I can now play Half Life 2

Arkan

After some hassle, I finally got it to work! Woo hoo!

Now only if I could get the bug fixed in KotoR :p

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Oustanding Game even if the online authentication and offline mode (that requires you to have an internet connection anyway) are ludicrous. But yeah I've had an amazing time. just getting into designing custom sprays now :blink:

Good luck with Bloodlines. i think I posted on another thread a while back that i got no problems with 1GB of physical memory.. I have to retract that now, as I just started replaying as anohter clan. I got no problems on 1GB of memory for the first hour to hour and half of gameplay. then it just grinds to a halt. got a 128MB Graphics card 1800XP processor, Soundblaster Audigy (I think these are respectable specs, not top of the range but not too shabby) have fully defragged everything, and cleaned up the drives, got 3 GB of swapfile space. And still it is choppy. This is on on the minimum settings and lowest resolution, with no hardware sound. (And theres not many settings to alter anyway).

Personally I reckon if Troika had the time and support HL2 had with patches half these issues could have been fixed, as by all accounts HL2 didn't have the best of starts, a lot of similar issues have been fixed now.

Oh yeah and if you don't already know what they are going on about with dog, well you will soon. one of my favourite supporting cvharacters ina game for a while :thumbsup:

Any news on whether or not the expansion will be available in CD format as well as the direct downloads. No highspeed internets here.

I'm glad Dog and Alex are all right though!

<edit> Just looked at that link, all I've got to say is F**K YES! That 'decidedly emaciated creature' is a Stalker. It was in the Hardcover Raising the Bar book thingy. It used to be human, it's bloodstream was replaced with a saline solution, and the parts of it's brain that controlled it's higher thought processes were taken out. It was also amputated of it's arms and legs, and had those stilt things grafted on in place of legs, as well as some sort of tools for menial jobs in the combine. Gamespot should have done their homework. I hope we actually get to fight some this time around, I was disappointed after I read the book, but never got to fight any in the original! </edit>

<edit two point oh> Well sh!t, on the VALVe boards, they're saying this thing is only gonna be released via Steam, no retail version. Looks like I won't be playing, and I'll never know how everything turned out. You know, even with the long registry times, etc. I never complained. I figured 'Heck, they're able to make a little more money and cut the unneccesary link out of the deal (publishers), they still have a retail version, aside from me having to let my computer idle while it registers, doesn't afect me at all.' Stupid DD. :blink: </edit two point oh>

I don't care if it's via Steam or whatever, I'm gonna get it. Steam works for me, so I don't mind buying stuff through it. I'm excited, I'm interested to see where they are gonna go with the story.

Servant of Eru

I'm sure you could download it onto another PC or even Buy it online form them and send you a disk via snailmail, it would be ridiculopus not too IMO.

I disslike the idea of steam a bit. I like the idea of having the physical game in my hands and downlaing it on my computer whenever i want. and if you don't have Cable or DSL internet its like watching grass grow. Copy protection is getting too serious in my opinion With the RIAA, HollyWood and the gaming industry now. But i respesct the gaming industry the most because they don't get nearly as muhc money as lets say madonna or jude law. I cringe at the people who steal games, stealing is stealing.

Thats intresting about the stalker! I just bought Doom3 Ressurection of Evil. They have a gravity gun in their game also, yea its a pathetic attempt, you can only hold things for 3 seconds, then they automatically drop, and you have to do the whole thing over again. it feels like a kids version. but the double barreled shot gun is back!

If i hear anything else i try to keep you guys posted.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

And don't forget the happy relationship between Valve and Vivendi!

Either way, it's Steam all the way for me. Go digital distribution! I've been supporting Bioware in that aspect as well. The influence of publishers needs to be lessened.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Yes, I can quite comfortably play Bloodlines as well. :thumbsup:

At least I've got a few games to hold me over until....whenever.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

And don't forget the happy relationship between Valve and Vivendi!

Either way, it's Steam all the way for me. Go digital distribution! I've been supporting Bioware in that aspect as well. The influence of publishers needs to be lessened.

I couldn't agree more... even though me and Miss Steam has had some quarrels (she's a real hellraiser, she is), I fully support the initiative.

And good for you, Arkan :) ... Half-life 2 and Bloodlines are highly entertaining (although some might disagree with me on Bloodlines, there).

Servant of Eru

I'm sure you could download it onto another PC or even Buy it online form them and send you a disk via snailmail, it would be ridiculopus not too IMO.

I disslike the idea of steam a bit. I like the idea of having the physical game in my hands and downlaing it on my computer whenever i want. and if you don't have Cable or DSL internet its like watching grass grow.  Copy protection is getting too serious in my opinion With the RIAA, HollyWood and the gaming industry now.  But i respesct the gaming industry the most because they don't get nearly as muhc money as lets say madonna or jude law.  I cringe at the people who steal games, stealing is stealing.

Thats intresting about the stalker!  I just bought Doom3 Ressurection of Evil. They have a gravity gun in their game also, yea its a pathetic attempt, you can only hold things for 3 seconds, then they automatically drop, and you have to do the whole thing over again. it feels like a kids version.  but the double barreled shot gun is back!

If i hear anything else i try to keep you guys posted.

I don't have any real friends. >_<

I don't mind buying games online. Before I discovered the used section at EB Games, I bought most my games that way. I just mind buying games onlines using Digital Distribution systems that require highspeed internet to work in any sort of timely manner. Hell, if I had highspeed internet, I really wouldn't mind buying them via Digital Distribution, my first though when they released HL2 that way, was 'Man, that's cool, I'd so totally buy it that way if I could.' And I really would, sure I like my G-Man box, but I like supporting developers, especially when they've earned my monies and trust like VALVe has. However they're about to break it if they think this will actually work at this point in time.