So when's the next patch due?

I heard that Obsidian is going to be releasing a second patch that will include high-def movies and stereo quality music. So does anyone know exactly when we'll be seeing it?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

It's funny because it's so true :D

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

I hope it comes out soon like they said it will. Although, I do remain very pessimistic at this point due to the length of time it took for the first patch to come out. But if you think about it, the problems fixed in the patch should not have taken a month to fix, so maybe they delayed the release so that they could deliver both patches within a short time from each other. I hope that is the case :-

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

Actually, I'm more interested to know when they'll release the second bugfix patch.  That would be the one that will fix the dialogue skipping bug, I hope.

Agreed. I'd rather have a bugfixed game than a buggy game with hi-def music and video. Especially since they still haven't fixed some of the major bugs.

:ph34r:

Lord Revan was most displeased with your lack of combat skill.

-Something I wish they'd put in KOTOR

Actually, I'm more interested to know when they'll release the second bugfix patch.  That would be the one that will fix the dialogue skipping bug, I hope.

Agreed. I'd rather have a bugfixed game than a buggy game with hi-def music and video. Especially since they still haven't fixed some of the major bugs.

:ph34r:

As much as I appreciate them releasing the hi-def movies and stereo music tracks -- like they should have included in the first place to deserve the $50 USD price tag -- I too would like a massive bug-fix patch that basically repairs this game and brings it up to retail release standards.

That includes the multitude of graphical, gameplay and scripting bugs that have been discussed ad nauseum on the Bugs Thread. Not even a third of those have been addressed and if OE wants this game to succeed... They need to gut-check themselves and rachet up their committment to us paying customers.

I think it's been a 'couple days' already.

Ah, the wonderful flexibility of the word 'soon'. :-"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, since the patch came out early-mid-morning on Thursday (PST) and that's when they said it, technically it's almost been 2 work days.

But fine...8-10am on Monday then. After that we can poke lighthearted fun, if it's not here yet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest MacleodCorp

LOL... The Patch for The Patch... LOL...

Oky, we have KOTOR II Patch 1.0b

Then, we have KOTOR II Audio/Video Patch 1.0b

Then, we have KOTOR II Patch 1.0c to patch the original patch... (w00t)

ouch! 10 points to the 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit!

i think he realises that we been through all this before, so noone start!!!

Damn it! It would seem that few days is longer than most peoples perception of 'a few days'.

It's annoying as this is going to turn into another vicious circle where we spend hours ripping apart the meaning of 'soon' until we realise that it actually meant 5 weeks of complaining.....

Guest MacleodCorp
Damn it!  It would seem that few days is longer than most peoples perception of 'a few days'.

It's annoying as this is going to turn into another vicious circle where we spend hours ripping apart the meaning of 'soon' until we realise that it actually meant 5 weeks of complaining.....

Pious D'Cathcart - Yeah, I predicted that one. All and all, I am developing a small amount of patience. When the music/video patch come out, I know the quality of the game will jump up a few notches! :(