Heretic Kingdoms:The Inquisition

One2Many

Well, I'm doing my usual pre-weekend crawl thru the internet searching for crpgs--this one has apparently just shipped in the U.S. It's supposed to have been out in Europe for awhile. Reading the description, it's hard to tell how much "'RPG" is in the mix. I know combat is realtime--just curious how combat-heavy it might be. I'd be interested in any feedback.

Also, anybody heard of a turn-based fantasy strategy game called The Dominions? I believe it's Swedish.

(w00t) Interesting game :devil:

I finished the european version months ago :p"

It's mostly a H&S game with a great story :p

The story is the best part,and I'm not going to spoil it for you ;)

Character development-simplistic ;)

Attunement system-hard to master

Dream World -almost useless :(

Combat heavy-Not as much as Diablo,more than Kotor ;)

Give it a try you might like it :wub:

Appreciate the non-spoilers. I thought the story sounded solid and original.

Combat level sounds about right for me--I don't mind a little fetch & carry or meaningful dialogue options, but I think combat is easier for most games to do successfully.

Thanks for the input.

Appreciate the non-spoilers. I thought the story sounded solid and original.

Combat level sounds about right for me--I don't mind a little fetch & carry or meaningful dialogue options, but I think combat is easier for most games to do successfully.

Thanks for the input.

Dreamworld is a good idea, not completely useless too, the attunement system is interesting, for the rest is a combat heavy hack and slash. A very simple game, nothing special. For that price you could get much much worse.

(w00t) Dreamworld is useless, as it's only good for killing monsters :p

A very simple game, nothing special

Nothing special,except last years best storyline :thumbsup:"

The dreamworld is taken from LOK,check it out if you want to see how it should be :x

Thanks. :wub: Why 79? Well, I think that's a pretty good score - I don't like overblown scores. There's a number of small quibbles that chipped away at the score...it needed to be longer to explore the second half of the story a little better, I wanted more active attunements and more control over when to use them, could use combos or other "advanced" combat options, the major "choices" could have more impact (although actually providing the choices makes it better than nearly every other action RPG), a little bit of skating with the animation. Umm..that will do. I still play it, though - nice game. :wub:

I just finished my second playthrough :(; it's definitely worth a look, and at $30 is also worth the money. It's a short game; you could blow through it in a weekend of hard playing, or a week if you took your time. I actually found the brevity refreshing, and the whole attunement system is pretty fun once you get used to it. The biggest drawback (for me, anyway) is that the game suffers from some balance issues, especially at the higher difficulty levels. Of course, talking about balance issues in a KOTOR2 related forum is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, but...

Anyway, the game is still fun. Go out and buy it now, you won't regret it :-"