Xbox or PC?

I purchased this game for the Xbox back when it was released in December. Funny thing is, the game is still sitting on my shelf, unopened. Just been busy playing WoW and haven't found time for it. Well, I've gotten that urge to play a good single player RPG so I thought about cracking the seal and giving this game a go. Question is, should I play this on the Xbox or take it back and exchange it for the PC version? Did the Xbox version have the same bugs that plagued the PC version, that they recently fixed with a patch? Also, to those of you who have played and finished KOTOR2, was it worth your time? I've heard from people who have played it, including my brother, that the ending is God awful and totally makes the 40 or so hours you put into it not worth it. Thanks for all your input. :)

Well I think there's a big chance of fixes comming our way for PC donno how's it done for Xbox (whether there can be fixes for this at all).

BTW I'll try not to spoil anything for you about the ending so let's just say that 70% of the game you work your ass off but later on it's just like made to look as you haven't done anything.

And don't expect to be as smart of a character like in K1 cuz this time the game doesn't let you (dialog options and you're gonna be outassed every 2 steps). There's the overuse of the death animation of your character in K2 if you know what I mean.

Apart from that though K2's an awesome game. Worth playing for sure just don't be mad when things don't go as you planned or you won't get a dialog option that you wanted (happened too many times for me to be honest).

A content mod is on it's way and should make it more fun to play the game (though that could take a long time to come)

Xbox version ran perfectly for me from word go.

I guess it comes down to personal prefference.

I did notice (personal opinon not supported by any stats) that the main people that had problems with XBox version are those that were useing the ingame exploits and altering (moding) their machines.

Those that purchased and played games the way they were designed didnt see m to have any of the issues others posted here back when game first went live.

As I said, thats just a trend I noticed when I was posting here back when game went live originally.

Sell back you Xbox version and take the PC one if your hardware can run it. You'll have better graphics and the game is patched and an additionnal pack will include high quality movies and musics, so it's certaintly the best way to play this game. And AFAIK the gameplay suits better a PC than a console especially during fights.

I'd recommend that you play it lightside for your first time in case you decide not to play through it again. You'll get more out of the, imho, crappy ending. I'd say get it for the PC since there's a patch for it and another one coming up that adds the higher quality movies and music. But there's still a chance that you'll run into a gamestopping bug.

Thats funny,I was thinking K2 was better suited for console over PC,funny little conicidence.

From what I've heard and played about the two KotOR, the gameplay seems me quite PC oriented, with an obvious console feeling on certain things such as UI, lack of written texts... But I would feel terrible if I had to play it on XBox and fight.

I've played both Xbox and PC versions, and I didn't have any big problems with either. But apparently I'm in the minority.

I'd probably suggest going with PC for the same reason as everyone else said... restoration mod, etc.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I never had any bad experiences with xbox except for longer load times and usually choppy (not horribly just slightly) frames. other than the restoration mod and patches and stuff get it if your hardware is good enough to run it at max settings excluding aa and af. then again xbox itself isn't really equipped to play kotor 2 either. :thumbsup:

What's this restoration mod you guys keep referring to and could someone please post a link to where I could find it? Sorry if I'm coming across as 'stupid' but its been a while since I've come to these forums.

Well, The restoring is a mod a group of people are working on. It's going to restore some of the game content (including the ending) that was cut before the release...

@Topic -

If you have hardware on your PC that is suitable to run TSL, go for that.

Better Graphics, sound and FPS.

However, please note. The bugs in the Xbox are still in the PC version (The patch that was just released only fixed the PCs unique bugs).

Well, from the sounds of it the PC seems like a better choice and I definitely have a PC that could handle it. One thing I'm going to have to get used to is using a mouse and KB to play it. The first one I played on the Xbox. Anyone have any success using a game pad through a USB port to play it on the PC? I have an adapter that allows the hook-up for a PS2 controller which may work with KOTOR2.

Another question in regards to this restoration mod -- has it been released or is it still in the works? I have no problem waiting a little longer to play the game if a mod is being released that will add some content to the game or add back things that have been left out.

Well, from the sounds of it the PC seems like a better choice and I definitely have a PC that could handle it. One thing I'm going to have to get used to is using a mouse and KB to play it. The first one I played on the Xbox. Anyone have any success using a game pad through a USB port to play it on the PC? I have an adapter that allows the hook-up for a PS2 controller which may work with KOTOR2.

I don't have KotOR II yet (waiting for the TSL and a decent patch) but I do have both the PC and XBox versions of the first one. At first, getting used to the keyboard/mouse combination didn't seem very smooth as the XBox controls felt more "natural". Now, having played the PC one for quite a bit I don't know why I put up with the XBox controls for so long!

If you want to use a gamepad, I've heard that Saitek makes the only decent one for the PC. I don't have any knowledge about how well a PS2 to USB adapter would work. Always worth a try!

One thing I'm going to have to get used to is using a mouse and KB to play it. The first one I played on the Xbox.

I also played the first one on the Xbox... I also played KOTOR 2 twice on the Xbox, then made the transition to PC. It's really not that hard to get used to it. I find I'm starting to prefer the PC version, to be quite honest.

Not to mention that the graphics are WAY better on PC.

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital