Your Jade Empire playing style?

Greetings and salutations friends & n00bs alike. In case you haven't already heard, the combat in JE simply r0x0rs one's b0xors!

Now I went with the Furious Ming character model, 'cause the Balanced Male model looked like a chump. Anyway, I'm buiding my character to be chi intensive, with moderate attention to health and lesser to focus. I'm still early in the game, but my basic strategy thus far seems to be:

1/ Opening up with a Heavenly Wave area attack to slow my enemies down.

2/ Switching to Legendary Strike and hammer away with Power Attack.

3/ Mopping up with Fortune's Favorite attacks.

I think the key to mastering combat here is to not to get hit. Using the block + direction analog I'm pretty much able to dodge most blows as long as a stay on my toes (surely this must be a crime, for I have made another ryhme).

So far I'm having a ball...especially whilst JE's *beautiful* music plays in the background. >_<

Well enough about me - what's your stratagem?

manthing2.jpg

Shoulda listened to me. I always speak the truth.

Anyways, my strategy is different:

I've focused on Mind, and Body as I'm boosting charm.

My main styles are legendary strike, and ice shards.

My strategy is mostly using legendary strike and dodge. On mass enemies I use focus mode, and ice shard to lower the numbers. on tough battles I bring in chi, and switch styles and then pray it'll work. LOL

Once again, I have to say:

Anyone who thinks KOTOR is better than JE is either ddrunk or a SW fnaboy. Otherwise, there is no logical reason to think this way.

And, oh, any game where you get to see B00BIES and get to say the following: "Give your pet a peanut." automatically wins. :D

Good job. :lol:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Shoulda listened to me. I always speak the truth.

"My opinion is law - yours is not. I win, you lose, game over." -Volourn

^_^

-----

Once again, I have to say:

Anyone who thinks KOTOR is better than JE is either ddrunk or a SW fnaboy. Otherwise, there is no logical reason to think this way.

Interestingly enough, this amazing RT combat system would lend itself perfectly to multiplayer support - again unlike KotOR's.

manthing2.jpg

"What is it then?"

That would be a spoiler.

"So you still think it's as good as BG? "

Yes. :blink:

"My opinion is law - yours is not. I win, you lose, game over." -Volourn"

Game over. :ermm: I'm surprise you remember that quote. :blink:"

"Interestingly enough, this amazing RT combat system would lend itself perfectly to multiplayer support - again unlike KotOR's."

Hell, it's better than many MP combat games like the various Mortal Kombat games. <>

I like the game allot also. except I notice I have to be alert when playing because of the fighting system. :thumbsup: At less i could play SW half asleep and still kick a$$.

But it should be good since the pushed it back over a year. :o

heath and chi for me.

I pick the big dude and his pissed off.

"But it should be good since the pushed it back over a year."

Um. No they didn't. Kind of ahrd to push the rleease date back when there was no release date until like Janaury of this year...

"But it should be good since the pushed it back over a year."

Um. No they didn't. Kind of ahrd to push the rleease date back when there was no release date until like Janaury of this year...

Yes they did I order it from Ebgames about year half ago. Thats when it date for release was March 2004. then it got moved to may then Nov. then april 8 then then march 3 then finially march 13. I been watching for this game for a long time. :p So it did come out later then bioware was planning.

"Yes they did I order it from Ebgames about year half ago. Thats when it date for release was March 2004. then it got moved to may then Nov. then april 8 then then march 3 then finially march 13. I been watching for this game for a long time. So it did come out later then bioware was planning."

Nice try. EB may have pushed back their erroneous release date; but BIo didn't. They didn't have any release date to push. The stories just like to assume they know. Maybe it came out before or after BIow anted it to; but there was no push back for the release date as there was no release date.

Okay, let me say that the story of Jade Empire is most assuredly NOT a strong point. Its a combination of every BioWare game made, to date. Chosen one with natural (perhaps supernatural *In spooky voice*) gifts, whose destiny is, of course, to save the world/empire/land/insert area here.

Don't worry I'm not spoiling anything. They tell you as much in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Now that the unpleasentness is out of the way. The game play is fairly solid. I'm not a fan of the over-the-top visuals for guard (the yellow force field) and fierce attacks (the blue lightning build-up). Focus is pretty cool, I like how it fades into a grey-scale and slows time down. Pretty neat. I'm glad to see that there is finally a semi-RPG (lets be honest, I have not seen much in the way of roleplaying yet) using a combat engine which doesn't have any sheen of turn-based mechanics. They might be there UNDER the gameplay, but I don't have to deal with them.

Overall I don't like the story, but the game play makes up for it in pretty big ways. The graphics are pretty, the music is cool, but I'm a story/gameplay primarily person. Not sure how I feel about the leveling system, yet. Time will tell.

As for strategy, I don't use any one strategy. I like to try new things, different combinations, etc...

"Chosen one with natural (perhaps supernatural *In spooky voice*) gifts, whose destiny is, of course, to save the world/empire/land/insert area here."

I coulda told ya this months gao. In fact, BIo themselevs told us this months ago.

"I'm not a fan of the over-the-top visuals for guard (the yellow force field"

You mean block? Yeah, that does look chessy. They should just get rid of it and let you block 'normally'.

"They might be there UNDER the gameplay, but I don't have to deal with them."

That's because it's 100% RT.

"(lets be honest, I have not seen much in the way of roleplaying yet)"

You aren't paying attention then. How did you deal with Smiling Mountain's Chalenge against the one female student?

How 'bout that guy at the beach who owes a debt to one Gao the Greater?

'How bout the merchant?

This game has more role-playing than every other BIO game including the BG series.

Game over.

I had a total of 5 roleplaying choices over the course of 2 hours of playing. Everything else was either "hooligan" or "sappy good-guy." There are no truely gut wrenching decisions, like in KotOR2 where you save a life and Kreia presents you with a scenario that you just saved a murderer.

Its either good guy, or bad guy. They follow the same formula as KotOR, simple and boring roleplaying, which is to say very little.

If it weren't for the fun combat I wouldn't have bought the game (rent first, people.)

"Yes they did I order it from Ebgames about year half ago. Thats when it date for release was March 2004. then it got moved to may then Nov. then april 8 then then march 3 then finially march 13. I been watching for this game for a long time.  So it did come out later then bioware was planning."

Nice try. EB may have pushed back their erroneous release date; but BIo didn't. They didn't have any release date to push. The stories just like to assume they know. Maybe it came out before or after BIow anted it to; but there was no push back for the release date as there was no release date.

But the stores don't pull those dates out thin air. Most companies have dates they think they can have product ready and they tell the stores and the stores post that date. Is the date set in stone no it can change at anytime. However I'm not upset that the game took longer then they expected it to because its better then bugged that needed some testing before release. KOTOR 2 comes to mind. :thumbsup:

Beside even after they made the set date it still got pushed back week later. problems happen. :lol:

"Its either good guy, or bad guy."

Really? Once again, I point you in the direction of the fellow who has the debt with Gao the Greater. How is that a good vs. evil choice. I tell you; it most certainly is not. It may be a Palm vs. Fist choice; but good vs. evil; i think not.

"There are no truely gut wrenching decisions, like in KotOR2 where you save a life and Kreia presents you with a scenario that you just saved a murderer."

Oh please. That wans't gutwrenching. That wa spure manipulation on the game's part. It was also very much black and white. OMG You just svaed a murderer! LOLOLOLLIPOP How is that NOT black and white?

"I had a total of 5 roleplaying choices over the course of 2 hours of playing."

That would beat either of the KOTOR series. Or the BG series.

"But the stores don't pull those dates out thin air."

That's true. They push.. or so I say... fart it out of the behinds. It doesn't matter what the store says. BIO had no release date outside of 'When its done'.

"That's a pretty bold statement"

It's also true. :thumbsup: