KOTOR III

Yet another rumor... This one has some background to it, at least... At, it's true based on current knowledge... :ph34r:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

There will be definitely a KotOR 3 because its a valuable trademark.

The only question is : When its gonna happen?

In 2 years? In 4 years? Maybe in 6 years?

Lets see if there will be something  announced at the e3.

right, and what platform?

my hunch is that it will start out as an Xbox 360 exclusive and then a port several months later.

Its pretty vague and not really a rumour at all other than to say that kotor 3 will be made... well duh! sequels are always a good way to make money.

well, of all the insider rumors that I've seen, this one has the most credibility to it, IMO.

fair play to ya dude,i dont get much time to search out snipets of news about such things,its the whole point of forums is't it to share info and the like

It would be rather restrictive for a new developer to make the next game.

Instead of playing around with one other developers leftovers they would have to convincingly make use of 2. :blink:

This would mean that they wouldn't have much room to make use of a lot of their own completely fresh ideas; but would have to draw off already existing ones. For example, there are already a whole lot of characters and a story to be concluded.

I think conclusions can often be the most difficult aspect of a story. :)

In my opinion, the best results would probably be gained by either Bioware or Obsidian finishing off their own work. But then again, new inspiration and a fresh perspective is also a good thing. :ermm:

Instead of playing around with one other developers leftovers they would have to convincingly make use of 2.  :blink:

This would mean that they wouldn't have much room to make use of a lot of their own completely fresh ideas; but would have to draw off already existing ones. For example, there are already a whole lot of characters and a story to be concluded.

In my opinion, the best results would probably be gained by either Bioware or Obsidian finishing off their own work. But then again, new inspiration and a fresh perspective is also a good thing. :ermm:

As you say, the ending is crucial and there are a lot of loose plots to tie in and up. I think it will require an excellent (team of) writer(s) to accomplish with satisfaction, but then that is totally independant of the game mechanics.

So all the potential customers can hope for is a good writing effort on top of whatever game and platform released. But that's like saying I want to drive a car that has passed the mandatory safety tests -- it's self evident and therefore redundant.

A new team is just as likely to write a brilliant sequel as either OE or Bio.

Now if we could just get the game to work ...

:-

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Instead of playing around with one other developers leftovers they would have to convincingly make use of 2.  :blink:

As you say, the ending is crucial and there are a lot of loose plots to tie in and up. I think it will require an excellent (team of) writer(s) to accomplish with satisfaction, but then that is totally independant of the game mechanics.

So all the potential customers can hope for is a good writing effort on top of whatever game and platform released. But that's like saying I want to drive a car that has passed the mandatory safety tests -- it's self evident and therefore redundant.

A new team is just as likely to write a brilliant sequel as either OE or Bio.

Now if we could just get the game to work ...

:-

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...75entry319375

In my opinion, the best results would probably be gained by either Bioware or Obsidian finishing off their own work. But then again, new inspiration and a fresh perspective is also a good thing. :)

I was just browsing through the BioWare forums and saw a recent dev post that pretty much indicates that BioWare is not going to do it. Anything is possible, I guess, but I think it is going to someone new.

One wonders about the fact that once someone completes a LA project, they don't want another one even though there is plenty of money to be made.

This really only points to one thing: LA is hard to work with on these projects. Hopefully that will change.

In my opinion, the best results would probably be gained by either Bioware or Obsidian finishing off their own work. But then again, new inspiration and a fresh perspective is also a good thing. :)

I was just browsing through the BioWare forums and saw a recent dev post that pretty much indicates that BioWare is not going to do it. Anything is possible, I guess, but I think it is going to someone new.

One wonders about the fact that once someone completes a LA project, they don't want another one even though there is plenty of money to be made.

This really only points to one thing: LA is hard to work with on these projects. Hopefully that will change.

Yeah Lucas Arts seems to have trouble working with people, but hopefully it will all change since Lucas bought that big thing of Land in Cali and has all of Lucas**** together in one area..who knows....

Well let's see... Lucasarts could develop it internally, they've worked with The Collective before so they might take a stab at it, they've also worked with Pandemic before... who knows/cares?? <_<

So you link us to a forum with a mention of people wanting KoToRIII? Thats is not even a rumor, it is someones wish...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.