You've left me an opening

Thanks, stoffe - one reason I was asking is because of how often disciple hollers that particular cry.

Interesting.

I'm not good at statistics so the math is probably way off, but critical hits shouldn't be all that rare so I think it is normal that the bark plays a lot.

For example, if he dual-wields two weapons with a 19-20 critical threat range, that would give a 10% chance of a critical hit per attack, with 2 attacks/round from dual-wield, +1 attack/round from flurry/rapid shot, +2 attacks/round from Master Speed...

So, 5 times every 6 seconds he would have a 10% chance of playing that bark... A 50% chance that one of the attacks in that round is a critical hit?

Hmm....I had thought I'd read that crit. hits were not that frequent (relatively speaking) - which was one reason many chose flurry over crit. strike - or something, I don't pay attention to the math much.

Not that crit. hits are rare, just not that commonplace. I mean, 10% doesn't sound very high, and reality I'm not sure it would be - but games always seem to take that 10% and turn it into...something else.

Disciple often cries that out eeach attack round for a few rounds in a row, then he'll skip a round or two, then repeat the process.

Anyway, thanks again, knowing that will make the game more statistically interesting to me, being able to tell when my 'guys' are crit. hitting w/out having to look at the dialog log.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm....I had thought I'd read that crit. hits were not that frequent (relatively speaking) - which was one reason many chose flurry over crit. strike - or something, I don't pay attention to the math much.

That depends a bit on what kind of weapon you are using. If you use standard lightsabers with a Keen-upgrade, and then use Master Critical Strike with those, you'd get a 11-20 critical threat range... that is nearly 50% chance that each hit is a critical hit , provided that you manage to hit the enemy.

If you use the lightsaber stance that gives you a +1 to the critical hit multiplier, that's a near 50% chance of doing X3 damage with every hit.

And if you dual-wield, use master speed and the lightsaber form that gives +1 attack/round (Juyo?), then flurry appears to be worthless anyway since you can do at most 5 attacks/round unless I remember incorrectly. :) (Though that only works for the Exile, since the others can't get that lightsaber form.)

lol coran...indeed. I always love it when the graphics show a sword going straight thru the middle of an enemy and they don't even stagger. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

stoffe - well the thing is, Disciple is almost never speeded up in my games, and I never use any of the 'forms' - he tends to use power attack almost as much as he uses flurry (since I give him both - I like the animation for power strike).

But I do give him 2 single sabers and usually have Keen on both.

Edit - Atton tends to be given Master Crit Strike and 2 sabers/Keen, and he doesn't say his line nearly as often.

2nd Edit - but like I said, math makes my head spin, so.... :D

I love how they named the characters in this game. Disciple, Handmaiden, Mandalore... maybe next time we'll have Jedi, Politician, Gambler, Hot Chick...ect. Seriously, a little creativity never hurts. <_<

I love how they named the characters in this game.  Disciple, Handmaiden, Mandalore... maybe next time we'll have Jedi, Politician, Gambler, Hot Chick...ect.  Seriously, a little creativity never hurts. <_<

Handsome Guy, Comic Relief, Secretive, Pilot, Hero, Damsel In Distress OR DID for short, Victim, Tough Guy...errm :blink: ...I can't think of anymore at the moment :thumbsup:

Well that was rather disappointing ... though I have arrived a little after the fact, let's say we'll try to ensure it does not happen again.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I have reviewed the thread and though the person who chose to post in manner that was not only juvenile, it also seems to me to be misogynist, has had to face the consequences. I would like to add that those who seem to have 'taken the ball and run

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: