Wow... just wow... I have such mixed feelings!

I have been playing Jade Empire.. it's made me realise a few things...

Bioware rocks.

LA tried to make Kotor2 on par... maybe a little more.. maybe a little less. You be the judge. Bioware shows us with Jade Empire what could have been done with Kotor2 if LA let Obsidian have the time.

Jade empire is amazing, and I have spotted a few references to Kotor1 so far. The one that stood out most was when in the battle arena in the imperial city, and the arena agent asks you what you think your arena name should be, he says 'You are mysterious, stranger' And when on Taris your arena name was mysterious stranger!

I just read that jade empire *possibly* will be released for PC on summer/autumn.

THAT would be great!  (w00t)

That's news to me. Last time I read Bioware's stance on it they said nothing was in the works currently.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I read that some bioware programmer told an ign reporter about a pc convertion.

There are several other sites where such rumours are spreading. I found sites where jade empire is listed as a pc game available on summer 2005.

I read (prior to release) that Jade Empires was going to be a XBOX ONLY release by Bioware on the Bioware website (by a Bioware rep).

So unless forcasted presales down signifigantly or they found a block of time to do the conversion, I wouldnt hold my breath on a PC release.

Bioware invested a lot of money into Jade Empire so a conversion would make sense. Resident Evil 4 was Gamecube exclusive too .... now they are working on a PS2 conversion. Why? The costs of development were too high for just releasing it on only one system.

XBox is a good console but it is not a very common system (like PS2).

"unless forcasted presales down signifigantly or they found a block of time to do the conversion, I wouldnt hold my breath on a PC release."

Actually, if sales ar epoor they likely wouldn't even think about bothering with a PC release. Why would they waste time porting a failure? Weird...

As for a PC version being released this summer/fall; I am doubtful. That's a lot of work to be done in such a short time...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What is jade empire?i have been out of touch with video games since dead or alive ultimate and kotor2 were released :blink:

hey can you join my site? i have its link in my signature(dont worry,after you join it you will see all the boards,not like the other guests)

Come And Join My New Site! Click The Pic To Enter!

swrotsdfin25bm.png

can someone join my site!and pls join it,dont stay guests like the other members from here

:wub:

MY SITE CLICK TO JOIN IT ,OR CLICK THE ICON ON MY SIG!

Don't you already have an entire *topic* for this? :wub:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=33383

I'm sure if fanboys want to join your "site", they will. No need to proliferate like a site whore...even though that's exactly what you are. :)

manthing2.jpg

Well if it's a port over to the PC...I'm not entirely expecting it to be a complete "port" y'know: like what LA did to Battlefront...sheesh, no wonder the graphics suck!! (uhh..no offense to faithful Xbox'ers heh :D )

I still wish some games from the Xbox could be ported tho'...

just for you to know,i dont take advice from butterboys,mama's boys or children that are watching the transformers cartoons,so close your childish mouth ,and kick your self out :cool:

Shouldn't you be shagging a sheep or something?

Now run along like a good n00b. Can't say I'm too unhappy, but you most certainly won't be missed. :-

manthing2.jpg

just for you to know,i dont take advice from butterboys,mama's boys or children that are watching the transformers cartoons,so close your childish mouth ,and kick your self out :cool:

Shouldn't you be shagging a sheep or something?

Now run along like a good n00b. Can't say I'm too unhappy, but you most certainly won't be missed. :-

i wont take your advice child,you know of course you arent so unhappy,becuase you are just a stupid happy mama's butterboy! o:) (by the way i can you imagine yor future?you being a man going to the mall with your mom holding you grudgingly from the hand!!!!! :p in fact,the only reason i came here is to do spamming,every new site members do so,so let me continue my spamming cusade ,mama's butterboy

Come And Join My New Site! Click The Pic To Enter!

swrotsdfin25bm.png

About xbox to pc games: microsoft are making some new dev tools which will make it much easier to port xbox titles to pc so hopefully that will mean more games for the PC, yay!

jaguars4ever r u from the US? if so good one for knowing the sheep shagging thing

:-

p.s. wtf is a butterboy?

Personally, I'd love for Jade Empire to be ported to the PC. It's gotten great reviews across the board, but I'm not about to buy an Xbox to play it.

Ditto. I didn't shell out for an Athlon 64 and GeForce 6600GT for nothing. And even if I hadn't, I just love my mouse and keyboard and the cozy feel of playing games in my room... I'm a PC gamer at heart. Ironic, since I started with Atari, Colecovision, and Nintendo as a tiny little kid.

I hope Jade Empire does well. Well enough to get ported. :- Funny, though I only play PC as a platform, I tend to pick games that are on multiple platforms (Morrowind, Thief 3, Splinter Cell, KOTOR, Beyond Good & Evil.) Although, there are exceptions. (Half-Life 2, Bloodlines.)

"i wont take your advice child,you know of course you arent so unhappy,becuase you are just a stupid happy mama's butterboy! (by the way i can you imagine yor future?you being a man going to the mall with your mom holding you grudgingly from the hand!!!!! in fact,the only reason i came here is to do spamming,every new site members do so,so let me continue my spamming cusade ,mama's butterboy"

lol

Worst flame. Ever.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

OK here's what i read at several sites .... a developer from Bioware talked too much. He said how proud Bio is about Jade Empire and he also said he is looking forward to the PC release in summer/autumn 05.

Don't know if there will be a PC port of the game or not but it would be nice! :thumbsup: