of reality were not so far as I know. Anyway, after that i made do with a cricket bat. If it couldn't be killed with a cricket bat then it was time to hit the books or run away.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Camarilla has chapters world wide.

When I was in the Cam we road-tripped alot, and players travelled quite a bit from game to game.  Not to mention, people play online.  It's one huge world-wide chronicle.  Your actions in one city can affect characters on another continent, quite literally.

I left the Cam a few years back.  Honestly, I had a love-hate relationship.  The LARPing was some of the best roleplaying experiences I've ever had, hands down.  But Vampire is a very political game, and people never seem to leave the jihad mentality.  It's a very favortist, corrupt organization at the higher levels, and I got sick of it.

Individual local chapters are often quite good, but don't get too involved with the bureaucracy of the organization.

Last time I checked, White Wolf's website has a section for the Camarilla.

Never heard of it. (That was a topical humourism, the number one single in the UK charts has just recently been Show Me The Way to Amarillo, rereleased by Tony Christie, who was given the Keys to the City, donchaknow.)

Corrupt? A game hierarchy? What "power" has corrupted them? Political leadership of an online clan? :-

>_<

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I met one of their leaders a few years ago. And yes, if a little corrupts a little, a TINY amount of power corrupts absolutely.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I tend to game with folks I know for one reason or another already. The last time I invited someone from online to game, she acted as if I were a pervert simply for asking her if she'd like to join our game. ...And that's someone who went to the same school, for crying out loud. I can't even blame her, since I worry about meeting strangers to play.

My DnD games are parties. We usually grill something, have snacks and dessert, a wide variety of beverages. Everyone has showered recently. We all practice personal hygeine. I don't want to end up in a weird group that takes this stuff too seriously.

So, while I'd love to play in a Lovecraftian campaign, I probably won't unless I can convince some of the other players in my groups to try it. Since we don't have a lot of time, that probably means it will be a while before we get to that point.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Would you like to join us for some role-playing?"

"Ewww, you sick pervert! I will not dress up in costumes and play hide the sausage with you and your germy friendless peers ..."

"Um, it's not that kind of role-play ..."

"Don't try and get out of it!"

"But ..."

"You're only making it worse for yourself ...! Get outa here before I call the police!"

:ermm:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT