So when's the next patch due?

Thankyou for that useless piece of guesswork, I'm sure your sources are totally reliable  <_<  I'll simply wait and see

I agree with Dark Paladin, especially after our buddy's second post.

Just to play devil's advocate...

Also, let's not forget that, depending on the arrangements with the publisher, after the 1-2 business days spent gathering, recompressing, and packaging all those files (not an insignificant number of files!) it make take several days to get release approval from LA or whomever is going to distribute the patch, and then propagate it to all the servers (just as an example of how long it might take for a file distribution site like File Planet... for certain types of submissions, it takes 1-3 days to get approval, then up to another 1-2 days to propagate to multiple servers).

And, note that patch v1.0b had a few additional alterations/fixes not mentioned in their readme. I say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth if they decided to sneak in a few minor fixes for problems under the hood without making a big deal out of it too...

Makes an awful lot of sense to me, especially the part about 'slipping in a few additions'. I doubt that LA has people sitting around in their offices waiting specifically to approve TSL patches.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Just on the other topic about "who would work for obsidian now" - I believe the company that recently went bust that did the 'Thief' series (can't remember the dev now)  has all of it's sacked stuff going over to Obsidian.

Name: ION STORM or less recent LOOKING GLASS STUDIO

I don't think that's corrct.

Atleast WARREN SPECTOR has left for a new company...

And the rest is likely sticked up with EIDOS

Can someome plz explain to me what this videos/music patch will exactly do? what is wrong with the current game? Bad quality or what?

Music: Stereo instead of MONO, higher Quality

Video's: Higher quality, Higher Resolution (instead of TV 640x480)

*OMG, Is this meaning we get Biological Attacks?*

(If you dont understand watch 24, series 3)

On-Topic:

No, it wasn't bad if these LA monkeys figured out that testing is useless and bring it to us for our watching/viewing pleasure...

And it also proves LA/OE dates can't be trusted...

EDIT: The main Nr. 1 reason not to detect the bad sound is if you use a headset. Due to both close to you're ear and using the same tone you won't notice the MONO.

If You use Boxes or Dolby Surround Sound though, you will notice...

What, the second patch hasn't been released and it's past "a few days"?

OMG, OMG, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

:thumbsup:  :("

ROTFLOL...

I think it would be pretty cool if Obsidian did Deus Ex 3, preferably a lot closer to DX 1 than DX 2 - although I will say that I never played DX2. I wasn't excited by all the changes that Ion Storm [or whoever] implemented with DX2.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Guest MacleodCorp

I haven't posted here for about a week, and I think this will be me last post for another week, but I have come to the conclusion:

We Could Be Complaining About The Audio/Video Patch For Weeks!

If you were to look throughout Obsidian's forums, you will notice that people are just repeating themsevles. Thats oky, but it is getting kind of old.

When they release the Audio/Video patch, I will not be in the mood to play the game for a thousands time. All and all, the game is a pretty cool game. The only problems from what I can see is the storyarch and the various code problems. Otherwise, I like the factor you can break people into joining either the light or dark side, bulding your lightsaber, and kicking some 'Buthead's As$" all over the galaxy. Yeah, I could go and mess with the code myself, rewrite dialog, or story outcomes, but I leave that up to others.

Many of us come here, and we ramble, even myself: "The Patch... Where is the patch???". All and all, patience is a blessing. Yeah, we should be mad that the game has glitches. When it all comes down to the end, "Did You Have Fun?".... HELL YES! (w00t)

Guest MacleodCorp

The most uncomfortable thiing about patches is that there was something wrong in the first place. They are like revisions to pieces of artwork, which would be revised forever.

I think there will allways be a critique regardless when and if the patch is released!

Valve has been saying that "Day of Defeat: Source" is COMING SOON since October 5th, 2004... :blink:

I really think some companies need to learn the proper meaning of words like "soon" and "in a few days"...

Valve has been saying that "Day of Defeat: Source" is COMING SOON since October 5th, 2004...  :blink:

I really think some companies need to learn the proper meaning of words like "soon" and "in a few days"...

Ah, yes, but there Source was "stolen" causing delay...

I don't think anybody "stole" the Movies/Sound patch from LA?

And otherwise there would be another amount of copies of the patch on LA/OE PC's who Do Not Need The Damn LA QA S***...

And if you steal a "Movies/Music patch" I don't think they can craft KOTOR3 before the designers or break into the PC's of K2's owner's...

I don't know if this has been commented on...but could it be that the second patch will not only include high quality music and movies, but  bug fixes to the bugs that the first patch introduced in the game?

That could explain the delay.

No, this Movies/Music patch WAS part of patch 1, got split and has no new bug-Fixes.

LA's just stalling it for fun' sakes

Just on the other topic about "who would work for obsidian now" - I believe the company that recently went bust that did the 'Thief' series (can't remember the dev now)  has all of it's sacked stuff going over to Obsidian.

I did not heard this. As far as I know, the two Smith left Ion Storm Austin in Sping 2004, then Warren Spector (founder of Ion Storm Austin) left in Fall 2004 and created Junction Point Studio. Some of the other leaders of the team left Ion Storm Austin and joined Midway Austin. Then Ion Storm Austin was shut down by Eidos last february (Ion Storm's owner, in financial difficulties; it'll learn them not allowing developpers to take the time needed to make a game, especially a Deus Ex or Thief class one) and the remaining workers moved to Crystal Dynamics studios.

But a lot of Obsidian employees are coming from Black Isle Studios, which may be the source of your error.