KOTOR 3 Fan Comic

I'm a little enrvous as I usually don't post ideas without them being developed but here goes.

After seeing listening to the removed scenes in KOTOR 2 an idea entered my head to tell the story of some of the students that the cast from 1 and 2 would seek out and the "True Sith" that might be encountered. Right now I'm only working on character designs but I would appreciate any comments on them.

This is one of the Sith Lords I designed off the top of my head. I have no Darth name for him, if you come up with something please post it.

post-12869-1113695825_thumb.jpg

It's definitely interesting.  Looks like the son of Goliath and Sion, but far too adorable to be menacing. 

Of course, that could work, like the bunny toward the end of Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail.

Yah, I think a pile of bones around it's feet would make it more menacing. :blink:

"Look at the bones, man!"

evil_twin.jpg

Argh! After weeks of attempts I still can't get Mission to look the way I want her to look for this comic. She's a pretty important character in the story so I want her design to be perfect and this just doesn't seem right. What do you guys think?

post-12869-1113717879_thumb.jpg

As for the little Sith - Yeah, I have another sketch of him after a particularly brutal battle that I'll post after I've cleaned it up a little. It gets the essence of his charcter across MUCH better.

It looks like one of those little pigmy zombies in "The Mummy Returns", or even better, there was a little humonculous in the 1985 Stephen King film version of some of his short stories, called Cat's Eye...

Little things can be quite frightening ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hey, I wouldnt be supprised if KotOR3 was a prequal to KotOR1, which showed the Mandalorian Wars, and the Jedi that fell to the darkside, the same as Darth N (whats his name).

You would be one of the chosen Jedi who chose to follow Revan, and the Exile to battle, and are placed with a party of Jedi.. maybe you command them etc? the last fight scene would be the Mandalorian war, at Malachor, and.. if you choose Sith, then you fight the ones who stayed Jedi lol.. and then fled to unknown space?

Nah, I really doubt it.

Anyhow, back on topic, the First picture screams "Darth Tydeus" :geek:

and the Mission Vao pic screams "Hey guys! I'm old enough now, create a character and have a relationship with me!" lol.. j/k.. i just like Twi'leks

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

That Mission cartoon is really great. Just the way anime is supposed to look. Stick with it i'd say. What program are you using to create your cartoons with?

As for KoTOR III, I definately like the idea of having Revan and the Exile in the story somehow. I also think it would be great if you could be able to load your personal images for Revan and the Exile from the first two games.

Argh! After weeks of attempts I still can't get Mission to look the way I want her to look for this comic.  She's a pretty important character in the story so I want her design to be perfect and this just doesn't seem right.  What do you guys think?

post-12869-1113717879_thumb.jpg

As for the little Sith - Yeah, I have another sketch of him after a particularly brutal battle that I'll post after I've cleaned it up a little.  It gets the essence of his charcter across MUCH better.

Looks fine to me...

Very lame when compared to Aimo's masterful fanart.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Uncalled? Someone posts his art on board, so we have a social duty to tell what we think about it. And I think it's lame. This guy should work hard, that's all.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Uncalled? Someone posts his art on board, so we have a social duty to tell what we think about it. And I think it's lame. This guy should work hard, that's all.

Then tell him what part of the drawing needs to be improved, and how. I'd accept his artwork for an online comic, it sort of reminds me of Drowtales. If you're curious, read Spiderborn. Its only a few pages long, but an excellent little yarn.

Gee, are we here to COMPARE fanart to others??? I thought it was about sharing, commenting, and critisizing intelligently other people's art. Ok, your art needs improvment (if you want to COMPARE with aimo) DiamondRose, but you've got solid proportions bases. Maybe Mission's pose isn't very balanced, but I like the lineart and colours... Continue drawing, and I'm sure you'll get it right. I'll be watching!

(sorry for english mistakes if I made any, I don't usually speak english... I'm more into french, in fact)

I like your Mission Vao. Very cute! :)

Gee, are we here to COMPARE fanart to others??? I thought it was about sharing, commenting, and critisizing intelligently other people's art. Ok, your art needs improvment (if you want to COMPARE with aimo) DiamondRose, but you've got solid proportions bases. Maybe Mission's pose isn't very balanced, but I like the lineart and colours... Continue drawing, and I'm sure you'll get it right. I'll be watching!

(sorry for english mistakes if I made any, I don't usually speak english... I'm more into french, in fact)

I agree.

And DiamondRose, your art style seems different and distinct from whomever people are comparing to. Apples and oranges. It's all about personal preferrences.

I just had an idea for your first drawing of the Sith Yoda thing. What if you were to lose the lightsaber and have a hoard of the same kind of aliens who could be like Sith controlled creatures who steal Sith artifacts for their masters or something. Either that or make it an evil Yoda as was suggested. In any case keep the art work coming, I think its great, good job! (w00t)

Thanks for all your critiques. I'm trying to devote a bit more time to these drawings so I can improve on my anatomy and perspective as I think those two areas need even more work than anything else. I'm also still pretty new to photoshop so I'm experimenting trying to get use to it.

Here is another of the Sith Lords. There are three main villians and each of them has a different prestige class. The Dark Yoda is a Sith Marauder this one is a Sith Lord. I haven't decided on a name for him, but at the moment I'm calling him Darth Syn. I used a different method of coloring this time.

Critique away.

post-12869-1114208721_thumb.jpg