• Darth Vader
    • Anakin Skywalker
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Count Dooku
    • Arca Jeth
    • Yoda
    • Mace Windu
    • Darth Malak (LOL)

I put Obi-Wan beacause 1. He beats vader, before the suit, 2. He lives longer than the other jedi, including Mace, except yoda, and three I could only choose one. But I think it would be a tie between Yoda and Obi-Wan.

What's all this crap about Yoda being a Jedi Consular, so that means he isn't good with a ligthsaber?

For your information all this Jedi class-$hit is for role-playing games, and nothing more. The movies' (and thereby the REAL) Star Wars universe doesn't have any classes other than those of Apprentice, Padawan, Knight, and Master. Yoda was a Jedi Master (Grand Master of the Jedi Order, I might add) and was THE master of Form IV.

Mace Windu and a fellow Jedi Master altered Form VII, Juyo, and created a variation of it called Vaapad. However, Mace and his former Padawan, Depa Billaba, were the only two Jedi to ever master it's technique.

Mace is known to have only been surpassed in lightsaber dueling by Count Dooku and Yoda.

My "Greatest Duelist" tree would go somewhat like this (1 being the greatest, and so forth)...

1. Palpatine

2. Yoda

3. Count Dooku

4. Mace Windu

5. Depa Billaba (Doesn't fight in the movies, but it is common knowledge she rivaled Mace's technique.)

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Only because he has more experience than Anakin.)

7. Anakin Skywalker (He might be the Chosen One, but big whoopty-do. He was too brash and inexperienced.)

8. Darth Maul

9. Qui-Gon Jinn

Going by movie standards ... Luke Skywalker would be found much farther down the line.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

What's all this crap about Yoda being a Jedi Consular, so that means he isn't good with a ligthsaber?

For your information all this Jedi class-$hit is for role-playing games, and nothing more. The movies' (and thereby the REAL) Star Wars universe doesn't have any classes other than those of Apprentice, Padawan, Knight, and Master. Yoda was a Jedi Master (Grand Master of the Jedi Order, I might add) and was THE master of Form IV.

Mace Windu and a fellow Jedi Master altered Form VII, Juyo, and created a variation of it called Vaapad. However, Mace and his former Padawan, Depa Billaba, were the only two Jedi to ever master it's technique.

Mace is known to have only been surpassed in lightsaber dueling by Count Dooku and Yoda.

My "Greatest Duelist" tree would go somewhat like this (1 being the greatest, and so forth)...

1. Palpatine

2. Yoda

3. Count Dooku

4. Mace Windu

5. Depa Billaba (Doesn't fight in the movies, but it is common knowledge she rivaled Mace's technique.)

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Only because he has more experience than Anakin.)

7. Anakin Skywalker (He might be the Chosen One, but big whoopty-do. He was too brash and inexperienced.)

8. Darth Maul

9. Qui-Gon Jinn

Going by movie standards ... Luke Skywalker would be found much farther down the line.

but going by the movies Anakin

lobs off Dookus' hands'n head

in ep3 soo either he's better at that timeline (or lucky if you belive in luck or just a dirty player :lol: ) or Dooku much weaker? Making li'l Anie better then Windu :p Obi's a master by then etc?

LOL @ ^

Really, it's hilarious to see people heartily defend arguments that basically go like "my geekfest is more relevant than your geekfest".

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Wow another one of these threads?

Dooku is the most skilled....

End of Story. It's ridiculous how people think Maul is better than Dooku...

Palpatine might be more skilled than dooku, we don't know yet do we, but maybe he's just stronger in the force and darkside than Dooku is, and that's why he's the master...

Anakin beats Dooku because Dooku was meant to take out obi wan, then go easy on Anakin, to turn anakin to the darkside, it was palpy plan, read Labyrinth of Evil...and Dooku was told if Anakin was to best him, while going easy, Palpy would stop the fight...(lie)...

Mace and Yoda were pretty much the same skill as Dooku, they were all great duelists, and best eachother different times...but the Darksiders always have dueled better because of their rage and etc., lightsiders think in the long run...just like in ROTJ luke has to tap into the darkside to beat vader...luke wasnt a good duelist tho and doesnt compare to the prequel Jedi Masters...

...Don't even get me Started on Obi-wan....although he's my favorite Jedi...it is NOT because of his skill in dueling, or should I say lack-there-of...

Wow another one of these threads?

Dooku is the most skilled....

End of Story.  It's ridiculous how people think Maul is better than Dooku...

Palpatine might be more skilled than dooku, we don't know yet do we, but maybe he's just stronger in the force and darkside than Dooku is, and that's why he's the master...

Anakin beats Dooku because Dooku was meant to take out obi wan, then go easy on Anakin, to turn anakin to the darkside, it was palpy plan, read Labyrinth of Evil...and Dooku was told if Anakin was to best him, while going easy, Palpy would stop the fight...(lie)...

Mace and Yoda were pretty much the same skill as Dooku, they were all great duelists, and best eachother different times...but the Darksiders always have dueled better because of their rage and etc., lightsiders think in the long run...just like in ROTJ luke has to tap into the darkside to beat vader...luke wasnt a good duelist tho and doesnt compare to the prequel Jedi Masters...

...Don't even get me Started on Obi-wan....although he's my favorite Jedi...it is NOT because of his skill in dueling, or should I say lack-there-of...

I still stand that if Mace fought dooku he could kill him,especially if He could take palpsy alone.Besides,that same rage gives them strength,but in that rage their tactics begin to dwindle,When Dookue was merely toying with Obi-Wan and Anakin on Geonosis with no hate he thought things through more carefully and assesed the situation,whereas with yoda his hate grew stronger and his attacks begam more ferocious with less tactical thought,thus he is exchanging insight for power,such is the way of the Dark Side,where as the lightside have more defensive abilities in The KOTOR series showing that a Jedi holds a more defensive outlook because they do not gain the power of the Dark Side,and The sith Do not gain the clear and thoughtful mind of the Light Side.

The funny thing is that in the EpIII book Mace Windu admires Obi-Wan for his fighting abilites. He tells Obi that he is the most capable of all Jedi alive, and that Yoda and Windu, who are thought to be the best fighters, have weaknesses which they can only compensate with specially trained fighting techniques.

After reading this I was assured to vote for Obi.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

If anyone else got any SW3 'rumors'/'possible spoilers'/spoilers then keep them to yourself please I'd rather not know everything about the movie 2 weeks before it comes out.

you mean 4 weeks

am I crazy or are you?because it comes out April 19th here,and for me today is April 18th,and for finishing statements,it's not spoilers/rumors,it stuff I read from the chaptersed novelization of the movie.