Re-Destribution

If they were to re-destribute KOTOR 2 with all the cuts added, would you pay another 50$?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. If they were to re-destribute KOTOR 2 with all the cuts added, would you pay another 50$?

• Yes
    • No

Hell no. If it's crucial to the story, it should either have been in from the start or be included in a free download.

If they were making an expansion pack for the usual $25 with a whole new storyline and series of locales, and that expansion also happened to restore some of the cut content in the original KOTOR 2, then I'd consider it.

Honestly, the number of "yes" votes I see is disturbing. What's wrong with you people? Do you want to encourage developers to gouge you like that?

Like the question implies; if Obsidian and Lucasarts were to re-destribute KOTOR 2 as a "newer game", with M4-78, the HK Factory, and other multiple aspects, would you pay an additional 50$ or so for it???

I would gladly pay. There's no other games worth buying anyway.

:-

No way would I pay for it. If people did buy such a package, it would be making a statement that it's okay to release a partially finished game and milk more money out of it by releasing a completed version later. The only circumstance where I might consider it, is if they released it at a reduced price, but even then I would feel very annoyed that I had to buy the game twice to see everything.

No i would not.

ATARI GAmes redistributed Unrealo Tournament Collectors Edition with new CHaracters sounds leverls and ect. and it let its older custoers just download the extra stuff. what a great company, Unreall2004 has been one of the most enjoyable online games io've ever played with its rip-it-and-grip-it action.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Like the question implies; if Obsidian and Lucasarts were to re-destribute KOTOR 2 as a "newer game", with M4-78, the HK Factory, and other multiple aspects, would you pay an additional 50$ or so for it???

Hell f---ing no.

I'm apalled at the number of you who even said yes.

You'd let a company rip you off, double charging you for what they were supposed to have given you the first time? I mean really, what the hell is wrong with you?

I guess it is true that there is a sucker born every minute, and that no one has ever gone broke underestimating the stupidity of the public.

I'd download that thing off a file sharer as soon as it was available, and consider that illegal action 100% justified.

One of the few games in last decade Id gladly pay again for (well no thats poor wording).

One of the few games in last decade I got my money worth from.

Games that were worth their price:

KotOR 1 and 2, Civ 3 (and expansions), Really ANY CIV game,Original rollercoaster Tycoon (and expansions), ANY Heros of Might and Magic.

Games not worth what paid for:

Halo (got for free and thats still to much), Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (wasted $30.00), WoW (played beta for free, way to much a price), SWG (great concept, to bad SOE handling it), Any D&D (fantasy) RPG since Gold Box Games by SSI. Republic Commando (played Demo, felt cheated).

Everything else really just sorta throw away games. Really wish developers would make quality products again like back in old C64 days!

Hell no.  If it's crucial to the story, it should either have been in from the start or be included in a free download.

If they were making an expansion pack for the usual $25 with a whole new storyline and series of locales, and that expansion also happened to restore some of the cut content in the original KOTOR 2, then I'd consider it.

Honestly, the number of "yes" votes I see is disturbing.  What's wrong with you people?  Do you want to encourage developers to gouge you like that?

Couldn't have said it better.

• 4 weeks later...

^^ That may be true, but why don't Obsidian go the way of Valve and distribute an 'expansion pack' (with the missing content and more) with a similar system to Steam. The 'expansion pack' could cost from $5-$10 (within the price range of a premium mod for Neverwinter Nights, they could even emulate the system Bioware used ;) ), and this low price could be simply achieved by the fact there would be no packaging distribution costs etc.

If ony it weren't Star Wars, that way Obsidian would be able to do their own thing without LucasArts strangling them........

It would take more than just the cut content for me to pay $50 again, I would though pay another $50 if they added three more worlds and some new weapons/armor/etc. along with the cut content.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

First, I didn't pay fifty dollars the first time; second, I'd just put the original version inside the case of the second and return it to the store the next day.

I can do this, see, because I'm an obnoxious prick.

Are you criminally insane, congenitally stupid or just on serious medication?

Would I pay double for a game I should have got the first time, after having my time wasted playing it when it wasn't finished?

Or how about: would I like to encourage poor delivery standards in future games by paying double for half a game?

Even if all the existing material supplied on the media were spliced back in, there would still need to be some serious work done on the plot, the narrative and the character sketches.

To sum up: NO.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There was a point, maybe a couple of days, when I was so happy with the majority of the game and so frustrated and disappointed by the weak ending that I might have done something as foolish as pay again for a completed game. I would still pay for an expansion pack, at expansion pack prices and expecting more cut content to be restored than has so far been discovered. But as things stand, no, I wouldn't pay again for the same product.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What Obsidian should do is that if you do not already own the game you could pay the $50 for the new and improved game. But if you already own the game you could bring some kind of proof and get the 'expansion' for less.