Stuck on Telos jedi academy

After I leave the telos academy and you are back on the Ebon Hawk the screen is black. I can hear myslef moving through the quick commands and even when i push start i goes to the normal screen. but when i go back to playing it is just black.

If anyone could help I would be very grateful.

Thanks

When that happens to me.

I quit the game, reboot my computer and load the auto save.

If the auto save doesn't work try loading your last saved game before the glich.

This happens on both the kotor 1 and 2 as well as other games on my computer.

It is not a game glich but a graffic card glich.

When that happens to me.

If the auto save doesn't work try loading your last saved game before the glich.

this is a game glitch... try moving the save game to a friends computer and you'll notice the same problem... i have...

When that happens to me.

this is a game glitch... try moving the save game to a friends computer and you'll notice the same problem... i have...

Then all games have the same glitch. Also I've had it happen on games that never did it before, when I first purchased them back in the 1990's.

I have it happen more often when I let my screensaver run for a few hours and then start playing a game without rebooting. I run the 'my picture' screensaver with a lot of high resolution pictures in it.

This has happened on both the WinMe and WinXP OS. Before I went to the higher video cards it never happened on WinMe.. or before I installed WinXP then went back to WinMe. (I did a clean install on both operating systems by deleting everything on the drive and then installing the os.)

(snip)

then the problem you are experiencing is not quite the same as the one mentioned. the problem that occures in KoTOR II is due to the decisions you made prior, which causes an ingame cutscene that was supposed to be viewed (afaik), when entering the Ebon Hawk after the telos academy simply wouldn't start. and you got left with a black screen, with your cursor visible, you can hear when you go over different menus but nothing else happens, you can go back to the startup menu by pressing esc, but wont help, saving the game there wont help etc.

now tell me, how can it be graphic related, if an older save game works? your graphics card doesn't read saved data, it just reads the data sent to it by the game, IE the rendering etc etc...

unless NVIDIA and ATI use the same graphic chips with the exact same graphic problems...

had that same prob but then i just reloded to the right after the conversation with Atris and didnt bother talking to anyone, none of the handmaidens, just got my party and went staright to the ebon hawk and it worked fine, no black screen. u dont miss much anyway and u must have already done it and know what happens so skipping talking to the people isnt such a big disaster.

hope it helps

(snip)

then the problem you are experiencing is not quite the same as the one mentioned. the problem that occures in KoTOR II is due to the decisions you made prior, which causes an ingame cutscene that was supposed to be viewed (afaik), when entering the Ebon Hawk after the telos academy simply wouldn't start. and you got left with a black screen, with your cursor visible, you can hear when you go over different menus but nothing else happens, you can go back to the startup menu by pressing esc, but wont help, saving the game there wont help etc.

now tell me, how can it be graphic related, if an older save game works? your graphics card doesn't read saved data, it just reads the data sent to it by the game, IE the rendering etc etc...

unless NVIDIA and ATI use the same graphic chips with the exact same graphic problems...

The problem I have is when I goto a new area. After the load screen finishes, I can see the whole level, and my player character and party, and all the monsters on the level but the floors and walls are black.

When that happens; I quit, reboot, and load my last save. Then when I goto the new area I can see the wall and floor textures and what is in the first room (my player character and party and monsters in the room), but not the whole level.

It has happened on morrowind, heroes of might and magic, neverwinter nights platinum, vampire the masquerade bloodlines, both kotors and several other games.

If it's not a graphic card problem, what is it? (not trying to be sarcastic, would really like to know)

(snip)

(snip)

as i said in the earlier post, your problem is not the same problem mentioned, and the same problem that has been mentioned since the game came out, your problem could indeed be graphic related.

the problem mentioned here and in every other thread is that the -whole- screen goes black, you do not see your characters you do not see a map, you do not see anything that could even be wall textures. and this due to choices you have made in the prior map.

solution: replay the map from the begining (if you are in telos) and (spoiler warning)

Dont fight the handmaidens, you can talk to anyone, how much you want, just dont fight them, when fighting them, there is a bug that disbands your party, and i belive this could be the cause, worked for me anyway, the cutscene showed next time i loaded up the ebonhawk.

(snip)

(snip)

Dont fight the handmaidens, you can talk to anyone, how much you want, just dont fight them, when fighting them, there is a bug that disbands your party, and i belive this could be the cause, worked for me anyway, the cutscene showed next time i loaded up the ebonhawk.

I've had that bug happen to me two times and I've fought the handmaidens all four (or more) times I left telos. The cutseen always played though, but the two I used were disbanded from my party and I couldn't use them anymore.

The first time it happened I was using kreia to heal me and the second time I had bio dao (sp?) in the party with atton and I was force pushed off the matt. I kept the save and continued on instead of loading and trying agian. I may have been force pushed off the matt both times it happened.

All the other times I was able to finish using Kreia and atton (sp?) or going solo. Saving before each battle and wining that round. If I was force pushed off the matt or if I lost the round, especially if I had a party with me, I loaded the save and tried agian. I didn't run into that bug.

So it's either using kreia to heal you, having bio dao in your party, or being force pushed off the matt with a party. I have played through without my party (send everyone to the ship) been force pushed off the matt and not get the bug.