KOTOR III

So you link us to a forum with a mention of people wanting KoToRIII?  Thats is not even a rumor, it is someones wish...

Yeah, I was looking for the part where someone with some sort of authority was making a statement. I guess there wasn't one.

Anyways, the fact that nobody is in development on this game yet means that it will at least be a year before we even see KOTOR III, assuming it gets made. Does this bum anyone else out or just me? :thumbsup:

So you link us to a forum with a mention of people wanting KoToRIII?  Thats is not even a rumor, it is someones wish...

Yeah, I was looking for the part where someone with some sort of authority was making a statement. I guess there wasn't one.

Anyways, the fact that nobody is in development on this game yet means that it will at least be a year before we even see KOTOR III, assuming it gets made. Does this bum anyone else out or just me? :thumbsup:

Someone will make it, there's too much money involved and far too many potential buyers for Lucas arts to bail out now. I doubt KOTOR 3 would get turned down now that there is an eagerly awaiting audience, who have played at least 1 of the first 2 games.

this is what we in Danish call "agurke-tid" or "cucumber-time" ..

:thumbsup:

:-

Would you mind elaborating a little on that?

I thought you liked researching? :geek:"

oh well .. it's a certain time of the year when the newspapers etc run out of interesting news and start focusing on less .. serious .. topics..

Fortune favors the bald.

This is what i think, I think that the reason K3 was orignally pulled was becasue they are waiting to see how the combat system in Episode three is recieved. If Peopel like teh system of fighitng a lot, I think that they will incorporate it into the next K3 game. Thats why they are only focussing on preproduction things liek sotryline and have not even begun developement.

I'm sorry if i sound mean but my farts sound like they know more about KOTOR3 than these idiots. They are just a few people who think they know what they're talking about. They give no evedence or wuotes or snippit of web where they got their info. But KOTOR3 probly, if named wont be called KOTOR3 It will probly be some different name. It's starting to win the longest name prize.

Thanks, you LucasArts contracted Game Developer, you! -- I'm glad you covered that up for us.

Shhhhhhhhh!

:( I am not lucas arts contracted i am just someone who doesn't like a group of obsessed freeks pressure companies into making a good series into 1 good game and 6 shCrappy ones.

The storyline might have something to do with the Yuzhan Vong, I wouldn't be surprised. They are mentioned by Canderous in the first one, and you could see a relation between them and the Rakata, but they were mentioned no where else. In the second, they talk about some void in space where Revan went or w/e... I dunno Ill play it again and see what I come up with.

The storyline might have something to do with the Yuzhan Vong, I wouldn't be surprised.  They are mentioned by Canderous in the first one, and you could see a relation between them and the Rakata, but they were mentioned no where else.  In the second, they talk about some void in space where Revan went or w/e... I dunno Ill play it again and see what I come up with.

If an EU author creates an interesting character or race, does it immediately become fair game for any other author or does it remain the intellectual property of the original author?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

But KOTOR3 probly, if named wont be called KOTOR3 It will probly be some different name. It's starting to win the longest name prize.

[NEW CRIT INFO about KOTOR3 unlocked, The name]

Star Wars- Knights of the Old Republic3- The Sith Lords2- I feel a disturbance in the Force, Master Revan...

:cool:

This is the way I see it:

* this is going to start off as a next-gen console title.

* there has been a strict non-disclosure agreement for these titles (as least in the recent past).

* under such circumstances, it is best to leak out information to reputable gaming industry personalities like the Hedgehog.

* Leaked information IS reliable in the sense that it was true at the time it was leaked. However, leaking allows you to change course in midstream and have plausible deniability.

* there is no doubt in my mind that the Hedgehog is reporting leaked information...information that was leaked on purpose.

Hopefully, we will get SOMETHING from E3 on this. That will also help keep Hedgehog's credibility intact.

This is what i think, I think  that the reason K3 was orignally pulled was becasue they are waiting to see how the combat system in Episode three is recieved. If Peopel like teh system of fighitng a lot, I think that they will incorporate it into the next K3 game. Thats why they are only focussing on preproduction things liek sotryline and have not even begun developement.

Actually, you might be right there. Jade Empire is an RPG with really good action. There is no reason they could not use the Ep III engine for an RPG. There are certain things (like dialogue trees) that would have to be added but it could certainly be done.

And since it appears that BioWare and Obsidian are not going to do it, why not have the Collective do it?

(w00t) The collective don't do RPGs,silly :p:thumbsup:"

Implementing the AD&D system is also very important to the game mechanics :p Collective have never made an RPG :p"

Making RPGs is much harder than Action games :x

If you want an action game go to Raven :p

What do you want then d6? :p"

D20 was already used in the first 2,changing it now would be simply stupid :p

Imagine they would have to rethink the whole game mechanics :p

Collective makes action games,they have no experience with RPG systems :(