Returning to Ebon Hawk through the Map

I used to use the Return to ebon hawk option in the map menu to return to the ebon hawk to avoid long walks back to the ship. I cant seem to find the option in the map screen on kotor 2.

Why is it not there, can it be obsidion left a vitally helpful option out of the game? If so why in gods earth would they do such a thing?

Thats very unfortunate that they didnt include it.  Very bad Obsidion very bad on you....

Not bad Obsidian, bad Lucasarts.

Also, it was kind of an exploit in KotOR 1. There were many times that you could just transit back to the EH or Hideout to heal your party and transit back right away. I definately agree that it should have been implemented anyway. I would have loved to have the transit system anyway, since it would have allowed you to avoid those long walks back. Agreed on that point.

Live forever or die trying.

jengaaaaux2.gif

it's not considered an exploit if the devs put in it in the game deliberately, dumbasses.

It is if you use it in a way such as it wasn't intended.

If you play K1, you can transit out of the middle of a fight and back again. I'm sure they didn't want you to do that.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sorry for the off-topic post but I just feel like saying it

"Kotor 1 had it why not kotor 2?" -> heh all too familiar occurrence eh? :D

EDIT: ok ok I'm gonna make this post have some sense

"It is if you use it in a way such as it wasn't intended.

If you play K1, you can transit out of the middle of a fight and back again. I'm sure they didn't want you to do that."

But where's the fun in that then?

It's like using cheap tactics to beat opponents - it gets boring.

I renember that Master Flurrying Malak in K1 would be much easier but I rather prefered electrifrying his ass with Force Storm in the end to make it have the "young fool. Only now at the end do you understand" feel ;)

If they didn't want you to cheat in the game then why are there cheats in the game at all?

It's all about fun isn't it. If someone wants to teleport from a fight back to the EH then it's his decision.

Sorry for the off-topic post but I just feel like saying it

"Kotor 1 had it why not kotor 2?" -> heh all too familiar occurrence eh? :D

EDIT: ok ok I'm gonna make this post have some sense

"It is if you use it in a way such as it wasn't intended.

If you play K1, you can transit out of the middle of a fight and back again. I'm sure they didn't want you to do that."

But where's the fun in that then?

It's like using cheap tactics to beat opponents - it gets boring.

I renember that Master Flurrying Malak in K1 would be much easier but I rather prefered electrifrying his ass with Force Storm in the end to make it have the "young fool. Only now at the end do you understand" feel ;)

If they didn't want you to cheat in the game then why are there cheats in the game at all?

It's all about fun isn't it. If someone wants to teleport from a fight back to the EH then it's his decision.

Couldn't agree more. But it still is an exploit. (If you exploit it, you must be in really bad shape -- punching above your weight or running around Taris without levelling up in order to have more Jedi levels before the level 20 cap ... oh, that's another exploit, isn't it? :p )

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Acctually I didn't feel more powerful at all because of having more Jedi levels.

The most important thing for me was always to renember not to level up to lvl9 on a non-jedi class (makes you loose a jedi feat + a force power or two).

I've had as few as three levels before re-awakening my Force Sensitivity ... and I read some-one else had made it with only two levels ... crazy fools! Don't they know the fate of the Galaxy hangs in the balance?

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

it's not considered an exploit if the devs put in it in the game deliberately, dumbasses.

With that little comment, you just proved yourself to be the largest dumbass of us all. I'll attempt to explain this to you.

The transit system was intended to allow you to return to the ship quickly from a long distance away to avoid long stretches of simply walking back. However, using the transit system also healed your entire party. This was added because if you were transiting back to the EH, chances are you were going to another planet, or going to walk around in the town nearby. It was assumed that you could be healed, because you'd probably use the Force otherwise, and why not just make things less of a hassle for the user right? No exploits thus far.

This is the exploit: the transit system can be used during combat to heal your party while fighting a tough opponent or group. If you survive the encounter, you could also transit to the EH, heal, and transit back in about 10 seconds and continue your quest unscathed. This was not the intended use of the transit system. It effectively grants the party immortality. Since this use of the transit system was not intended by the developers, it is considered an exploit, despite the fact that its means were deliberately placed in the game by the developers.

If you need any further clarification, please, hesitate to ask. I'm sure a little thinking on your part would have rendered this post unnecessary.

jengaaaaux2.gif

Couldn't agree more. But it still is an exploit. (If you exploit it, you must be in really bad shape -- punching above your weight or running around Taris without levelling up in order to have more Jedi levels before the level 20 cap ... oh, that's another exploit, isn't it? :blink: )

I'd consider that more of a strategy than an exploit. It's up to the user to decide what character build they want. If they want a weaker character now to trade for a stronger one later, that's their choice. This is especially effective if choosing the Consular Jedi class. A Consular with 16 Jedi levels is virtually untouchable.

jengaaaaux2.gif

With that little comment, you just proved yourself to be the largest dumbass of us all. I'll attempt to explain this to you.

The transit system was intended to allow you to return to the ship quickly from a long distance away to avoid long stretches of simply walking back. However, using the transit system also healed your entire party. This was added because if you were transiting back to the EH, chances are you were going to another planet, or going to walk around in the town nearby. It was assumed that you could be healed, because you'd probably use the Force otherwise, and why not just make things less of a hassle for the user right? No exploits thus far.

This is the exploit: the transit system can be used during combat to heal your party while fighting a tough opponent or group. If you survive the encounter, you could also transit to the EH, heal, and transit back in about 10 seconds and continue your quest unscathed. This was not the intended use of the transit system. It effectively grants the party immortality. Since this use of the transit system was not intended by the developers, it is considered an exploit, despite the fact that its means were deliberately placed in the game by the developers.

If you need any further clarification, please, hesitate to ask. I'm sure a little thinking on your part would have rendered this post unnecessary.

They had fixed this for KOTOR2, if you've read the topic in the link, or the manual it said "CAN'T BE USED IN COMBAT", also you don't heal when enter the Hawk (causing strange very long lasting injuries for teammates)

Also, you said before it's LA's failed. IT AIN'T. If you read the topic I linked too you would have read OBSIDIAN removed it.

The monkeys at LA just failed to remove it out of the Manual (more than 3 months later :thumbsup: )