KOTOR III

OE :(

or:

Inexile

Bioware

Piranha Bytes(after i decide if G3 is good) :p

I doubt BioWare is going to do it.

Although, they could be pursuaded to license out their new RPG engine I suppose.

That might work. Use the Jade Empire engine ... :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

What do you want then d6? :p"

D20 was already used in the first 2,changing it now would be simply stupid :p

Imagine they would have to rethink the whole game mechanics :p

Collective makes action games,they have no experience with RPG systems :p

There is no need to have continuity of combat systems, so long as the new system works similarly (i.e. in a simulcrum of reality with fantasy elements, like Force powers).

The character classes betwen K1 and K2 have vastly different bonuses associated with their levels, for example.

The problem is epic characters make a nonsense of the scale -- they break it. So these bits need to be handicapped, whilst the early levels and low statistics are adequate.

The biggest improvement needed is more granularity in combat, the bonuses and calculations in general. Think of this: instead of d20, why not d200?

Instead of 15 STR = +2, it could be +22 to hit (equivalent to +2.2 in d20) and 16 STR = +25 to hit (equivalent to +2.5 in d20).

So a calculation like 75% chance to hit (15/20):

STR (15) = +2 + Roll (12d20) + Weapon Bonus (+1) = 15 which hits

becomes:

STR (15) = +22 + Roll (119d200) + Weapon Bonus (+:( = 149 which misses

This gives more, smaller increments, so that you don't have a 95% chance of htting at the end of the game, for example.

Why not d1000, or even d10000?

And it would not affect the earlier games at all. :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"Collective makes action games,they have no experience with RPG systems"

And? this is irreleavnt. When BIO made BG1 they had never made a RPG either, did they now? Companies always have to do a first to make a seocnd or a third. If rookie PRG developers never got a chance to make a RPG we'd eventually have no RPG developers. Use logic, please.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

metadigital,

If you use you're system it would go rampage.

Example: Lightsaber upgrade:

You get +10 damage in the begin

And +10.000 in the end?

And what if a Random System Generator spawns that neat little 25.000 damage crystal in the begin of the game (where enemy's have 300HP or such...)

Edit: Also able: Replace damage by AB and HP by AC

"Collective makes action games,they have no experience with RPG systems"

And? this is irreleavnt. When BIO made BG1 they had never made a RPG either, did they now? Companies always have to do a first to make a seocnd or a third. If rookie PRG developers never got a chance to make a RPG we'd eventually have no RPG developers. Use logic, please.

Bioware actually decided to make RPGs,the collective do action games :( ( Bio also had Black Isle support)

If rookie PRG developers never got a chance to make a RPG we'd eventually have no RPG developers

Collective are not RPG developers they develop action games :thumbsup:

Oh,and logic is my nemesis :-;)" :p

metadigital,

If you use you're system it would go rampage.

Example: Lightsaber upgrade:

You get +10 damage in the begin

And +10.000 in the end?

And what if a Random System Generator spawns that neat little 25.000 damage crystal in the begin of the game (where enemy's have 300HP or such...)

Okay, your misapprehending.

d20

die roll = 12 (12/20 = 60%)

bonus = (+2+1)

score = 15 = 75% chance to hit (15 divided by 20: if it helps, remember that 1/20 = 5%)

so, if we use a d200:

die roll could be, for our example, anywhere from 115-124. (This expands the equivalent percentage out to 57.5%-62%, and half of these "die rolls" will end up less than required to hit the target, so we are effectively rolling d"20.0", where a 14.9 won't hit and a 15.0 will.)

Bonuses can be staggered more gently, so that instead of +1 d20 (= +10 in d200), we can have +5 or +12 (= +0.5 and +1.2 in d20). Do you see?

We are breaking down the bonuses so that we don't have to add them in 5% increments. We can add in 0.5% increments (d200) or 0.1% increments (d1000). So you could end up with a 99.5% chance to hit (e.g. a stationary object) but each level would be only a little better than the last (say, 0.5% better).

Look at it this way: adding +1 per level means that after 20 levels you have run out of effective room on the d20. Adding +5 per level would not run out until level 40 for a d200. :thumbsup:

Make sense? d20 AFAIK was never meant for epic levels: it was thought up for paper-based D&D to help make a quick approximation of percentages (one twenty-sided die roll gives 20 x 5% probabilities). Each level took approximately double the experience of the last level, so Level 20 was almost unheard of (for PCs, NPCs could be met with said experience).

:-

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

metadigital,

Yes, I understand, but I don't think it will work.

Enemy's will get thougher (otherwise fighting the same enemy's lvl 1 and lvl 20 bores at lvl 20)...

But the bonusses get bigger too...

If you get an item +1 attack it's good in D20 (low lvl)

In you're D200 system the least should be about +50 (lvl 1).

200 numbers will unbalance a game even more.

EXAMPLE:

Enemy has AC 100...

You can already defeat him if rolling correctly...

Enemy has AC 40

Dead right away...

Enemy has AC 300 (You NEED 100 and roll 200, if you get the items totally giving +100 of AB soon when meeting AC 150 enemy's, you'll kill them instantely)

Morale of this Story: It get's REALLY unbalanced like this...

metadigital,

Yes, I understand, but I don't think it will work.

Enemy's will get thougher (otherwise fighting the same enemy's lvl 1 and lvl 20 bores at lvl 20)...

But the bonusses get bigger too...

If you get an item +1 attack it's good in D20 (low lvl)

In you're D200 system the least should be about +50 (lvl 1).

200 numbers will unbalance a game even more.

EXAMPLE:

Enemy has AC 100...

You can already defeat him if rolling correctly...

Enemy has AC 40

Dead right away...

Enemy has AC 300 (You NEED 100 and roll 200, if you get the items totally giving +100 of AB soon when meeting AC 150 enemy's, you'll kill them instantely)

Morale of this Story: It get's REALLY unbalanced like this...

Why should the equivalent of +1 (d20) be +50 (d200) ?

Surely it should be equivalent, and that would be (200/20 = 10) 10 x 1 = 10.

So the d200 bonus would be +10.

At the moment a DC of 40 is outstanding.

If we use d200, then 400 would be similar.

Instead of adding +10 for each additional level, you could use a smaller increment, such as +8 or even +5. So that next level your PC doesn't have a DC of 410 but 408 or 405, respectively.

Why must you get an AB of +100 immediately? Level 1 characters miss more often than hit. If you come across an aponent with a DC of 150, you have to roll in the region of 140 now (with the +10 bonus).

To be clear, I am not proposing changing the mechanics. I am proposing using a larger scale of the same mechanics. Granularity.

Think of it this way:

keep the same d20 system, just change the bonuses to +0.5 per level instead of +1. And then roll a d20.0, so that you will get any number from 0.1 to 20.0, inclusive.

Then when you try to hit a target that requires a 75% score, for example, you will need to have bonuses and a natural roll adding up to 15.0 (bonuses of +1 + 0.5, therefore a natural roll of 13.5 or above).

Similarly the DC would be 40.0.

Yes? :thumbsup:

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The problem is epic characters make a nonsense of the scale -- they break it. So these bits need to be handicapped, whilst the early levels and low statistics are adequate.

The biggest improvement needed is more granularity in combat, the bonuses and calculations in general.

I agree. And while I would also agree that KOTOR III needs to be epic in scope and with an epic PC, I'm hoping for a less epic story beyond KOTOR III.

The biggest improvement needed is more granularity in combat, the bonuses and calculations in general.

I agree. And while I would also agree that KOTOR III needs to be epic in scope and with an epic PC, I'm hoping for a less epic story beyond KOTOR III.

i agree kotor 3 need to be a story. they should use revan if kotor 3 is truly the end of this current storyline. only fitting i think

i agree kotor 3 need to be a story. they should use revan if kotor 3 is truly the end of this current storyline. only fitting i think

Well, if the player character is Revan again it will will settle all the arguments about Revan's gender and so forth, and solve the problem of a cameo that could upsets some ppl. But then there is still the Exile to deal with.

Well, if the player character is Revan again it will will settle all the arguments about Revan's gender and so forth, and solve the problem of a cameo that could upsets some ppl. But then there is still the Exile to deal with.

And if the PC is Revan, that will just open up a whole new can of worms. <_<

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

And if the PC is Revan, that will just open up a whole new can of worms. <_<

Well, Revan's gender and alignment can be determined at the beginning of the game ... and Revan can have amnesia and have lost fitness over the last few years, so as to be back at a low level ... oh, wait -- that sounds familiar ... :thumbsup:"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

so as to be back at a low level ... oh, wait -- that sounds familiar ... :thumbsup:"

Exactly.

I don't really care too much (although I'd prefer to have Revan as male) about alignment or gender. What I do care about is them screwing up the levels. I know balance issues are already kind of out of whack, but dropping Revan's levels down just to suit being able to play him/her as the PC would be silly.

I honestly think that IF they want to bring back Revan for KOTOR3, the best way to allow it is to have Revan show up, at most, as a NPC party member who joins near the end of the game (ie. helps out in the final battle). That way Revan can conceivably keep their high levels, while at the same time not being too uber powerful at the beginning of the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

so as to be back at a low level ... oh, wait -- that sounds familiar ... :blink:"

Exactly.

I don't really care too much (although I'd prefer to have Revan as male) about alignment or gender. What I do care about is them screwing up the levels. I know balance issues are already kind of out of whack, but dropping Revan's levels down just to suit being able to play him/her as the PC would be silly.

I honestly think that IF they want to bring back Revan for KOTOR3, the best way to allow it is to have Revan show up, at most, as a NPC party member who joins near the end of the game (ie. helps out in the final battle). That way Revan can conceivably keep their high levels, while at the same time not being too uber powerful at the beginning of the game.

If they make Revan a man he has to handsome, otherwise I'm not playing at all. :thumbsup: And if Revan gets made a girl, I suppose they'll also have to make her very attractive so the guys can forgive her for being a her. Either way a good personality that dosen't insult original fans will have to be supplied.

Either that or Revan has a really minute cameo in androginous robes and says nothing at all.

If they make Revan a man he has to handsome, otherwise I'm not playing at all.  :thumbsup: And if Revan gets made a girl, I suppose they'll also have to make her very attractive so the guys can forgive her for being a her. Either way a good personality that dosen't insult original fans will have to be supplied.

Either that or Revan has a really minute cameo in androginous robes and says nothing at all.

Right, I've stated before that they should go ahead and set the Exile's identity and use him as a scripted character. However, that would be much harder to do with Revan.

The best way to use Revan is as a plot device (i.e. you receive a transmission from Revan's protocal droid asking for some sort of favor, etc). As long as you don't have to see him or hear his voice, you can have Revan as a major puppet-master kind of character. A role that is quite fitting, as it happens.

umm no I dont think computer pixels are sexy either way. I would be dissappointed if they made revan a girl no matter how "sexy" she is or how many players gawk at her nice "rack" and "body". But thats just my opinion sorry if it was rude or i offended somebody but I mean COME ON, ITS blurred blocky PIXELS made by some 350 pound guy in a cubicle!!!!

Furthermore Revan SHOULD be a man and while i dont care if in star wars history they make him LS or DS i want to play him as LS cause i just do no get asmuch enjoyment out of wrecking other peoples lives, I must be too programed by TV and Movie heros to think that casueing suffering is fun but thats just me.

In short, i agree with GoA that it would be cool to have Revan come as a fully interactive NPC at the end of the game, and If Xbox 2 is backwards compatable, they could read ur save game file from KOTOR for his face and if u do not have his face casue u did not play KOTOR on Xbox 2 then they could put him in the Revan Robes. The same goes for the computer.

EDIT: also it could read ur latest save game file to deicde whether Revan enters as LS or DS depending how u played, this woudl also change his voice which they could have multiple actors do since he will be at the end fo the game and not have an overabundance of dialogue.

I would be dissappointed if they made revan a girl no matter how "sexy" she is or how many players gawk at her nice "rack" and "body".

Furthermore Revan SHOULD be a man

*sigh* <_<

I sense another battle of the sexes approaching. :ermm:

Have you got the original Trilogy DVDs and the extras DVD? Because it may be of interest to you to know that there were many intersting stages in the development. One of the early concepts of Luke had him as a midget, another version had the female twin as the hero/jedi.

Just because father and son Anakin and Luke were males, it does not dictate that all leading jedi roles post films "should be a man". :blink:

Keep in consideration that we still live in a male dominated society, this also influences the entertainment industry, but does not have to.

Please try to avoid making sexist statements in the future as there are women in the forums and we do get offended. Show us some respect please.

Also I did not say that a female Revan should be made into big chested sexual object of male players desires, merely that I understand that many male gamers would be upset is Revan was made into a girl fullstop. But some may overlook it somewhat if they made her pretty. I doubt that Revan would be made as default female anyway. Which is unfortunate in MY opinion, but I know quite well that the gaming world is still considered as 'a mans territory'. And as I said before if they have to give Revan a default gender, which would probably be male, the least they could for us female audiences is make make him attractive, ergo a 'pretty boy' or handsome.