KOTOR 1 continuation prob..

Look, has anyone noticed this glitch/bug...

I know Obsidian has introduced some form of continuation from the previous KOTOR

for those who played the prequel. To my knowledge I know this is done

through answering some questions during KOTOR 2 gameplay.

I realised this cue during my conversation with Atton in the cell block at peragus. (sorry for some spoilers here..)

So I reacted accordingly to what I experienced in KOTOR 1: My "Revan" was a female and she continued to the path of light at the end of KOTOR1..

But, from then on...as I played KOTOR2 till I reached Telos, I realised Revan was refered as a Sith! I had no other option in the dialogues but to either agree with it or ignore it?

One example is during the Ebon Hawk's hyperspace jump where I get to talk with Kreia about her "sabered" hand,

the conversation got till Revan's capture by the Jedi..I remembered after picking a dialogue, Kreia mentioned this sentence:

"Like all Sith do, Revan escape the Jedi and finish Malak...and that ended the Jedi Civil War."

I believe so, this is obvious enough to most of you..that she was implying Revan was a Sith after the events of KOTOR 1

There was another instance though, someone again mentioned Revan was a Sith that I can't remember.

So I think this really is a bug to me and its spoiling my game! Can someone pls tell me how to fix this??

No this isn't a problem. If you tell Atton he's must have been stuck in his cell too long and that Revan was a guy, then the rest of the story will portray him as a guy. If you tell Atton that he's crazy, again, and that Revan redeemed herself/hisself than the game will play out as if Revan went to the light side. It just has to do with the conversation coices you pick.

The test of whether this is working correctly is if one or two things happen:

SPOILERS:

If you set Revan as a LS character in KOTOR I... You get Carth Onasai and Bastila as a subplot once you reach Telos for the showdown on the Ravenger.

Also, prior to that point, Carth should be the Admiral that appears in hologram recordings on board the Harbinger. If you set Revan (M/FM) as DS, you get some generic Admiral because in the DS game, Revan -- no matter who he/she was -- Kills Carth and all the characters from the first game.

In addition...

If you have enough repair and computer skills and influence with T3... You'll get a holorecording of either Bastila or Carth (LS/Revan Male/FM) talking about how Revan left the outer rim in search of the real Sith threat and this is exactly why T3 was trying to find your PC (The Exile) in TSL.

If you set Revan as DS/Female you get a similar holorecording, but you get Carth -- Who should be DEAD -- Sending T3 on a mission to find any last remaining Jedi to stop Revan from succeeding in conquering the outer rim (or something to that effect) and hence, why T3 was looking for the PC in TSL.

No this isn't a problem. If you tell Atton he's must have been stuck in his cell too long and that Revan was a guy, then the rest of the story will portray him as a guy. If you tell Atton that he's crazy, again, and that Revan redeemed herself/hisself than the game will play out as if Revan went to the light side. It just has to do with the conversation coices you pick.

No, the thread started said specifically that s/he picked the choices she wanted in Atton's dialogue, but Revan is still being referred to incorrectly.

I too noticed this when playing. There are several times when Revan is referred to as "he" even when Revan is picked to be a woman.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I dont think the refrence to Revan being called a Sith isnt an error on Obisdian's part. Common people remember Revan as the evil sith who destroyed life across the galaxy. Most people dont know about Revans Redemption, word may travel fast but there are always things that get left out for some reason like people choose to remeber Revan as evil because the dont forgive him/her for the crimes s/he committed.

And as far as Kreia refering to Revan as sith, thats juat how she sees Revan. When she new Revan, Revan was evil, not a good-guy. You can be friends with someone as kid and when someone makes a refrence to them when your older (after no contact for a long period of time), you will always have in your memorie that the person is the person they were when you were a kid. Your mind doesnt know any better.

Meh, I must have not read it as thoroughly as I'd thought. Anyway, I don't see how two instances like this could ruin an entire game, and I mean, Revan WAS a Sith at one time, so, well, I didn't think it was a bug, but that's just me.

Well, not to nitpick... But it IS a major bug because it shatters the illusion that an RPG is supposed to create for the player by immersing them. Especially, a game that is a sequel where what you did in the first one SHOULD reflect somewhat on the second game even in small ways.

It is these small things that show pride and quality of work by Obsidian. Obviously, this isn't important to them. Maybe they should stop making RPGs then? Hmm...

The big problem (technical glitches aside) is that the default Revan storyline is the LS one -- Male or Female.

If you say, "I don't care about Revan's history" or something to that effect when talking to Atton in the cell... The game automatically assumes the default, LS story for Revan.

This is where some of these glitches -- And we KNOW there are tons of scripting errors; it's not rocket science given the state this game is in -- Show up because a gamer should be able to pick the choice they made in KOTOR and have it "stick" through the entire game in TSL. It does not. This is the whole crux of the argument and it is more of a technical glitch more than an artistic one if we are going to get right down to brass tacks about it.

SPOILERS:

If you set Revan as a LS character in KOTOR I... You get Carth Onasai and Bastila as a subplot once you reach Telos for the showdown on the Ravenger.

Also, prior to that point, Carth should be the Admiral that appears in hologram recordings on board the Harbinger. If you set Revan (M/FM) as DS, you get some generic Admiral because in the DS game, Revan -- no matter who he/she was -- Kills Carth and all the characters from the first game.

In addition...

If you have enough repair and computer skills and influence with T3... You'll get a holorecording of either Bastila or Carth (LS/Revan Male/FM) talking about how Revan left the outer rim in search of the real Sith threat and this is exactly why T3 was trying to find your PC (The Exile) in TSL.

If you set Revan as DS/Female you get a similar holorecording, but you get Carth -- Who should be DEAD -- Sending T3 on a mission to find any last remaining Jedi to stop Revan from succeeding in conquering the outer rim (or something to that effect) and hence, why T3 was looking for the PC in TSL.

Thanks for that info Master Dahvernas..yeah actually I did see Carth's hololog on the Harbinger, so maybe its really bad storytelling in Obsidian's part...so much for the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." concept. :wub:"

If you set Revan as DS/Female you get a similar holorecording, but you get Carth -- Who should be DEAD --

Carth didn't die in KotOR1. I've played it through many times as a dark-sider and each time he runs off up the hill from the beach.

So maybe he started his own Sitcom called 'Onasi's Island' where a stupid Gizka ruins all of his opportunities to leave the island... err planet. He was still alive though :thumbsup:

Also if you recall, Revan was a sith before KotOR2.

And if I recall correctly, there is a reference that Revan turned from the light side AGAIN (or left the sith to find the other sith and remained dark-side depending on your choices in the dialogue with Atton). Carth said something about Revan.

I believe Revan was supposed to be a Sith through and through. You were however given the chance to play him/her as a light-sider in KotOR1. But his head was all screwy from the Dr. Bastilla, Medicine woman treatment so he/she was confused but later came to his/her senses >:)

If you set Revan as DS/Female you get a similar holorecording, but you get Carth -- Who should be DEAD --

Carth didn't die in KotOR1. I've played it through many times as a dark-sider and each time he runs off up the hill from the beach.

You can kill Carth in KOTOR1 if you play DS. In fact I've seen screenshots were Bastilla says something to the effect of: "The fool is dead."

Whether Revan turned Dark or Light in KOTOR1 doesn't change the fact that he followed the perverted teachings of the Sith. He was NOT a Sith ever. The real Sith haven't made an appearance yet in the KOTOR series.

You can kill Carth in KOTOR1 if you play DS. In fact I've seen screenshots were Bastilla says something to the effect of: "The fool is dead."

You can kill Carth as a DS Female right after you kill Malak on the Starforge, if you've played the romance thing with him and convinced his son to leave the Sith academy on Korriban.