Force Power Reset No Good

I like to use Jedi Speed to move around areas of the game I've already explored. Hell, I like to use it just about all the time. So, is anyone else like me getting sick of having to move your Jedi power from Force Heal to Force Speed every single time you load a new zone up? I would like to see a minor fix which keeps all the action bar settings where they are when you go from zone to zone, or maybe just make the default force power Jedi Speed. It's not a major deal, but a repetitive pain in the ass the way it is now. Makes me wonder how much the programmers play tested the game themselves. Anyone else agree?

Yes, it is a real pain, just like you have to scroll through a lot of attacks to get Flurry again after every Transit.

Or you're offensive attack Forces switching to something else is annoying

Also having Force Enlighment AND [Armor, Speed, Valor](all in Enlightment) all in the bar is just useless extra scrolling

Oy! It's very annoying, and I've thought about that very thing many times.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yes, it is a real pain, just like you have to scroll through a lot of attacks to get Flurry again after every Transit.

Also having Force Enlighment AND [Armor, Speed, Valor](all in Enlightment) all in the bar is just useless extra scrolling

So is this the official composition of force enlightenment ? If so, is battle meditation still useful when you use it ?

Agreed.

Here's something else that could be improved...brought it up over at Bioware because it was the same for KotOR1.

Why should upgrading to Force Wave remove Force Whirlwind as a force power? In games where I use Sneak Attack as a damage enhancer, Whirlwind is an excellent immobilizer, but I'm stuck NOT having Force Wave, which could come in handy.

I've been having the same problem. The thing is, I remember being able to edit the ini file for the first KOTOR and set the default force power and attack and I think items too to something else just using a numerical value. Now, I'm about 99 percent certain that I was able to do this in the first KOTOR, but now I'm unable to find that information, and my old KOTOR directory is gone, so I can't look back at it as a reference. This is driving me nuts, but I'll post back if I find the information again.

Yes this has annoyed me very much. Speed is the first power I take, and I use it almost constantly throughout the entire game (I am very impatient).

I remember thinking of a reason why it wouldn't be feasible to remember the last power/stim/armour/form/attack whilst playing ... can't think of it now ... maybe the reset after cut scenes / switching between different PCs.

Also the speed tends to run out at odd times whilst not un-blurring the landscape. I spent most of the Dantooine sub-level blurry. (It did stop when I got back outside -- maybe speeding in the dark hurts your PC's eyes ...?) :blink:

Ditto with the Force Whirlwind. If only the Whilwind was a multiple attack ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

In regard to the whole scrolling through Force Powers, yes, I do find that annoying cos I constantly use Speed, Valor, Resistance, and maybe something else...

Force Enlightenment was a good start.

Only problem with keeping previous powers together (Whirlwind/Wave) is that you'd only cram up the the box even more....

Maybe they could add another box next to the force power one, so that you can activate two powers without scrolling in one box.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

In regard to the whole scrolling through Force Powers, yes, I do find that annoying cos I constantly use Speed, Valor, Resistance, and maybe something else...

Force Enlightenment was a good start.

Only problem with keeping previous powers together (Whirlwind/Wave) is that you'd only cram up the the box even more....

Maybe they could add another box next to the force power one, so that you can activate two powers without scrolling in one box.

The interface would be beyond the Xbox.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT