Malak's 1960s Cameo

SCHMOO!!!!!!!!!!!

He rocked!  :D

Interestingly, Schmoo first appeared in 1948 ... (no, I'm not that old!) and the character is meant to be a force of total goodness and love (sound familiar?). The intrinsic paradox is that the Schmoon (singular Schmoo, plural Schmoon) actually cause the human society -- that they wish to help -- to break down.

People went nuts for Scmoo paraphenalia (a bit like SW :) )

:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Interestingly, Schmoo first appeared in 1948 ... (no, I'm not that old!) and the character is meant to be a force of total goodness and love (sound familiar?). The intrinsic paradox is that the Schmoon (singular Schmoo, plural Schmoon) actually cause the human society -- that they wish to help -- to break down.

People went nuts for Scmoo paraphenalia (a bit like SW  :)  )

Ah, very interesting. Thanks! I didn't know that. :-

evil_twin.jpg

People went nuts for Scmoo paraphenalia (a bit like SW  :)  )

Ah, very interesting. Thanks! I didn't know that. :-

Yeah, but I did like the cartoon, as well. Saturday morning, early 1980s. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Who's Aayla Secura?:shifty:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character...cura/index.html

She's a hottie Twi'lek Jedi, played by Amy Allen. 8)

"Aayla Secura first appeared in the pages of the monthly Star Wars comic series from Dark Horse Comics. Writer/Director George Lucas was so struck by a dramatic cover painted by Jon Foster that he requested the expanded universe character be turned into a living, breathing Jedi for the big screen. ILM Production Assistant Amy Allen played the role of Aayla in Episode II."

She'll be in Episode 3, also. Woo!

evil_twin.jpg

In all SW-universe, almost all names are derived from different words, meanings and languages.

Vader <= Father

Darth <= Dark

Sith <= Setekh (an ancient Egyptian god of deserts, a brother and a rival of Osiris. He embodies a dark ego, dark side of human nature.

Yoda <- "yoda" in punjabian, "great warrior"

Coruscant <- coruscate

And so forth...

And Bioware + Obsidian just follow tradtion.

I thought Darth was GL making Dark and Father(since Vader is father of luke)and Vader was his moniker as a shortened version of invader,meh,I guess I gotta read up more on these things. :D

P.S. For the record,the above post was one of the few on this thread that was innocent and not insulting anybody. :ph34r:

Edit:and while speaking of the Herculoids,the goo creatures were badass,they (begin noob transmission)r0x0rs m7 s0x0rs.(end noob transmission)

Edited by Darth Coran

General Discussion is a place for discussing anything concerning Star Wars - after last forum reforms that terminated Storyline Section. Spoilers Section are exclusively for KOTOR 2. So there's nothing wrong in posting here about things like this.

KOTOR was great in terms of climate only. Storyline was cheesy and only children like you are baffled by it. It's flaws were discussed over and over here, but as a newbie you missed it.

And, a little more respect for board veteran please.

I never said there was anything wrong with posting in the General Discussion. I was just wondering why you cared that a character in some 60s cartoon had the name Malak, and why you posted it in a KotOR II forum instead of a KotOR I forum.

Who the f*** do you think you are calling me a childish newbie? True, the storyline was cheesy. The twists were so obvious that you didn't even have to meet the characters to figure out what their twists were going to be. If I was baffled by the KotOR storyline, it's news to me. But obviously, you, whom I've never met, know me better than I know myself just because you've got more posts than me. Oh, BTW, I have participated in many discussions about the flaws of the KotOR storyline, but, for some unknown reason, these discussions were located in the KotOR I forums over at BioWare. I have noticed that you're curiosuly absent from these forums, so again, your clairvoyance amazes me. Or maybe you just missed something, not me. You also seem to have missed the fact that I was merely saying that I enjoyed KotOR. I did not say anything about the quality of the plot. I simply said that it was a good game and enjoyed it.

Just so you know, I really couldn't care less how many posts you have in these forums. It in no way lends respect to your opinions. That is not saying that I don't respect your opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. Including me. All I'm saying is that having more posts in the KotOR II forums does not lend any added significanct to your opinions.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

People,people,please,you both have different opinions,lets just leave it at that,neither of you is wrong,you're both right in different respects,now c'mon guys,in the spirit of SW,just shut the hell up and agree to disagree.

and if no peace is made,I can and will call the voice actor of JAR JAR BINKS(dun dun duuuun)to make multiple plays on his movie lines until you make peace,and nobody wants to hear more Jar Jar,do they?

dude nur's been here for a very long time, i got to the forum about 2 months after him, which i think was either may or june. I just dont post alot so i tend not to judge ppl by the amount of posts they have, but i kno for a fact that nur knos alot more than u do about star wars, im not callin u a retard, just accept it like a small feminin man in prison.

*Takes deep breath*

Okay, I probably overreacted with that last post, but I had my reasons. Originally, my main question was why Nur was so worried that another character had had the name Malak. Most of the Sith Lords names originated somewhere, and many had been used before, if in other forms.

Perhaps my question was poorly written or poorly interpreted, but Nur proceeded to call me a childish noob who lacked the intelligence to comprehend the plot of KotOR. This stemmed from my comment that KotOR was a good game regardless of whether the name Malak had been used before. I thought this comment by Nur was completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

He also said that as a noob, I must have missed all the previous discussions about KotOR's plot flaws. Again, I did not say anything about the plot at all in my original post, just that KotOR was a good game in my opinion. He failed to realize that there are KotOR forums over at BioWare, where this has been discussed frequently by many, including me.

The final straw was when he demanded respect for having many many posts on these forums. To me, that was a sign of total insecurity. Everyone's opinion deserves respect regardless of who it comes from. The fact that he needed to point to his post count to try and gain respect did not help his standing in my eyes. I understand that he knows more than SW about me, but that does not mean that my opinion is invalid.

Hopefully Nur will be able to see that I have a point as well (and that point is what I intended, and that he doesn't botch the interpretation like he did about KotOR's plot) and we can leave it at that. I'm not trying to disprove him. Yes, the name Malak has been used before. Many characters in many games have unoriginal names. That does not make the developer unoriginal, or affect the gameplay in any way. Hopefully this will be the last I have to say on the subject: True the name Malak has been used before, but it does not take away from the gameplay of KotOR, nor is it the first time a name has been adopted into a game.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

I renember watching Conan the Destroyer lately and there was also a guy named Malak (or was it Malek? donno). It's hard to think sth up new nowadays unless you want to add one or more " ' " or " - " into it and as little vowels as possible :thumbsup:

I think it's Malek and I am pretty sure I heard that name in another movie...

is it evil that I find conflicts amusing to watch and point out flaws in points on both sides at choice times?because if so,I'm probably registered for the next sith lord. :thumbsup: I'm also sorta glad that everybody said what they wanted to say,miscommunication is a good deal of why the world is so messed up,but back to the land of on-topicness.

Malak and Uthar also had their appearances in Gothic II in 2002. IIRC both of them were ordinary farmers.

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

They should have used the Metal Apes instead!

Oh wait, maybe they did...

Who said it was unlikely that the name Malak was lifted from that show in the first post..?

Going a bit off topic, does anyone else think Malak got that metal jaw because he was hurt by HK's meatbag-statements?