stuck on telos academy, cant get out

im a light side female.

i just had the converstation with Atris. now when Atris leaves the converstation, i go back to the main circurlar chamber where you came in from. and atton is lying on the floor and kreia is sitting down meditating.

when i talk to Atton, i get the following dialog choices...

1. [cheat node] jump to the PC confrontation with Atris.

2. [cheat node] continue with Kreia converstaion.

well if i choose 2, then nothing happens. if i talk to kreia, nothing happens. if i select 1, then it replays the converstaition i had with Atris. ive done this conversation like 5 times now, and now the only response left to say at the beginnign is that im hear because of revenge.

i seem to get light side points every time i do this converstaion.

i have NOT done any cheats or anything the only thign i have done was install the patch.

has this happened to anyone before?

because i cannot leave this place cause if i go to the Ebon HAwk, it says i need my companions, but i cannot get my companions. bao dur is lying down in a force field chamber and i cant talk with him.

atton is the only one i can, and i only get those stupid cheat node things.

im stuck.

also when i do the atris converstaion, she gets caught in the room she medidates in, like the door closes before she can even get out of it, so every time the camera moves to show something, no one is there. its all messed up.

also, i reloaded my game from the autosave, by doing so it brings me back to the cutscene where i crash land on the polar region of telos.

and i have to fight those HK droids. i do that then i go back into the place where atris is, and even before i do anything in there i talk with atton, and kreia, who are standing next to me, and atton says the same thing about the dang cheat nodes.

i cant do anything

I've just had exactly this problem, I've just started playing the game through again (3rd time, first time since installing the patch (UK version)) and got exactly the problem described.

Picking another option (not "Alright.. we mean no harm" ), things work ok - I get warned by the handmaiden and Kreia says we should do as they say, I then get the atton/kreai cutscene (in the force cages). Seems like a bug to me, though I don't remember it before patching the game, and I'm sure I picked "Alright.. we mean no harm" the first two times I played the game through.

*sigh* had this problem ever since I started playing it with the patch. I'll try the workaround now.

Yay, it worked.

I bet this is related to the fix for the bug where Atton didn't show up in the cell at this point, when Kreia was talkingto him... Just that the bugged it up and neither is in a cell, and dialog is bunged. <_<

Same here.

I found out I *had* to choose, "Who are you?" then "Very well. I did not come here to do battle." for it to proceed as it should.

And this occured post-update. Never had that problem before.

And the Handmaidens would walk across the room, disappear and reappear where they were originally, then walk across the room again. :-

Wierd.

Yup, had this one too, along with some very weird scripting bugs just like everyone else, people running off somewhere for no reason, or just not do anything at all, or Atris getting stuck behind her door and the camera following an empty hallway to the room to where you are where she then magically appears, or T3 being stuck in his forcecage, and so on...

I had to load to before I entered the academy and select the 'Who are you' option instead of the 'We mean no harm' one to continue...

Great patch, Obsidian... <_<

Ah screw it, I don't want to waste my time with imbeciles that can't even patch a game properly... squintfinger.gif

Well, I reloaded my save game outside and tried that "who are you" route, and it worked.

I never had that problem before the game was patched, in fact I didn't have any of the bugs that everyone was talking about.

All I can say is thank god there are people still helping others in these forums.

*cough* crappy Q&A *cough

Good to see the patch was delayed for 6 weeks for Q&A, and something as simple as this doesn't get discovered.

Being a Q&A tester must be the easiest job in the world. You can simply NOT DO your job, and still get paid!

Oh well, at least there's a way around it.

Any word on that movie / music patch? That was only going to be "A few days". I guess that's the same kind of few days as the now infamous "Soon"?

Creston

Some of you need to understand a few things.

Yes the game is in a poor state even after the patch. I agree. I have the small problem of beleiving the story is just a bit....errrr....let's just say I think they struggled, especially by seeming to explain the AI behaviour as your Force connections, and adding to much to Revans story when KOTOR1 dealt with that as much as was needed, in my opinion. And I HATE Kreia. I would have done without the old bitch myself. Blah blah blah she goes.

However,

Programming isn't as clear cut as a lot of people beleive. To have a problem solved you can have literally hundreds of different, but equivalent solutions. There will be many that haven't been thought up yet.

Large programs are arguably the most complex products of the human mind and for even an experienced professional, 10,000 lines of code is approximately the largest amount anyone can get their head around. To a game like KOTOR2, that is nothing, and if you were to try and generate a mental picture of what hundreds of thousands of lines of code does, you'd fail.

So, cut them a little slack. Go after the QA tester that didn't find that Telos bug instead (oops).

And if you called me an imbecile, I wouldn't patch your game.

However,

Programming isn't as clear cut as a lot of people beleive. To have a problem solved you can have literally hundreds of different, but equivalent solutions. There will be many that haven't been thought up yet.

Large programs are arguably the most complex products of the human mind and for even an experienced professional, 10,000 lines of code is approximately the largest amount anyone can get their head around. To a game like KOTOR2, that is nothing, and if you were to try and generate a mental picture of what hundreds of thousands of lines of code does, you'd fail.

So, cut them a little slack. Go after the QA tester that didn't find that Telos bug instead (oops).

And if you called me an imbecile, I wouldn't patch your game.

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the ****ing kitchen!

If they can't even "get their head around" their own code, then they should quit and take up gardening, or something else that's a bit simpler...

However, I should have been more precise in who to call imbeciles, as most likely the clearly non-existant QA game testers are the ones to be blamed for utter shyte as this...