Just something I've noticed...

I am very thankful for the patch, and the soon to be added higher resolution movies and music.

Thank you Obsidian.

I just wanted to say that before I posted anything else.

I know, a lot of Xbox players are having an uproar over the patch the PC version of TSL. I know they feel neglected by the OE and LA... But, take one look at the PC version as it is now (patch and all), and you have absolutely nothing to be jealous about.

The issues the Xbox players are having, such as the Handmaiden Jedi Glitch have NOT been resolved. Turning Bao-Dur into a Jedi before you get your own lightsaber glitch is NOT resolved. All the glitches, bugs and exploits of the Xbox TSL are still in the PC version, and probably, will never be fixed.

That's more like seeing the good in bad - it's not like they're any better off. (Although I hope they don't deliberately not fix it).

Anyawy, last laugh, not really I guess.

Nice to see Obsidian bouncing back...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Of course they could be fixed, it isn't like XBox games haven't gotten patches before... Or added content for that matter, just as the first KOTOR did with the Yavin Station being added to the XB version several months after the PC version's release.

But I'm glad I have the PC version.... ^_^

dude im an x-box user, we paid more for the game, we only got 2/3's of the content and a ****ty ending, u paid around 30 for it, two months later, u get a patch that gives u the completed game, so dont give me that last laugh ****.

What the hell are you talking about dude?

The PC version has the same amount of content the Xbox version does. The patch does not add the missing ending or content.

EDIT - 50$ for mine too. Went the second day after the release... Should have waited a bit...

Seems to me that some X-boxers are mistaking a fan created content mod for an official patch.....

Fans have modded games on the PC for years, and they'll continue to do so - that has nothing to do with anything official or being 'ripped off' by a company because Xboxers don't have access to what fans create. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

dude im an x-box user, we paid more for the game, we only got 2/3's of the content and a ****ty ending, u paid around 30 for it, two months later, u get a patch that gives u the completed game, so dont give me that last laugh ****.

f_BigCup1.jpg

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

After reading a few threads on the bugs that remain... It indeed looks like the original Xbox bugs are going to remain... I imagine this is to retain some sort of equality between the two versions.

Just to name a few... Handmaiden jedi glitch, Bao-can't build a lightsaber glitch, Telos criminal glitch, Redemption quest on Danto- unsolveble... etc (i'm sure you guys can name more)

After reading a few threads on the bugs that remain... It indeed looks like the original Xbox bugs are going to remain... I imagine this is to retain some sort of equality between the two versions.

Just to name a few...  Handmaiden jedi glitch, Bao-can't build a lightsaber glitch, Telos criminal glitch, Redemption quest on Danto- unsolveble... etc (i'm sure you guys can name more)

I dont get this, I bought game when it first came out

Handmaiden Jedi Glitch: Never happened, only time I wasnt able to turn her into a jedi was when I screwed up in interactions with her. My own screw up is hardly what is clasified as a glitch though.

Bao cant build lightsabre? Never happened, if I had ALL the parts he built it each and EVERY time.

Redemption Quest: Completed it in 6 of my 8 play throughs, didnt complete it in 2 play through because *gasps* I DIDNT REDEEM THE JEDIS AND TOOK THE EVIL ROUTE!!!!!! . Again, my own actions do not qualify as game glitchs!

Telos Criminal Glitch? WHAT GLITCH! either lie to the telos officer and finish quest or find them on planet serface and finish quest!

Telos Fuel Quest (anouther quest everyone complained about), set up communications between the hutt and telos and YOUR part of the quest is finished. If people stopped and actually read the message they would realize that your part of quest is just setting up communication, not actually getting fuel to Telos. Hence why the Telos officer doesnt reward you because you are rewarded by the Hutt when you set up the communications between him and Telos government.

Gotta admit, its really annoying to come here and see non stop whines about COMPLETEABLE quests being glitchs when its just the players inability to read that is the problem.

I truely doubt I got the ONE and ONLY working copy of KotOR2 for xbox.

Sorry that logic just doesnt fly!

Flame away but fact remains, every quest in XBox version is completeable if you read the messages game gives you.

*disclaimer* I have noticed since its release though that players that uttilize ingame cheats and/or have modified their xboxs did have the mass majority of issues with game. To them all I can say is *you cheat, you lose*. As it is in life, as it is in gaming. Only themselves to blame.

well i have found almsot NO glitches in MY version of Xbox, I have played it three times and nothign serious except for cut content and a few minor visual things and slowdowns.

I get to play MY KOTOR game on a 42 inch 16:9 flat panel screen while lieing on a couch not hunched over a keyboard. No offense to all u Comp players out their Im merely trying to defend the Box Bashers.

So people who bitch about teh Xbox version sucking and teh PC players getting extra attention have no clue what they are talking aobut. Its a system of Checks and balances, ITs teh American way!!!!

Just to name a few...  Handmaiden jedi glitch, Bao-can't build a lightsaber glitch, Telos criminal glitch, Redemption quest on Danto- unsolveble... etc (i'm sure you guys can name more)

Handmaiden Jedi Glitch: Never happened, only time I wasnt able to turn her into a jedi was when I screwed up in interactions with her. My own screw up is hardly what is clasified as a glitch though.

Bao cant build lightsabre? Never happened, if I had ALL the parts he built it each and EVERY time.

Redemption Quest: Completed it in 6 of my 8 play throughs, didnt complete it in 2 play through because *gasps* I DIDNT REDEEM THE JEDIS AND TOOK THE EVIL ROUTE!!!!!! . Again, my own actions do not qualify as game glitchs!

Telos Criminal Glitch? WHAT GLITCH! either lie to the telos officer and finish quest or find them on planet serface and finish quest!

Telos Fuel Quest (anouther quest everyone complained about), set up communications between the hutt and telos and YOUR part of the quest is finished. If people stopped and actually read the message they would realize that your part of quest is just setting up communication, not actually getting fuel to Telos. Hence why the Telos officer doesnt reward you because you are rewarded by the Hutt when you set up the communications between him and Telos government.

Gotta admit, its really annoying to come here and see non stop whines about COMPLETEABLE quests being glitchs when its just the players inability to read that is the problem.

Flame away but fact remains, every quest in XBox version is completeable if you read the messages game gives you.

*disclaimer* I have noticed since its release though that players that uttilize ingame cheats and/or have modified their xboxs did have the mass majority of issues with game. To them all I can say is *you cheat, you lose*. As it is in life, as it is in gaming. Only themselves to blame.

The Handmaiden glitch is random. After the cut-scene with Kreia *SOMETIMES* you will find yourself alone @ Jedi Academy on Telos.

The Bao-Dur glitch happens when you turn him into a jedi *BEFORE* building your lightsaber. You won't have the option anymore.

For the redemption quest. What exactly did you do to finish it?

The Criminal quest.... Unless you do the meeting with them in some sort of weird order, it will become unsolveble. (they won't appear on the planet below. and no, the journal does not hint anything)

I didn't say anything about the fuel quest. I know it's not broken.

These are existing. I must say, you must have some luck to have avoided them all.

And the point of this thread was to inform all the Xbox owners that feel alittle cheated about PC patches, and the fact that we are getting bug fixes, that they shouldn't be. Because it's taken 4 months for us to have the same game as they do.

The Handmaiden glitch is random. After the cut-scene with Kreia *SOMETIMES* you will find yourself alone @ Jedi Academy on Telos.

The Bao-Dur glitch happens when you turn him into a jedi *BEFORE* building your lightsaber. You won't have the option anymore.

For the redemption quest. What exactly did you do to finish it?

The Criminal quest.... Unless you do the meeting with them in some sort of weird order, it will become unsolveble. (they won't appear on the planet below. and no, the journal does not hint anything)

I didn't say anything about the fuel quest. I know it's not broken.

These are existing. I must say, you must have some luck to have avoided them all.

And the point of this thread was to inform all the Xbox owners that feel alittle cheated about PC patches, and the fact that we are getting bug fixes, that they shouldn't be. Because it's taken 4 months for us to have the same game as they do.

Redemption is all about redeaming the jedi.

You get the quest when you speak to the female NPC that comes to your ship and see you are a jedi. So take the light route, do everything you need to do to help the village, then save the village, then speak to the same NPC (she is outside the town hall after you save the village) and she has changed her mind and jedis have been REDEMED.

If you dont help the village, if you go evil, you have solidified her opinion of the Jedis and there for not redemed them (hense you have failed to complete quest).

As for criminals, only order is get the quest, goto Czerka Corp head Quarter where you encounter criminals, return to the police HQ and lie to officer (which works 100% of the time) or you have to goto surface and encounter the criminals there (which also works).

BUT if you encounter Criminals on surface that means you must then RETURN to police HQ after you do military base and Telos academy for your reward (which I must admit I forgot to do in one game). So quest stays active until you head back (prior to Ravenger part) and do the last step.

Didnt say you said anything about feul, just remember there being like 50 topics about it (when game first released) with people claiming its bugged because Police Officer on Telos doesnt give out the reward so added it in my example!

Its really just a simple matter of reading and understanding whats been said and is required of you.

or you have to goto surface and encounter the criminals there (which also works).

This is the part of the quest that is tricky.

They don't appear on the surface, not always. Even if you did see them at the Cz office.

If you don't see them their then this quest becomes broken.